University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

University of Phoenix President Dr. William Pepicello

Dr. William Pepicello

Pros
  • Great pay, good benefits, I enjoy the opportunities I have for problem solving,(in 44 reviews)

• Great benefits / somewhat flexible schedule(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • the worst upper management ever in the history of life(in 18 reviews)

• The pay is terrible and have made it clear that there is little to no chance of advancing(in 9 reviews)

Exceptional, I recommend that you give them a try.

Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsVery helpful and concern with you getting all you can out of the time spent at the University

ConsNot enough time in one day to consume all the knowledge their willing to share with you for your future

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work ethics you have install in your staff.

This has by far been the best company to work for.

Student Finance Advisor (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe salary is comparable to the cost of living. The availablty to increase by salary was attainable and the training my experience there feel that I was prepared to handle anything.

ConsThe role of a Financial Aid advisor can be very stressful so the day to day duties can be quite daunting. I really didnt have any issues with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that there management systems that are in place are great just the way they are.

Wonderful experience where I grew personally and professionally

Senior Director of Enrollment (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLeading teams of people who get the chance to change the lives of those they reach is very gratifying.

ConsThe company has moved most of the operation to PHX which limits the opportunity for growth if you don't want to live in PHX

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize there is talent all of the country. Good people will work hard for you no matter where they sit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just its excellent!

Senior Research Assistant (Current Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsI was student in phoenix and i trying to continue my education same time there.

Consstudy and learn more experiences.

Advice to Senior Managementas working team ,we can resolve all problem, there is nothing not be resolve this worlds

Pleased faculty

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsI enjoy teaching at the University of Phoenix. It forces me to read, learn, evaluate and re-evaluate my educational abilities. Processes are constantly changing and it keeps me going and fresh. The staff at the local facility are very nice and productive for the most part. Teaching at the University of Phoenix is not for everyone, but I have enjoyed it!

ConsI am a contract employee and as such I am not guaranteed classes, and there are no benefits. No medical insurance, sick time, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the University of Phoenix is going in the right direction on many levels.

A dynamic and forward-looking company focused on the latest technology to service its students

Training Specialist (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsOutstanding management
    Great benefits
    Seeks to improve the lives of its employees

ConsDifficult to get time off at times

Advice to Senior ManagementDedicated and forward-looking

Great place to work!

Faculty Supervisor (Current Employee) Remote, OR

ProsPay is excellent; faculty training opportunities are helpful.

ConsOnline students should be screened more carefully before being enrolled.

Excellent

Technology Professor (Current Employee) Guaynabo, PR

ProsDiversity and Adult learning oriented

ConsNeed a better business strategy in Puerto Rico

Review

Online Faculty (Current Employee)

ProsUniversity of Phoenix is a great place to work. They are on the cutting edge of online education and continue to find better ways to educate out students.

ConsDue to the economy there has been a slight reduction in sutdent enrollment, which effect the number of courses you are offered to teach.

Awesome, great leadership at the Jacksonville Campus

Academic Counselor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat co-workers, wonderful fast forward environment and great training, loved the leadership program, loved the educational environment, the perks of discounts on education was amazing. Loved my position

ConsPay is decent, I don't have anything negative to say. I loved working there. Just wished there were more flexible options.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for flexible work hours and part time work

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!