University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

University of Phoenix President Dr. William Pepicello

Dr. William Pepicello

Pros
  • Great pay, good benefits, I enjoy the opportunities I have for problem solving,(in 44 reviews)

• Great benefits / somewhat flexible schedule(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • the worst upper management ever in the history of life(in 18 reviews)

• The pay is terrible and have made it clear that there is little to no chance of advancing(in 9 reviews)

ok job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees have access to fitness center

ConsThe pay structure was changed. This decreased the ability of top performers to be awarded for work.

Wonderful experience where I grew personally and professionally

Senior Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLeading teams of people who get the chance to change the lives of those they reach is very gratifying.

ConsThe company has moved most of the operation to PHX which limits the opportunity for growth if you don't want to live in PHX

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize there is talent all of the country. Good people will work hard for you no matter where they sit.

Great place to work

Prosgreat management that tries to do the right thing

Conslack of advancement opportunities for tenured employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entry level job not a career

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsYou get to help student who are serious about continuing his or her education. Good education benefits to continue grad school.

ConsNo movement even laterally within the company. No chance of promotion. Managers do not help growth but rather micromanage based on numbers only.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop Micromanaging and start real career development

Just its excellent!

Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsI was student in phoenix and i trying to continue my education same time there.

Consstudy and learn more experiences.

Advice to Senior Managementas working team ,we can resolve all problem, there is nothing not be resolve this worlds

If you love change, this is the place for you!

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits were wonderful! The work-life balance was good prior to many changes.

ConsGoing to the shift bid schedule really upset the good work-life balance they were offering employees. There was no room for growth.

This has by far been the best company to work for.

Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe salary is comparable to the cost of living. The availablty to increase by salary was attainable and the training my experience there feel that I was prepared to handle anything.

ConsThe role of a Financial Aid advisor can be very stressful so the day to day duties can be quite daunting. I really didnt have any issues with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that there management systems that are in place are great just the way they are.

UOP can be a good fit for someone wanting to get a good start in the online teaching world.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork is asynchronous, meaning teachers and students login and meet work requirements on their own time. UOP seems to care about students and the quality of education.

ConsCompensation is relatively low and work load is unpredictable. Demand for teachers (or what they call "facilitators") seems to be declining. UOP may be suffering from heavy competition but they also appear to be working to compete and provide a higher quality education for students.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more clear with setting expectations for facilitators and work harder to find ways of aligning qualified individuals with other teaching opportunities within the organization.

Adjunct Faculty

Adjunct Online Instructor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat systems and tools and communication

Conspoor growth potential and spotty schedule

Advice to Senior Managementspend less on higher ups

Not what I hoped for....

Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsCo workers have great personalities. They're fun to be around. Money is okay.

ConsManagement convinces employees to be pushy. Micro management. Job description is not aligned with the actual expectations of the role. Structure of the sales process is robotic. Very much a tele marketing position. Job states to find the best fit, but insists you probe all customers even if not interested. Students feel harassed by calling them several times. Changing shifts, no consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop micro managing and support employees to be themselves. Have good criticism and not just a bunch of negative coaching/feedback. Be honest about what the job really is before training.

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!