University of Dayton

University of Dayton President Daniel J. Curran

Daniel J. Curran

Overall Excellent Experience

LTC Student Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsGreat understanding of the need to balance studies, while earning decent campus wages. The managers are also excellent and are flexible to work around your needs.

ConsThere are too many student employed, meaning you will be scheduled for on average 10 hours/week. Additionally, there can be times when regardless of student events you have going on - you must attend misc meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Very eye widening job at research institute of University of Dayton. UDRI

Energy Engineer (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsWorking under supervision of Prof. Kelly Kissock as one of the most prominent people in the field of energy efficiency. Energy auditing in different manufacturing facilities help employees to be very flexible.

ConsMulti nationality of employees was a barrier for communication in initial weeks.

Amazing people and environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAn amazing and supportive environment with respectful and passionate employees/students.

ConsNone! I loved everything about my employment at UD.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity to build career before graduation

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsUD cares a lot about their students and provides many ways for them to succeed while still in school. One of these ways is through student employment. I always felt encouraged by the staff and was able to build quality relationships with not only the staff but my student co-workers as well. The staff encouraged success with academics by providing leniency and flexibility with work schedules. All while helping students to build skills to use in their future careers

ConsThe administration. Some students are working to put themselves through college and putting a cap on hours per week prevents us from doing that. Threatening to fire us if we work too much is absurd.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with students and receive their input before making decisions.

Great place to work

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsInteresting Projects and work with intelligent group of individuals

ConsDepends almost entirely on government grants

Advice to Senior Managementneed sales and marketing professionals to sell your ideas

Amazing time with great people

Grad Assistant (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThe people there are very helpful and share insight as to the best ways to complete tasks. The staff was friendly and utilized a great mix or "work" and "play" when it came time for breaks.

ConsThe long hours and the distance I had to walk from my car to the building. Also the elevators rarely worked and were constantly trapping people in them.

A fantastic company to work for, outside of salary.

Associate Researcher (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsThe work is quite interesting, there are many areas to work in, the people are fantastic, management structure (at least at the Research Institute) is very flat and management is actively working on projects, benefits are the best I have ever seen, they truly care about your family life (great work-life balance)

ConsSalary is low, feast-or-famine as far as work goes (that's the nature of research though)

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise your employee's salaries some. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing!

Awesome

Prosthis school is a lot of fun. the people are great. the teachers are great. you cant go wrong going here

ConsNothing really. this school is a lot of fun. the people are great. the teachers are great. you cant go wrong going here

UD provides a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to its employees while continuously improving their research capability.

Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

ProsBenefits package
    HR
    Welcoming atmosphere
    Beautiful campus
    Principles-first administration

ConsPay
    Career advancement opportunities for staff
    Disconnect (relative) between engineering, sciences, and surrounding resources

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide direct pathways for career advancement for research staff between science, engineering, University of Dayton Research Institute, and Wright Patterson Airforce Base, and closely associated companies such as UES. In other words, there should be a mechanism where I do not have to do all the legwork myself to set up networking with people at these locations if I already work here.

UD ensures that students receive jobs in order to assist them financially throughout their time at the university.

Community Liaison (Current Employee)

ProsWonderful opportunities to join the workforce
    Great community of employees that are always willing to assist with questions or projects
    Communication is strong across the board
    Amazing advancement when it comes to implementing technology throughout the university, including advancement of positions

ConsMinimum wage with no raise
    Little opportunity for advancement into new roles, need for new positions
    Move older workers out of positions due to lack of understanding modern technology/ways

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more positions that will build your students into potential employees of UD.

Worked for University of Dayton? Contribute to the Community!