Uponor

Add Photos

Jyri Luomakoski

Invaluable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosexcellent staff, products and vision. The Uponor brand is leading the way in sustainable use of construction materials. TABS buildings have to be the future for office design and flexibility.

Conslimited market opportunities in recession

Advice to Senior ManagementLonger term view in the UK in necessary

Underwhelming to say the least.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMarketing team in Canada very strong.

ConsCanadian talent are not leveraged. Leadership team leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk and look beyond just straight sales.

Uponor a huge disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Apple Valley, MN

ProsImmediate manager is truly amazing. A real mentor.

ConsSenior Management in the U.S. and the senior manager in Canada are completely inept. They do not practice what they preach and focus on short-term wins vs. long-term growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Senior Management Committee and the senior person in Canada need to look beyond the current week and concentrate on really advancing the organization, rather than just keeping their jobs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Uponor Russia management is quite weak

Head of Marketing Department (Former Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsIn comparison with Russian companies of the same size not bad social package and salary is allways paid on time. In some departments work is fine

ConsIn Moscow location is bad- far from metro and near railroads, low level sales staff, salaries are below the market, soviet corporate culture, poor communication between sales dept and others, often useless and even distructive back and forward changes in corporate structure. No high-profile managers who can be a teacher for young professionals and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRussia is Edem for European companies because of many economy reasons, and Russian office is deserved stronger management team. Low level management team can't manage high-profile staff.

Change is the one constant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Proactive environment that is family oreiented that values education and tries to maintain work/life balance.
    -Management stays up to date on current market trends and recognized the value of technology. They leverage the resources within boundaries of the organization and understand when help is needed.

Cons-Career advancement is very limited within the organization.
    -Compensation is not up to par with market.
    -Management sometimes gets blindsided by the short-term decisions made within the organization.

Very instable, high personel turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Athens (Greece)

ProsGreat products, reasonable efforts to save and improve.

ConsHigh personel turnover; an unsure feeling on the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employees. Improve the climate.

Warn your friends: Uponor harasses former employees

Corporate R&D and Systems Manager Controls (Former Employee) Upplands-Väsby (Sweden)

ProsAs long as I was working at Uponor I was very pleased and everyone seemed to appreciate my work. I left to start my own business in Finance, it could hardly be considered a threat to Uponor which is in the sewage plastic pipe business. I even made one of the Uponor directors business partner in my company, and it wasn't until after I removed him from my board that Uponor started screw me, so that's good.

ConsSince I gave notice Uponor has removed my name from several international patents, ignored to pay any innovation rewards, and even refused to provide me with a certification of employment documenting my position and work. Thus, Uponor has violated both international patent laws and Swedish employment laws, but they don't seem very concerned. E.g. the Swedish CEO recently commented the missing certification of employment by writing that I should consider it sufficient to have good recommendations on LinkedIn... You and your friends are welcome to connect to me to show your support! anders.widgren@home.se

Advice to Senior ManagementAs one wise man once commented "When a company starts to screw its own people it is too late for good advice.

Worked for Uponor? Contribute to the Community!