Uno Restaurants Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Louie Psallidas

Pros
  • Flexible schedule, nice paycheck, friendly enviroment (in 3 reviews)

• You might be able to get free food, if you didn't mind breaking the rules and risk management troubles (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Management, Upper Management, Compensation, Food Culture, Menu (in 4 reviews)

• Employee discount is extremely limited (in 3 reviews)

1. Server

Former Employee - Server in Wrentham, MA
    Former Employee - Server in Wrentham, MA

Pros

Awesome managers who always try their best to satisfy their employees!

Cons

Don't make much money during winter!

2. Great company.... They were a people company that believed in developing and creating a great team.

Former Employee - General Manager/Regional Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - General Manager/Regional Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Uno Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Commitment to being the best and they backed it up

Cons

Too many changes trying to find out who they were. They were the best deep dish pizza in the country ??

Advice to Management

Commit to the commitment . Stay on track and give great service!

3. Fun

Former Employee - Hostess in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Richmond, VA

I worked at Uno Restaurants part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working at UNOs, atmosphere was fun and they had good food.

Cons

Favoritism, management was sometimes very difficult to get along with.

Advice to Management

Management should take more time to hear out the concerns of their employees.

5. I loved my time there -- I'd definitely work for them again.

Current Employee - Line Cook in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Uno Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a great system for getting food out fast. As a cook, when you are working just one station, it's pretty easy unless it gets very busy -- but when that happens, there is ALWAYS someone there to help you. It's almost impossible to get too far in the weeds. Management is always helpful and not overly critical. They are very encouraging. As far as time off goes, it was never a problem to get what you wanted (with the exception of special events). They offer constant training and opportunity to learn more. It's a very business-like kitchen, but we still had fun while worked. I loved the place.

Cons

The only cons I really cared about were - 1. NO OVERTIME AT ALL, NO MATTER WHAT. 2. They have a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual labor % goal that they have to meet, so the managers are VERY cognizant of the hourly labor rate, and will send people home as early as possible when it's slow. So sometimes you might be scheduled for an 8 hour day but get sent home after 6 hours. I was scheduled for 40 hours every week, and averaged about 36. Not a big deal, really, but for me it meant losing out on $176 a month, pre-tax. That was at my store alone, obviously, so I can't speak to what other locations do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. A wonderful company to work for, that really cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good paid vacation time. Availability to transfer across the U.S. Great working environment. Fast pace industry Managers seem like they actually care about you, and you aren't just another employee to them.

Cons

Not very many vertical opportunities to move into after you reach the managerial level. Christmas is a restricted holiday to request off.

7. A flag in the wind

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Uno Restaurants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Under Ian's leadership the ship that is Uno Pizzeria & Grill seems to be righting its course. The new food we have been rolling out for the past year has been tremendous and I expect more good food to come out of this. The pay is good, the opportunity for upward mobility isn't too bad.

Cons

The quality of life is really not that great. The bonus structure makes it near impossible to actually make any money. The company says to put it's people first yet time and again more things are pushed down onto management that most other companies would handle in their corporate office. The assumption seems to be that if Uno compensates management with money that you should be willing to sacrifice any sense of personal life balance.

Advice to Management

Something has to give with the lack of work/life balance. Reconsider the current bonus structure.

8. Hostess

Current Employee - Hostess in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Hostess in New York, NY

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Easy tasks -Decent pay -Moderately hectic -Free food at times -Discounts

Cons

-some customers are annoying -it can be slow

9. Work hard and get paid.

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time

Pros

Food is good, customer always comes first to the management, good numbers of employees have good attitude toward their shifts to further give better experience for the guests.

Cons

My training, personally wasn't very good. I had gotten trained in like a 10 minute span, simply got a rundown from another coworker. The next day he wasn't there when I worked so I had to figure out most of the knowledge I have now on my own or through management noticing that what I was doing wasn't correct on my job.

Advice to Management

Some employees need more and better training. I would recommend the managers to get one-on-one with training for new comers to the company.

10. My fellow employees have made this job a positive experience.

Current Employee - Server in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Server in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part about working at Uno's was the fact that it was privately owned. Therefore, we weren't required to follow corporate standards which made the entire experience a lot more comfortable.

Cons

The only downside to working at Uno's is that there hasn't been a lot of opportunity for growth.

11. Unos

Former Employee - Server in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Uno Restaurants part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Felt very confident after my training, and once you proved you could handle large numbers, parties ect. They allowed you to work them.

Cons

Management showed favoritism at times as well as scheduled too less of servers for certain days. Even with all that said still please atmosphere

Advice to Management

Focus less on your favorites n more on how to develope the under dogs better. Also step back and develope a strategy.. how can you as a leader make the days more efficient.

RSS Feed </> Embed