University of St. Thomas · Minnesota

www.stthomas.edu

University of St. Thomas · Minnesota Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
University of St. Thomas · Minnesota – Saint Paul – “Frey Science Building - University of St. Thomas”

University of St. Thomas · Minnesota President Father Dennis Dease

Father Dennis Dease

Overall not bad, but could be better

Student Worker (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsA good thing is that it is easy to find on-campus employment, especially in dining services.

Conssometimes the managers are a bit weird though. strict policies regarding taking home food and texting. Not friendly to religion.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider making a more professional environment.

Interesting yet flexible

Student Assistant (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsGood job as a student. There was opportunity to help on projects and some variety in your tasks. Also, if there wasn't any work, supervisors were fine with me doing my own homework, reading, etc. Being able to go on vacation was flexible since it wasn't PTO. Good experience for those wanting an accounting or auditing career

ConsDays in the summer can get long and boring since not much work going on.

Positive work experience as a student employee while attaining my degree

Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsWorking at the university exposed me to a medium sized business with a lot of cross-departmental opportunities. Some of the best benefits I have ever seen at an organization.

ConsThe working environment in most departments is a bit stagnant and heavy on hierarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire St. Thomas students! They are well trained - or, at least their tuition debt would lead you to believe they are.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a good way to gain experience.

Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsIt's the largest private university in Minnesota with national connections.

ConsWorking as adjunct faculty makes it difficult to pay the bills. The culture is very conservative.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe arts are an essential part of a liberal arts education.

Great student work

Office Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsThe work asked to be done was simple and straightforward. It was "busy" work that helped me to get those needed extra dollars while being a full-time student. My supervisors were good people and treated me fairly. The work was quiet and easily accomplished.

ConsSometimes there was not enough work to be done, so I did not know exactly what to do. Also, I would complete tasks rather quickly and was left twirling my thumbs at times.

Great place to work!

ProsWork, life balance is exceptional and the work is interesting and varied.

ConsNot much room for promotion and no raises really.

Nice work place for students

Computer Lab Consultant (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

Prosstudents are nice and the rates are fair
    they provide all kinds of events and services to make students' life more fun and easier, especially for international students

ConsNot think of any... I had really good time here. I learn, make friends while getting pay. What can I complain about? But if you want to earn more, you should really consider jobs or internship off the campus.

Advice to Senior ManagementStudent employees are mostly limited to checking in/out through local PC only within the campus. It would be better if makes it possible to check in/out through personal laptops which connected to campus wireless network. My case is sometimes I just forget to check out and when I notice that I am already on the way out of the building. If I can do it on my laptop connected to campus wireless, I don't have to go back and climb up several floors to look for campus PC to check out again. :)

An Awesome Experience!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA chance to further your education while making a living is a huge benefit. UST cares for and about their employees.

ConsIn my specific position, I found the work to be banal at times. The cyclical obligations can make the year feel monotonous.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management at UST is awesome. I always felt they were pushing us to be better and always kept an open door to listen and respond to questions or concerns.

Working at University of St Thomas as an Accounting Tutor

ProsEasy working environment
    Learn more factual knowledge

ConsLimited opportunity
    Lower paid
    Not very well balanced

I worked as a Statistics tutor for four years.

Tutor (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsCan do homework during job
    Work independently
    Help students
    Easy to get subs

ConsCan involve hours of sitting in a room with no students

Advice to Senior ManagementGet work shirts for the tutors to wear. It would help the students to be able to identify the tutors.

Worked for University of St. Thomas · Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!