Univita

Add Photos

Jean Haynes

Telephonic Interviewer Work from Home

Telephonic Interviewer (Former Employee) Woodbury, MN

ProsThe job was interesting at first and I enjoyed speaking to people from around the country. They have a very efficient computer system that is easy to set up and work with.

ConsI had to work a minimum of 20 hours a week which was too much for me at the time. There was no flexibility in the schedule and I felt like I was on an electronic lease with the system they used to track productivity. I didn't like having to ask people personal questions about their metal health and getting information about prescription medications was tedious and difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible about hours and let people work less if they need to.

Exciting opportunities, unfortunately not capitalized on.

ProsGreat, motivated staff keeping the boat afloat. A relaxed telecommute culture.

ConsNo vision or strategy beyond the current fire. VPs micromanaging design and development.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a roadmap and strategy and trust the smart people you have already in place to design and carry it out.

Lower your expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits I guess. Caring coworkers.

ConsSupervisors were not on the same page. One in particular lacked basic interpersonal skills, and was very rude. They claimed that they liked to hear ideas from employees on how to do things differently/improve, but nothing ever changed. Terrible work/life balance - those with children felt like they were being bullied for having to occasionally leave early or call in because of sick kids. After two years I finally got to switch my hours to 8-5. Unpaid mandatory lunch hour.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lacking Ability to Grow

Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsPay was great for what I did.

ConsLack of technology utilized to the true needs of the clients

Advice to Senior Managementna

I felt strongly that the nurses were seen as a commodity and not highly valued by management.

RN Case Manager (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsThe camaraderie among the employees was a real plus. The other employees were very supportive and we worked as a team helping one another to catch up on caseloads when falling behind when we could. Salary okay not great.

ConsThe nurse caseload was overwhelming and many employees worked 10-16 hours a day to stay caught up. Management was totally indifferent to how to resolve this and did not care about life/work balance as long as the job got done. There were distinct separations between management and employees and it was their way or the highway. The training of RN Case Managers was very poor and very inconsistent. We were left to figure things out on our own a lot and not given the proper tools to succeed. No real room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the nurses and let them have a greater role in decision-making regarding short and long term goals for the department. They know what works and does not. Support life/work balance measures. Seek real solutions in providing
    more consistency in training, better time management of ever increasing workloads, and real incentives for work done well. Mingle more with staff, take time to really offer support to new hires so they can be successful in their nursing role. Be fair to all employees and stop showing favoritism.

Poor. Training is hap hazard and very fast. Then one day you are expected to know everything and perform flawlessly.

Clinical Specialist I (Former Employee) Woodbury, MN

ProsGood Benefits and they start on Day One.
    Nice work Environment

ConsPoor Training, Manager is hard to get to talk to. I emailed questions and a desire to meet with her and Never got a response. If you make a Make a mistake you are written up. Manager makes many threats to write people up. I really liked my job there and made many attempts to tell my manager but the repeated threat of Write ups and lack of Training and the difficulty getting to see my Manager just contributed to Morale Problems and It is to bad. I sat the first two complete days with a pile of manuals on my desk with no one guiding me as to what I needed to know. I was disappointed on the first few days. My Manager appeared so overwhelmed about her own job that she had no time for her staff. There is a quota system and they tell you not to worry about the quota but they are so behind the ball when it comes to getting work done on a timely basis. That every few days you here, " We have 5500 requests for service and then the pressure starts to get caught up. Univita needs structure and better Training and Communication,.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove on Training your staff. Training at Univita is Poor. Threats are to often and not taken seriously. Communication is poor. One day the Manager tells you that the quota is not a big deal and the next it is a big deal. Managers need to be consistent and attuned to their staff, A little warmth could go along way.

Univita is highly organized, and supportive.

RB Consultant (Current Employee) Salem, OR

ProsStatus to be a nurse consultant for large insurance companies offering long-term care insurance policies.

ConsIntolerant of human error, especially when RN self-reports.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more tolerant. Compensation per visit should be increased. When preparation and travel time is considered, rate per visit is inadequate for a professional, experienced nurse. Also, consideration need to be made when client and/or caregiver is slow and a poor historian.

Terrible Work Culture!

Licensed Practical Nurse Telephonic Interviewer (Former Employee) Woodbury, MN

ProsNo commute. That is all I can come up with.

ConsThis is a nursing job where you can work from home, but you certainly don't pick your own hours. Nor can you make any change to your set hours. EVER. They do not offer their employees flexibility as you would expect from a work from home job (ie - if you "punch in" 3 minutes late, expect to hear about it). They do expect you to be flexible though - you will be expected to work 60-90 minutes late some nights, or to log out 2 hours early without pay other nights (and yet still be expected to be by the computer). Extremely micromanaged by supervisors who have no health care experience and who are only available if they have something negative to tell you. I have never quit a job due to poor management before - I have always been able to make the best in any situation. This one, however, made me sick every shift and I couldn't continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to suggest that you reconsider who you are hiring to supervise your nurses. The couple supervisors that I dealt with had very poor social and leadership skills. They were not reachable by phone or by email. One supervisor in particular sent out daily emails about how busy she was, and we should not attempt to contact her. However, this supervisor was able to send out daily emails about all of our mistakes and how our last bathroom break was 90 seconds too long. The supervisors are not offering encouragement or appreciation for all interviews that were well done. Also, the supervisors each have their own opinion about how things should be done. I received so much conflicting information from all the different leaders and then would "get in trouble" from one supervisor for doing something the exact way I was told to do it by another supervisior. Univita lost a good nurse who was kind, accurate and efficient in her interviews because the supervisors drove her out. Just terrible.

LTC Claim Specialist

Claim Specialist (Former Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsSoftware programs for processing claims are good, office environment good.

ConsThere are no opportunities for advancement unless you are in the "click". Training reps to provide the most updated information to customers is not a priority for this company. The company is not employee friendly, the basic shift is on-call, varied shift made it impossible for employees to have healthy private lives.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could benefit by practicing what they speak, really keep employee information confidential. Management could also receive big dividends by ensuring each employee feels valued.

Univita

QA Supervisor (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood, hardworking co-workers and good location.

ConsCompany was run by a Boy's Club

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Univita? Contribute to the Community!