University of West Georgia

3.7

Beheruz N. Sethna

Great

I have been working at University of West Georgia

Pros

it was a Fun place to work

Cons

none i can think of

Gained many diversed skills and training in Business and Information Systems

I have been working at University of West Georgia full-time

Pros

Increase education, leadership skills, internship, worklife balance, experience

Cons

Fees, tuition, distance and equipment

students first approach

A very positive, attuned and familiar experience, UWG provided a comforting and rewarding environment.

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Carrollton, GA

I worked at University of West Georgia part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very equal-opportunity, kind and listens to its employees. The campus is easily traversed and gorgeous (especially with their new improvements). Very flexible scheduling. Depending on position there is tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Management struggles with seeing subordinates point of view (at times).

Perhaps spend a little more time seeing everyone (above and below) on a more equal playing field regarding status as a _person_.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

eh

Former Employee - Student Assistant  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Student Assistant in Carrollton, GA

I worked at University of West Georgia part-time for more than a year

Pros

pros are flexible schedules and thats about it.

Cons

bad pay, management doesn't have much interest in anything but keeping there comfy job
    the jobs are extremely boring.

quit

It has been an enjoyable experience

Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist - Intermediate Level  in  Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist - Intermediate Level in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at University of West Georgia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a 8-5 everyday of the week. It is a safe work environment. It is a stable work environment. I don't have to worry about if they are going to collapse cause they are a state school. Frequent off time.

Cons

Pay is under average. You are working for a state school so there are certain hoops you have to jump through

It is a great place to work at, I have no advice to give.

Current Employee - Spanish Tutor  in  Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Spanish Tutor in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at University of West Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family environment full of mentors to help and guide.

Cons

The wage is not much but it is a good starting point.

Great work environment, low pay for middle management and below

Current Employee - Staff In Division of Student Affairs  in  Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Staff In Division of Student Affairs in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at University of West Georgia full-time

Pros

Supportive co-workers, talented students, multitude of professional development opportunities, engaged senior administrators,continually evolving and improving, beautiful facilities. Health and dental insurance package is competitive.

Cons

With the exception of senior administrators, salaries are quite low. Raises beyond the Mercer Study are incredibly hard to come by. Monies can be arranged, but a person who receives a job offer must negotiate extra skillfully to obtain what they are worth...otherwise their salary is likely to remain exactly the same for the next 3 to 5 years despite positive evaluations.

I made more money with a bachelor's degree than I do here with Ph.D.

I have been working at University of West Georgia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros - expectations for publications are EXTREMELY low - I've been here less than one year and already met the publication requirements for my department. The students are great and teaching here is incredibly rewarding from the position of seeing the students challenged.

Cons

The University is incredibly insular - a LOT of the faculty have gotten their degrees here and haven't work at many universities outside of this one. It's a very strange culture. I've been here since August as an one year assistant professor and spent that time observing the culture of the university and it is a very strange place. I feel like they want things to change and progress, but have no idea what to do about it because everyone's been at this one university their entire professional careers. Communication operates on gossip rather than direct communication. We have an interim provost right now and all he does is send us terrible articles to read; I don't think he has made a single decision regarding the university since he was placed as interim provost. Working here is frustrating - it takes more time to figure out who to contact to solve problems than it does to actually solve the problem.

You desperately need to improve the website and you need more direct communication from administration to curb the amount of gossip that occurs here. I've taught at five other universities and this one is the worst with regards to having direct communication with employees. Your benefits and pay are much too low for what you expect; the financial rewards just aren't there. This job isn't worth it.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Pros

Benefits and PTO. Flexible scheduling if you have other commitments. Free education to employees. Great teamwork in some departments. Professional development is offered on many occasions.

Cons

Lack of communication between different departments. Lack of advancement at certain times. Lack of proper training in some areas. Senior Managment does not always take suggestions from lower level employees.

It was a great experience and I learned a lot during the process. I worked as a student research assistant.

Former Employee - Student Research Assistant  in  Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Student Research Assistant in Carrollton, GA

I worked at University of West Georgia part-time for less than a year

Pros

The professors are great to work with and go out of their way to help you understand what they needed you to do.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any. I was a student at the time and being a research assistant allowed me to work on my studies and research on my own time.

N/A

Worked for University of West Georgia? Contribute to the Community!