University of Southern Indiana Reviews

4.0
CEO

1. Great for students

I have been working at University of Southern Indiana part-time

Pros

They'll work around your class schedule and understand if you have a big test or exam coming up. Most of the supervisors are great. If you're a student, I don't believe the pay is taxed.

Cons

The pay isn't amazing but it's something to do that's close by if you live close or on campus. There are no benefits for part time but that's expected.

Advice to Management

Employees could do with a little more pay or incentives. listening to your employees is really important, and I'm sure that most of us have kind words to say but if there are complaints it wouldn't hurt to address them.

2. Student Worker at USI

Current Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Mathematics Tutor in Evansville, IN

I have been working at University of Southern Indiana part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow staff and students are a pleasure to work with. Very easy-going.

Cons

The pay is low, considering private math tutoring can be easily over $15/hour.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay to tutors that have experience and proven to work well with both the professors and students. We have way too many lazy tutors sitting around while the good ones do all the work.

3. University of Southern Indiana Financial Aid Office student worker

Former Employee - Student Worker in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Evansville, IN

I worked at University of Southern Indiana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Students could easily work during the school semester while attending class. If there was down time in the financial aid office, homework could be completed regularly.

Cons

There were multiple times that many letters/forms had to be sent out. This was one of the least favorite activities that the office required.

Advice to Management

If certain students are visibly putting in more effort in the office, then that student should be compensated. Many of the student workers show that they are not concerned with working at all when they are on their shift.

My experience at the University of Southern Indiana as a student worker was very stressful.

I worked at University of Southern Indiana

Pros

Flexible schedule, worked around my classes.

Cons

Minimum-wage pay. Boss was difficult to work with. Almost impossible to get anything done because of politics.

6. Very professional and diverse workplace

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at University of Southern Indiana part-time

Pros

work-life balance, inclusiveness, campus culture

Cons

large amount of employees, weak training

Advice to Management

listen and learn from employees to form solutions and create growth

7. Work at the physical activity center.

I have been working at University of Southern Indiana

Pros

Easy job just lock things up and open up.

Cons

Can get boring at times.

8. Student Research Analyst

I worked at University of Southern Indiana part-time

Pros

I was given the opportunity to take on many responsibilities -- much more than the typical student assistant duties one would normally think of. This position was the launching pad for my professional career. I loved who I worked with and the experience & skills I was able to develop.

Cons

As a student employee, I was only paid minimum wage despite the quality of my work. Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

9. I loved my job at the University of Southern Indiana because I liked working with the students and helping them.

Former Employee - Cashier in Evansville, IN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Evansville, IN

I worked at University of Southern Indiana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot from working here. I loved the diversity of the students. I felt satisfied when helping students who needed help.

Cons

Although I loved my job, they don't pay too well. They don't promote from within too much.

Advice to Management

I was always looking for ways to make my job better but it wasn't wanted. You don't care if people do a good job; just as long as people show up for work and not make waves is the most important thing for you.

10. Great place to work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at University of Southern Indiana part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone from all departments are nice, friendly, and helpful. Great network of people to learn from and work with. Everything is explained clearly from the beginning and everyone takes time to answer questions.

Cons

The pay isn't great but I guess comparable to other jobs in the same line of work. I would have liked to see better starting wages and better rate increases. There really weren't a lot of drawbacks, mainly just the low pay. It's also a lengthy hiring process; from the time I applied until I was hired, it was probably close to 2 months.

11. My experience working for the University of Southern Indiana was enjoyable and fulfilling.

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Evansville, IN

I have been working at University of Southern Indiana part-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at the University of Southern Indiana is the opportunity to work with a diverse staff as well as getting to network with many people.

Cons

One of the downsides to working at the University of Southern Indiana is the inconsistency when it comes to how different housing staffs operate.

RSS Feed </> Embed