University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Reviews

CEO

1. Web Developer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsville, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsville, WI

I worked at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh (More than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment with a focus on education on semi-modern technologies. The leadership is pretty friendly. The desktops were powerful and perfect to develop on. Flexible hours.

Cons

The minimum working hours is 15 for the semester and expected to work full time during breaks. The pay is kind of low but probably great for people who live near campus. Barely any room to grow.

Advice to Management

The office culture becomes toxic because of the open office environment. This means any conversation could occur with maximal discourse and often did. Management should continue on its model of team building exercises.

2. Program Assistant

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment to have.

Cons

Budget cuts aren't very nice.

3. I was a student laboratory technician

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

Pros

Great experience and resume building. Awesome people and culture.

Cons

Sometimes organization and management is not the best.

Advice to Management

More strict regulations for student employees.

5. Worked in the campus Writing Center and had good experience

Current Employee - Writing Consultant in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Writing Consultant in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

Pros

The pay is pretty good, the other employees are nice and friendly, and the work schedule is very reasonable (~10 hour weeks part-time for a student)

Cons

The work ebbs and flows with how much students need you; sometimes we're insanely busy and have to turn people away, and other times you have to scrounge to find work. Not allowed to do homework during shifts, even if there's nothing else to do.

6. Great Working here

Current Employee - Operations Team in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Operations Team in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

Pros

Entry level work, slow paced

Cons

Can get repetitive and must do cleaning

7. Positive Proctoring Experience

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh

Pros

-Inviting environment -Friendly staff and mentors -Extremely flexible hours -Good pay for on campus convenience -Increases communication skills by having many one on one meetings with individuals

Cons

-Challenging at times to find the motivation to come to work for only a one hour shift. -When there are 6+ people in the room it can be difficult to hear your student's responses.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You ladies are fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better staff than the Reading Study Center staff =)

8. Great place to work but limited social life.

Current Employee - Associate Professor in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Professor in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

UW Oshkosh has been growing and improving significantly in the past few years. There are 4 new buildings on campus and a brand new business school. People are friendly, welcoming, and hard working. Almost no internal politics when compared to other universities.

Cons

The city is fairly small and there is no much social life going. There are a couple of bigger cities 1.5 hours drive away, though. The place is great if you have small children and need safe environment, but if one is more open minded and enjoys diversity, he/she won't find it here. Overall, salaries are below average, but the cost of living also is not high.

Advice to Management

Make the university more visible nationwide, and attract more prominent figures to speak on campus. The place is great to work, but needs more branding.

9. okay

Former Employee - USA II in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - USA II in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, direct manager was very responsive to ideas and change. Vacation is clear cut and many paid holidays. consistent work schedule.

Cons

no chance to move up, some coworkers have bad attitudes. If tou show yourself to be efficient and effective in your work you will be rewarded with other peoples work that they cannot finish appropriately. This is from master level employees.

10. Nice organization, but not much work to do. . .

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The University offered excellent technology training. The environment was pleasant and co-workers were eager to show me the ropes.

Cons

My boss gave me 5-10 minutes of work per day. The rest of the time I was just supposed to entertain myself. . .The days were very long. I learned I have too much work ethic to get paid $14+/hr to do almost nothing.

Advice to Management

It was sad to see student and tax payer money wasted on a position that probably wasn't necessary. Perhaps an audit of full time and student positions would be worthwhile. Some departments could be combined to share resources and eliminate waste.

11. Building Manager

Current Employee - Building Manager in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Building Manager in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent way to be introduced to a management position. Many responsibilities that encompass both the student union and dining hall. Upper management was an absolute amazing resource for growing as an individual and as a leader.

Cons

If other team members didn't get the task done, you were left with finishing it up. Comes with the responsibilities, and college atmosphere.

RSS Feed </> Embed