University of Missouri

University of Missouri Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

University of Missouri President Timothy M. Wolfe

Timothy M. Wolfe

Pros
  • flexible schedule , great working environment and people(in 16 reviews)

• Hours are flexible, working with students is very rewarding(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • At times communication with upper management can be difficult due to frequency of travel(in 4 reviews)

• I don't think this is a con, but you'd have to enjoy living in a small college town to work here(in 3 reviews)

University System is a Great Place to Work

Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe section of the University System that I worked in had great co-workers. Everyone is polite and friendly. The University provides great benefits as well. There are opportunities for job growth and advancement. Continued education is encouraged.

ConsLower pay compared to what you would get working elsewhere, but is made up for with the benefits.

Good school to work for

ProsThey have a lot of departments

ConsNon, typical state university. I have a great advisor who is well funded which makes things nice

Great experience and opportunity

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsGave me the opportunity to do exciting work, meet interesting people, and lead to the contacts that put me on my current career path.

ConsI cant think of any worth mentioning.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are not charged for tuition.

ConsI worked as a contract employee and not continously

Good starting point, but the talented, ambitious people move on

ProsGreat benefits package. College atmosphere can be fun. It seems like during the summer the work slows down across campus, so that is relaxing.

ConsBudgets are tightening so everyone is expected to do more with less. It seems like a lot of people are unhappy and stressed, but are not willing or able to look for employment elsewhere. Bureaucracy stifles growth and new ideas.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

A great place to work

Administrative Associate I (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe University of Missouri - Columbia is a great place to work. It is one of the main employers in Columbia, MO. They offer flexible schedules, great vacation and sick time, and retirement benefits.

ConsThe pay is not the best however the culture is great. They should focus more on personal growth, offer jobs where employees can move up instead of reaching a dead end.

It was good!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was good experience. The staff is really good and helps you whenever required. There is always an autonomy to work.

ConsIt gets difficult sometimes to work along with your course work.

good experienced for graduate in engineering

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Rolla, MO

Prosgood infrastructure, enthusiastic staff/ teachers, good projects

Consvery hectic coursework and qualifier requirements as compared to other schools

Advice to Senior Managementmid level management crisis.

Great University - great place to work!

ProsQuality of life, diversity of experience, collegial atmosphere

ConsInconsistent leadership, pay, difficulty getting everyone (e.g. University System, Campus Leadership, Division/Departmental Leadership) all pulling the same direction toward a common goal

Enlightening and inspiring.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI have loved having the opportunity to work on real world projects and problems. It has been incredibly educational and I have grown a lot as a person because of it.

ConsI think one of the cons is that your educational and work experience is dependent on the faculty that teach or employ you. I believe that this can either make for a great or horrible experience depending on the faculty member.

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!