University of Pennsylvania Health System

Be The First To
Add Photos

University of Pennsylvania Health System CEO Ralph W. Muller

Ralph W. Muller

Pros
  • Great Benefits such as furthering your education(in 5 reviews)

• Stable employment, great work-life balance, nice people(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • there are alot of politics that go on(in 2 reviews)

• Senior management needs to come and see what goes on and what does not go on in the offices even its once a year(in 2 reviews)

UPenn Health System Review

Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat Management and Great Work Environment

ConsUrban Life in main branches tend to be very busy. (if that is something you mind)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue running the business the way you run it now. Very great experience of working at UPHS

Amazing Place to Work

Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTeamwork, Morale, Incentives, Benefits, Leadership

ConsParking is hard to find sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementDont change a thing

An amazing internship opportunity within the radiation oncology department

Research (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe workplace was an amazing environment to work in. There was no shortage of projects or tasks to keep yourself busy. The staff was very accepting of my experience level and were eager to teach me all of the software needed to perform my research. Also, all of the other interns, graduate students, and other post-docs were very nice.

ConsAt times, clinical responsibilities of the professional staff would interfere with possible research issues and it would be some time before they get resolved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toxic Institution. Not happy at all !!!!!!!!

Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTuition Aid & some aspects of medical coverage. Not much more than that.

ConsEntire atmosphere, low morale among employees, lack of employee respect & appreciation. Pay is poor, & lack of affordable parking for employees. Just a very toxic place to work. I can understand why HUP is dropping out of the top 10 in the nation. It's not a nice to place to work at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management. Stop placing persons in supervisory positions who lack the skills to lead! As well as, lack professionalism.

Very happy so far!

IT Director (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe benefits are very good, and very reasonably priced. The employment is generally very stable, and layoffs are pretty well unheard of, at least en masse. Salary is competitive, but on the lower side of the range. 401(k) matching and tuition benefits are very good. Some of the best management I've seen in a large organization, and a very financially stable organization.

ConsIt can be a bureaucratic place, as you might expect with any large organization. Once you learn the ropes, though, it's not so bad.

A Hand Up not a hand out

Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsI am grateful for the educational and work experience I received at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

ConsI have no cons that are not afforded to all University based teaching hospitals.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work with your employees and allow them the opportunity for advancement within the health system by supporting them to work and attend classes to be a greater asset to the organization.

Great opportunity to advance in your career and further your education.

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat Benefits such as furthering your education.

ConsNot really anything bad to say about university of pennsylvania health system

Advice to Senior ManagementNone needed

Treats Employees Like Children

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsChestnut Hill Hospital is located on a beautiful campus in Philadelphia. It is easy to get to because it is located near public transportation. Most of the people are friendly.

ConsEmployees are treated like children. Management questions every decision- no matter how small. Employees are given "incidents" when taking sick days- even with a doctor's note. Too many incidents and you are written up/disciplined. Sick days are provided, but not meant to be used. There is zero work life balance. Vacation days are accrued, which is fine, but then you are forced to take them when you don't want to- before all holidays and sometimes at random. Benefits are expensive and not very good. There is a deductible on the prescriptions!

Advice to Senior ManagementTell employees what is really going on in the company. Don't question why I choose to use the days off I have earned. If you don't trust someone's judgement, they should not be an employee. Stop pretending employees aren't people. Employees are treated like slaves.

Doing more with less is not always beneficial.

ProsGreat benefits are incredible and unbeatable.

ConsThere is too much bureaucratic nonsense.

good company.

Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosgreat benefits, really nice employees

ConsNone that I want to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone that I want to share.

Worked for University of Pennsylvania Health System? Contribute to the Community!