Uno Restaurants Reviews

Updated March 26, 2015
90 reviews filtered by

1. Work hard and get paid.

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time

Pros

Food is good, customer always comes first to the management, good numbers of employees have good attitude toward their shifts to further give better experience for the guests.

Cons

My training, personally wasn't very good. I had gotten trained in like a 10 minute span, simply got a rundown from another coworker. The next day he wasn't there when I worked so I had to figure out most of the knowledge I have now on my own or through management noticing that what I was doing wasn't correct on my job.

Some employees need more and better training. I would recommend the managers to get one-on-one with training for new comers to the company.

2. Worth it

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Uno Restaurants full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company cares fresh food great pizza

Cons

A lot has changed need some of the old back

3. Numerous people stay with this company for over a decade, that says a lot about the culture.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Uno Restaurants full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, team environment, high standards mean everyone gets better at their jobs.

Cons

The hourly training program needs work.

Keep forging ahead! I think the training program needs work.

5. My fellow employees have made this job a positive experience.

Current Employee - Server in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Server in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part about working at Uno's was the fact that it was privately owned. Therefore, we weren't required to follow corporate standards which made the entire experience a lot more comfortable.

Cons

The only downside to working at Uno's is that there hasn't been a lot of opportunity for growth.

6. i love it here

I have been working at Uno Restaurants

Pros

the people here are so fun

Cons

none it is perfect here

7. Unos

Former Employee - Server in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Server in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Uno Restaurants part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Felt very confident after my training, and once you proved you could handle large numbers, parties ect. They allowed you to work them.

Cons

Management showed favoritism at times as well as scheduled too less of servers for certain days. Even with all that said still please atmosphere

Focus less on your favorites n more on how to develope the under dogs better. Also step back and develope a strategy.. how can you as a leader make the days more efficient.

8. Overall good

I worked at Uno Restaurants

Pros

Great environment, great people, great quality food, thrive for excellence

Cons

Too many seniority conflicts, managers play favorites, became overwhelming

Pay attention to what the other managers are doing to the new servers

9. Really good money, only if closing... if not, you make NO MONEY!!

Current Employee - Server in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Server in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When closing, you usually make between 100-150 on weeknights. Weekends, anywhere from 115-180
    When not closing, you make between 30-75 weeknights, and 50-100 weekends
    Management is great, they really do care about you.

Cons

TESTS TESTS TESTS!!!! THAT'S ALLLLLL WE DO IS TESTS!! If you want a JOB and not SCHOOL all over again, do not work here. We take tests about every 3-6mo, and some of them take HOURS to finish!!
    Late nights SUUUUUCKKKK!!!! (my location at least)
    The hosts have absolutely no idea what they're doing. They do not follow any system whatsoever. They will triple seat you, while not seating anyone else. They will seat a section when the server is not yet there, and will not ask anyone to pick it up (this happens about once a week, that I notice). They will seat your one and only 6-top table with only two people, even though you have three other 2-top tables!!
    100% tray service. Dumbest thing ever. No matter how busy you are, you have to run around the kitchen looking for a tray so you can bring your ONE glass of water or your ONE ramekin out!!!

STOP THESE DANG TESTS!!!!
    Train the hosts right
    Get the dressings the guests ask for EVERYDAY!! (thousand island, parm peppercorn, russian).

10. Uno's will become your home.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Uno Restaurants full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You'll learn great multitasking skills. At the location I was at, they usually promoted within before hiring out for shift supers or bartenders.

Cons

Sidework, sidework, sidework. You will do more sidework here than any other restaurant. On slow days, it's common for you to spend more time doing sidework than actually taking tables on the floor. People are also scheduled for doubles most of the time, and several days in a row. The general fact that it's a corporate chain restaurant can be annoying sometimes. The new training program is unbearable. There's also not much of an employee discount.

11. Server

Current Employee - Server in Maple Shade, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in Maple Shade, NJ

I have been working at Uno Restaurants part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can pick-up a lot of hours, therefore, providing you with the opportunity to make extra money. The management has high standards for their waiters, therefore, you do greatly improve as a server.

Cons

Older employees (age and duration of service) do not know their place, they tend to pretend to be mangers. Management does nothing to tame the hostile environment or anger. Base pay is insultingly low, therefore, managers never feel the need to cut (relieve of duty) the waiters since they are essentially utilizing free labor. Employee discount is extremely limited. Overall, too much busy work.