University of South Carolina

University of South Carolina Reviews in Spartanburg, SC

4.0

University of South Carolina President Harris Pastides
Harris Pastides

Pros
  • Quiet place, easy to get work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Comfortable environment, good working environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The amount of work you perform is not equally compensated with the pay, but that the life of a graduate student (in 3 reviews)

• Low salary for certain positions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Student Employment is the way to go!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at University of South Carolina part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

On-campus networking. Often time for homework while getting paid. Convenient location if you're a student. Easier to get involved. Meet classmates and make new friends. Find out more about the operation of the institution you're paying for an education. Plenty more!

Cons

The pay is not the greatest considering that you are essentially cheap labor for most positions. It can also distract from your studies if you aren't careful.

Student-Friendly Work

Current Employee - Wellness Center Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Wellness Center Supervisor in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at University of South Carolina

Pros

As a supervisor of the new Wellness Center at the Upstate Campus as well as a student, there are some obvious benefits to working for the same university that I attend. When making my work schedule, the University is very willing to work around my class schedule and give me ample time to study as well. The director of the Wellness Center allows student staff to study for their classes when they have extra time during their shift. Finally, the responsibility and experience I've gained while working here will be invaluable in my future career.

Cons

First of all, the hourly wage is not especially high, and the number of hours you get to work is usually very low, around six to nine hours per week. The work can also get to be pretty boring when there is nothing happening, although the staff is allowed to use personal laptops and study for classes. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons.

Ask the staff for their opinion on the policy and procedures. Inform the staff about what is going on around the Wellness Center through email

University of South Carolina Photos

USC - Horseshoe
Spanish class at USC Lancaster
the gate of football field

+ Add Photo