University of Saint Joseph Reviews

CEO

1. Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Dean of the School of Education

Former Employee - Executive/Administrative Assistant in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Executive/Administrative Assistant in West Hartford, CT

I worked at University of Saint Joseph (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was professionally accomplished and then head-hunted for the Executive Assistant position at the Wadsworth Atheneum. I felt that personally and professionally this was a position I was to accept and pursue, I excelled in two writing tests and showed examples of my organizational and communciation skills and was hired within 2 days.

Cons

Low pay, loved my job

2. Staff and Faculty care deeply about students, but leadership can lack direction and focus

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hartford, CT

I worked at University of Saint Joseph full-time

Pros

Very welcoming community, phenomenal retirement benefits, small department staff numbers allow employees to be involved in many different projects and learn new skills, students are wonderful to work with, the support staff for all departments are pleasant and willing to support each other

Cons

Individual professional development is lacking and formal mentorship is virtually non-existent, internal and external organizational messaging is not always consistent and departments often do not communicate with each other making simple tasks harder

Advice to Management

Create ways to cut through the bureaucracy that impedes progress by reviewing long standing processes, and continue to create opportunities for employees to support each other through development and training

3. Good work-life balance, but low pay

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at University of Saint Joseph full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

University of Saint Joseph offers a great work-life balance and management treats all individuals with respect. Many offices are understaffed so you will be very busy, but it's good to have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, with varying levels of difficult. USJ offers 100% tuition reimbursement to full-time employees and a great 403B match program.

Cons

low salary, little room for advancement

5. A rewarding professional experience- competent students and faculty

Current Employee - Adjunct in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Adjunct in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at University of Saint Joseph

Pros

quality of students, good communications, respect for faculty, good compensation. A growing off-campus program for master's degree candidates and adjunct faculty- good academic rigor.

Cons

Syllabi are sometimes a bit outdated and need to be reworked. Off campus programs make no distinction between full schedule classes and 8 week classes even though there is a lot less non-class time to complete work.

6. Librarian

Current Employee - Librarian in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Librarian in West Hartford, CT

I have been working at University of Saint Joseph

Pros

Working with the students is wonderful. Most of the students are extremely courteous and grateful for the assistance they receive. The campus is also very pretty.

Cons

There is a serious lack of communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Measures need to be made to foster better communication on campus. Staff feel at odds with each other.

RSS Feed </> Embed