University of North Texas

www.unt.edu

University of North Texas Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
University of North Texas – US – “UNT”

University of North Texas President V. Lane Rawlins

V. Lane Rawlins

Pros
  • Great students and a wonderful work environment(in 11 reviews)

• If work/life balance is important to you - than you will enjoy it there(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There's no cons really, it's just a part time job(in 6 reviews)

• 800 per month for 20 hours per week(in 3 reviews)

Summer Internship

Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) Denton, TX

ProsThe schedule we received was flexible - 8 hour workdays with mandatory hours between 10 - 2 (with the possibility of working from home some) and that was very nice.

ConsThe job didn't have much guidance. Didn't see management at all on some days, and saw them for no more than an hour on every other day.

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly guide students along more. Part of the experience is being able to self teach from reading research papers, but sometimes it is really helpful to listen to a quick crash course on certain difficult subjects.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING TO WORK WITH! MY TIME WITH THEM WAS WONDERFUL . ALL CONS AND NO NEGATIVES. ALL PROFESSONAL1

Consultant (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsI would work for UNT again in a heartbeat. Professors were always professional and I please don't hesitate to be a student or consultant for them.

ConsAbsolutely nothing. Amazing group to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKEEP the Geriatric Program. I know it was consider for discontinuation. What was Administration thinking? Duh....look at the numbers of the aging population.

Great people, fantastic for someone new to employment.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with amazing people at UNT - everyone was nice, helpful, friendly, and stayed on task. It felt like I was helping friends out rather than pushing my way through a daily grind. Questions were welcomed, I never felt inferior or like my input wasn't worth anything.

ConsAfter 2 years I was at the same position and making $.50 only more an hour than when I started. I learned a bunch, but it was still only enough to keep me from getting fired. Not really any opportunity for advancement. When I had little to do, I would ask higher-ups, but they'd have nothing for me - some shifts were spent doing homework.

Advice to Senior ManagementProper training sessions for lower-level employees would be awesome! As an administrative assistant I learned smatterings of how to do this or that, but I never learned enough about anything in particular to work my way up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SA

Student Assistant (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsGood experience, and great room to grow as a student and leader. Helps with teamwork, etc.

ConsTime management issues. Sometimes it can be difficult to manage the job and classes at the same time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing, really

Lots of room for improvement

ProsTuition rebate, good benefits, low stress

ConsVery low pay, little room for advancement, university does not seem to want to change even though many changes would be beneficial

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, have higher standards for your leadership in each office, pay employees better than what a student can earn

Surprisingly political

Assistant Professor (Current Employee)

ProsIt's academia, you get a lot more individual freedom of expression.

ConsThe flow of information is so controlled it makes getting anything done almost impossible.

Website development at University of North Texas

Website Developer (Current Employee) Denton, TX

ProsThis position had a very flexible work schedule and gave a reasonable amount of time to finish tasks, personal experience, working in teams.

ConsNothing much as long as you listen to your boss and follow his/her instructions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are lots of benefits such as you learn a lot about programming languages today.

Great summer opportunities.

Summer Camp Assistant (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsWell paid, I got free housing and meals, pretty engaging.

ConsI have no complaints with them.

Great Place

Student Assistant (Current Employee) Denton, TX

ProsTraining, Flexible schedule. Great co workers and work environment. They want you to succeed and will be very accommodating. Opportunity to earn stable pay check and work with great people

Consi do not have anyhing bad to say

Advice to Senior Managementno

It was a wonderful experience, one of the best jobs I've ever had.

Donor Development Representative (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsIt had a Flexible management staff, with a casual environment, despite all this we still maintain a professional work ethic and got things done. In many instances we were able to meet our goals and sometimes we even exceeded them. Other than pay we were given many perks from our development team that made it worthwhile.

ConsThe only problem I had was the level of compensation, although because of the other perks I didn't mind it too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Worked for University of North Texas? Contribute to the Community!