UpWind Solutions Reviews

Peter Wells

1. Good 3rd Party Company

Former Employee - Field Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Engineer

I worked at UpWind Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were good. The company atmosphere was relaxed. The pay and bonuses were decent. It was easy to get parts/tools/uniforms etc.

Cons

The pay didn't increase much while I was there, luckily I started off at a high dollar amount. Upper management seems a little disconnected because the sites operate independently, so there is little to no involvement from higher ups.

Advice to Management

Step up the involvement. Change your hiring process and hire better quality technicians. Wind companies are driven from the ground up.

2. Horrible Company!

I have been working at UpWind Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. The CEO is pretty great and the overall feel of the company is good.

Cons

They don't care about you at all! The hours are long and don't care if you have a family... Overall its a bad place to work. If you are single, want to work loooong hours for OK pay then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Realize that I will give 110% as long as I am feeling like I am getting that back from my employer. Its discouraging when my child is sick and I get crap about not being able to come to work because I have to take care of a sick child. They said in my interview that this was a family oriented establishment and has a good life/work balance, which was an incorrect statement.

3. Learned a lot about an industry I am new to

I have been working at UpWind Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with some fine technicians/field engineers.

Cons

Tools needed to perform work were lacking.

Advice to Management

Be careful and understand resource constraints with long term software projects

5. Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Medford, OR

I have been working at UpWind Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Great benefits: comparable to other companies; the benefits are excellent 2) Growing company with opportunities for career movement 3) Opportunities to make a difference 4) Safety and quality advocate 5) For the area that I work at, salary is comparable

Cons

1) Some communication breakdown since there are so many offices; therefore, limited opportunities to do face to face communications.

Great company at first, currently confused

I have been working at UpWind Solutions full-time

Pros

Rarely out of work. Better support than most 3rd parties Decent benefits Adequate pay for some

Cons

Horrible mismanagement No communication from main office Promises not kept about compensation/raises Subpar pay for others (this job is dangerous/not worth a few extra dollars over factory work)

Advice to Management

Weekly conference calls instead of periodic emails. Keep your promises You can keep both the investors and the workforce happy by just being fair. Extravagant company conferences and middling raises in the same week does not help morale in the trenches.

RSS Feed </> Embed