University of Pennsylvania Health System

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. The UPenn Health System combines professionalism, academic opportunities, and a pleasant work culture all in one.

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at University of Pennsylvania Health System part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are flexible work hours with a overall culture of success. In terms of pay, pay is scaled based on your prior work experience and ability to contribute. There are also a variety of benefits from health insurance to tuition benefits.

Cons

Difficulty finding parking at times Stagnant salary scaling upon working

Advice to Management

Upper management is usually difficult to obtain as it is a highly competitive and presitigous field/institution.

2. Pretty good, tuition reimbursment, pleasant work environment (at one point).

Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location, Opportunities to progress, Training and Tuition Reimbursment... Early one I was able to take advantage of many of the benefits allowed through Penn medicine but managment is key as lately I have experiences many negative changes.

Cons

Behind the scenes issues, CCA Senior management, much more restrictions than other entities. It seems as though we are paid less for the same level of work, and also recieve less in benefits.

Advice to Management

CCA should try and ATTEMPT to care a little more about their employees.

3. I had a great time working here.

Former Employee - Home Health Nurse
    Former Employee - Home Health Nurse

I worked at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Education assistance was very good, they pay up front for cost instead of reimbursing you later. Very secure job, stayed on top of technology and has a great IT team/help desk.

Cons

Although the education assistance was good, it was VERY frustrating to obtain it. I had to resubmit paperwork over and over, make so many calls, they were late in making my payments to my school which caused me to pay late fees. I know some employees would pay for education themselves just to avoid the stress of dealing with this.

5. Good

Current Employee - Staff RN in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Phila, PA

I have been working at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like that I am able to work with a group of people as a team. I like that there is a collaborative effort made to help patients get better.

Cons

12 hour shifts, day night rotation,

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and at least act as if you do care when problems arise in your employees lives. Your employees are committed to their work, but they have a life outside of the patient care area.

6. Stable employment - does not reward performance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable employment, great work-life balance, nice people.

Cons

Across the board pay increases - no pay for performance, highly political - hard to advance, organizational superiority complex, low pay, reactive not proactive management

Advice to Management

Implement pay for performance, listen to staff, learn how to lead

7. Research Assistant- Foot in the door

I have been working at University of Pennsylvania Health System

Pros

Friendly, well-educated and laid back people to work with. Very flexible job hours!

Cons

I am not making quite as much as I want to be but goes with the nature of my position.

8. Don't standby their workers

Former Employee - ECG/Holtor Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - ECG/Holtor Technician in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

HUP provides excellent patient care. The doctor's and staff have excellent bedside manner pertaining to inpatient and outpatient health care.

Cons

Had a slip and fall on the job. Dr. and nurses in employee health treated me like a criminal. Ignored all of my health conditions. I was prescribed muscle relaxants and sent back to my office. Staff at employee health and my supervisor , stated that I was faking. Even though outpatient's and co-workers witnessed my fall.

Advice to Management

Need to treat their workers with dignity and respect. All workers are not hungry to stay home and collect sixty percent of their salary instead of one hundred percent of their income.

9. Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

liked the people i was working with

Cons

there are alot of politics that go on.

10. Still new and still satisfied

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technologist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at University of Pennsylvania Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours, compensated for working overtime.

Cons

Not given regular feedback so at times I don't know how my supervisor feels about my performance.

11. Excellent Opportunities

Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The office environment is very friendly, everyone knows their responsibilities and take time to coach others.

Cons

A lot of turnover and change as doctors or staff find new positions elsewhere after gaining experience.

Advice to Management

Revert back to being less strict in the offices that are not in contact with patients.

RSS Feed </> Embed