Univision

Be The First To
Add Photos

Univision President & CEO Randy Falco

Randy Falco

Pros
  • Great people on the frontline and ground floor with an unmatched work ethic(in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work schedule and Good pay(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing you do is ever enough, are pushed to work extremely long hours with no additional pay(in 7 reviews)

• There is not a good work life balance since the calendar is not adhered to and deadlines are ignored(in 4 reviews)

You're disposable

ProsThey pay competitive salaries for the most part.

ConsThey do not value people.

Great company many positive changes

ETS (Current Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsFaster pace and many great projects.
    ETS Leaders in NY, Miami and Teaneck are professional work as a team and instill a strong team spirit
    You will be empowered to perform and get things done
    Great learning opportunities with many projects on the go

ConsMultiple priorities and new faces makes juggling these a challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the pace and let managers have more and more responsibility to make change happen

Growing company with lots of potential!

Information Technology (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTheir is a huge potential for growth and innovation, but you must be willing to get your hands dirty. The process of getting to the next level is going to be tough but not impossible.

ConsThe company has grown so much in the last few years, everything here seems tactical. Always putting our fires. Focus needs to be placed on Strategy and long term goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness needs a Strategic Roadmap with clear objectives to set the tone for the next 5 to 7 years. The organization needs to align Initiatives with those objectives and communicate them out to the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employees are not valued

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Teaneck, NJ

ProsThere are a lot of wonderful people.

ConsIt seems as if they are always putting out fires rather than avoiding them. There is not a good work life balance since the calendar is not adhered to and deadlines are ignored. There is not a lot of time to review and forecast properly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorale is low. It would be beneficial to make employees fee valuable and that their work isn't a waste of time since it will not be used. The same information in different formats is still the same information.

Very little opportunities to get a PT or FT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsMost of the staff is very nice they offer free food to employees who have to work on holidays.

ConsVery little opportunities to get PT or FT. When they hire you as an independent contractor they never really tell you for how long you will be working and they constantly leave you in the air with out work for long periods of time. It's very unstable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should be more considerate with employees and be aware that people have others that depend on them.

Read between the lines

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to connect with various groups at company

ConsOverworked, no work/life balance, Benefits are much more expensive compared to other media companies - very high co-pays, Holiday shutdown taken out of your 10 day vacation allotment, no 401k contributions or match until after 1 year of service.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to connect better with employees

Many areas to improve regarding content quality. Shows repeat content with the rest of networks

Producer and Talent (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsWhen they recognized your abilities, that reflects in your salary

ConsNot open to new ideas

Advice to Senior Managementopen up to new ideas

Indentured servitude in the modern era.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsYou learn a lot about production and get to work with nice and knowledgeable people.

ConsYou're horribly underpaid
    Some of your superiors are unprofessional and lose their tempers at a moment's notice
    Your health and well being is second to the production
    Moving in to a full time position is next to impossible

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't take advantage of your employees. Many of them are immigrants who are exploited because they are just grateful to be working.

Great learning experience.

News Intern (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat culture and great people.

ConsNot a lot of employee perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your employees.

A gem in the rough

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe work environment is encouraging and challenging. People are upbeat and generally have good relationships with one another.

ConsDue to the nature of the media business, deadlines are strict and urgent tasks come up often

Worked for Univision? Contribute to the Community!