University of Texas at Arlington

www.uta.edu

University of Texas at Arlington Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
University of Texas at Arlington – US – “UT Arlington”

University of Texas at Arlington President Vistasp M. Karbhari

Vistasp M. Karbhari

Pros
  • There's a very good work life balance across the board(in 6 reviews)

• Work environment, work ethics, friendly colleagues, academic environment(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, even with the benefits(in 6 reviews)

• Not many opportunities for Part time(in 4 reviews)

Web Software Engineer

Web Software Developer (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsWork life balance
    Promotions
    Personal Growth
    A free inside look at FindTheBest.com salaries posted anonymously by employees.

ConsPerk
    Time off policies Training
    - Tons of opportunities to learn from some very smart people
    - Endless opportunities to contribute to the success of the company
    - Hands off management style where you're encouraged to learn by testing and seeing what works vs. being told what to.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe marked this page because the content isn’t quite up to our quality standards. Stay tuned: we’re working to make it better.

Specifically, this page is based on a government report from over a year ago. It’s the latest available data, but keep in mind that some information may have changed since that time.

Fantastic opportunity to teach as an undergraduate.

Lab Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsI really enjoyed the opportunity and challenge of being in charge of a lab for a junior level course. It was a good challenge for me as a student.

ConsThere were some administrative tasks that were required that weren't mentioned until too late into the semester. Also, the pay for one TA was split between me and the other TA. We weren't informed this was going to be the case until just before the job started.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest searching out more undergraduate seniors to act as lab teaching assistants. It gives the seniors a deeper grasp of the concepts they were taught earlier, and gives the students in the class someone who they can connect with a bit more.

Great Experience in a Diverse Environment!

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsThe diversity is the biggest exposure! You can meet and work with people from over a 100 countries of the world. The compensation is good enough for my job. The culture of promoting overall development is the driving factor.

ConsThe administration can be slow at times. Also, the high intake of students can be overwhelming to find a jobs, because of the intense competition associated with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because the goal is to bring UTA to top tier universities level, the quality of education should not be tampered. That would happen if admissions are provided for lesser quality candidates. A proper planning should be made before such things take place, such as increasing the housing resources, increasing number of courses offered and no. of seats in each course, more research options and so on.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Stepping Stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery conducive environment to understand which market place to get yourself into

ConsSome red tapes and protocols which slows a lot of the process down

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on a result oriented management

lab assistant

Lab Assistant (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

Proseasy stuff and very easy to understand

Constoo boring. Just had to sit and nothing much

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I had the opportunity to meet great people, and further my experience during my time as a student.

Student Worker (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsThe people I had a chance to work with are very supportive and flexible. The university is supportive of its student employees. Many of the student employees I have worked with have found jobs immediately after graduation.

ConsThere are not many cons regarding working at UT Arlington, aside from the response time from the administration. However, being a large school, it is expected.

Good school for the money

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsTuition is cheap. There are some dedicated professors who challenge you to do your best.

ConsNot that many networking opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Contract great, UTA management lackluster.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe contract company I work for is friendly and supportive. The daily work I complete is challenging and interesting. The benefits are ample and continued education is supported.

ConsThe management is incredibly slack. Human resource services are slow and unresponsive. I received a copy of my offer letter one week after signing on and while my benefits had to be enrolled in within a one month period no one provided any paperwork on it. There has been a complete lack of assistance for all new hires based on what I have seen and experienced.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart advocating for your employees.

Very nice people/staff and professors, but lack of quality in student intake and maybe as a result, the coursework.

Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsVery friendly professors and staff.
    Willingness to help you out at any cost.
    Great department chairperson.
    Easy coursework.
    Easy 4.0

ConsQuality and rank is low.
    Simply being nice doesn't help the students in the real sense.
    UTA are finding themselves slip down the ranks and one must seriously weight options before they take UTA.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to hire more quality, young, tenure-track faculty.
    Increase the standards of intake.

Great place to work

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsGood Campus.
    Good office.
    Excellent relationships with superiors.

ConsNo benefits for part time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive benefits to part time employees.

Worked for University of Texas at Arlington? Contribute to the Community!