University of Missouri

University of Missouri Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

University of Missouri President Timothy M. Wolfe

Timothy M. Wolfe

Pros
  • flexible schedule , great working environment and people (in 16 reviews)

• Hours are flexible, working with students is very rewarding (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • At times communication with upper management can be difficult due to frequency of travel (in 4 reviews)

• I don't think this is a con, but you'd have to enjoy living in a small college town to work here (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

PDP STUDENT FACILITATOR

Professional Development Class Facilitator (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsWork/Life balance was great. If you like to speak with different college students on a daily basis, this is a perfect job for you. Everyone in the office/team was more like family instead of colleagues.

ConsOnly for Junior/Senior business students at Mizzou.

University System is a Great Place to Work

Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe section of the University System that I worked in had great co-workers. Everyone is polite and friendly. The University provides great benefits as well. There are opportunities for job growth and advancement. Continued education is encouraged.

ConsLower pay compared to what you would get working elsewhere, but is made up for with the benefits.

A great place to work

Administrative Associate I (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsThe University of Missouri - Columbia is a great place to work. It is one of the main employers in Columbia, MO. They offer flexible schedules, great vacation and sick time, and retirement benefits.

ConsThe pay is not the best however the culture is great. They should focus more on personal growth, offer jobs where employees can move up instead of reaching a dead end.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enlightening and inspiring.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI have loved having the opportunity to work on real world projects and problems. It has been incredibly educational and I have grown a lot as a person because of it.

ConsI think one of the cons is that your educational and work experience is dependent on the faculty that teach or employ you. I believe that this can either make for a great or horrible experience depending on the faculty member.

Great Education!

Student Worker (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsDepending on your program, the class sizes can be around 5-18 for each professor. The instructors care if yo understand the material.

ConsSome classes are not important, but are required. The total number of credit hours needed to graduate are not always clear. Low paying wages.

I'm very proud to say I work for University of Missouri Healthcare

Hospital Patient Account Representative/Clerical Support (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsMy friends are my co-workers and we work together like team.

ConsYou have to always be open to change, take all required online module training.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Graduate research assistant

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsMotivated faculty and cutting edge research.

ConsNo cons as as such .

Motivating environment.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsNice college town with good professors

ConsMiddle of nowhere, far from any other place.

good university

Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

Prosbeautiful school,nothing, everything is perfect well

Consvery beautiful school for me.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing, everything is perfect well

Great Learning Experience at Campus Dining Services at University of Missouri

Student Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsI had a great experience learning and working with the managers at Mark Twain Market. The schedule was flexible and they let me bring in my own ideas and creativity to improve the workplace for employees and customers.

ConsAs a student it may be difficult to be promoted for the small amount of student management positions available. Sometimes the shifts you would want to work would get filled up too quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to grow and teach the students good work ethic and how to be a talented manager.

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!