University of Hawaii at Manoa
manoa.hawaii.edu Honolulu, HI

University of Hawaii at Manoa Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Student Worker Experience!!

ITS Administrative Services Student Clerk (Current Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I have been working at University of Hawaii at Manoa part-time for more than a year

ProsFamily like work atmosphere. They value your work as a student and treat you with respect. Very flexible with working schedule. They understand that you're a student first and so taking time off for studying is not a problem.

ConsLimited work hours while going to school full time. No more than 20 hrs/week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good mentor-ship.

Working at UH

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Hawaii at Manoa part-time

ProsFriendly people, good benefits (state job benefits and tuition waiver), choice to join a union for regular full-time employees

ConsFirst paycheck can take 6 weeks (or more if administrative staff messes up), understaffed, overworked employees, low morale (depending which department you're in), underachieving workers protected by the union

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do a better job in controlling costs and not overcompensate senior management employees. Need to hire more administrative staff. Need better training of employees.

Hawaii is not a good place for graduate students

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at University of Hawaii at Manoa part-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are nice, weather is perfect, and you never get bored in town as there is always plenty of fun to do if you're either an indoor or outdoor person. Living in Hawaii gives you a good chance to meet many internationals and make a lot of long lasting friendships as less than half of Hawaii residents are US white persons.

ConsWell, after a while you get lazy because everything is perfect and nothing changes, even weather, as it was going to be. So, I can say Hawaii is a not a good place for long time living of young people graduated from college and want to work hard. There is not many industrial companies and most of openings are withing government, army and tourism.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take more care of renovation and maintenance. It's so true that construction costs are pretty high in Aloha State but everywhere not built recently is very old, from maybe 50's or 60's.

Okay, though in a permanent state of salary freeze, and their current insurance provider is terrible (UHA).

I have been working at University of Hawaii at Manoa

ProsFlexibility, relaxed environment, relaxed attire, access to some very strong global programs.

ConsSome programs are weak, undergraduates are often unmotivated, matching 401K only vested after 5 years of employment.

Good place

I have been working at University of Hawaii at Manoa

ProsGood location and nice people

Consexpensive in everything, not very big city

Worked for University of Hawaii at Manoa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at University of Hawaii at Manoa reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by University of Hawaii at Manoa employees.