Uponor Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014
2.7

Jyri Luomakoski

Great experience at Uponor, good company for balancing life and work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Uponor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very relaxed office culture, with much flexibility when it comes to schedules. Many internal programs are offered to allow Employees to live healthy lives. Opportunity to work remotely, with flexible schedules depending on the department you work in. Great health benefits.

Cons

Flexible schedules are not consistant throughout the company, it depends on your manager and department. Salary is on the lower end of competitive.

Increase greater training and developement for supervisors and managers. Reward employees wanted to "better" themselves by training/mentoring into upper level positions.

Underwhelming to say the least.

I worked at Uponor full-time

Pros

Marketing team in Canada very strong.

Cons

Canadian talent are not leveraged. Leadership team leaves a lot to be desired.

Walk the talk and look beyond just straight sales.

Uponor a huge disappointment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Uponor

Pros

Immediate manager is truly amazing. A real mentor.

Cons

Senior Management in the U.S. and the senior manager in Canada are completely inept. They do not practice what they preach and focus on short-term wins vs. long-term growth.

The Senior Management Committee and the senior person in Canada need to look beyond the current week and concentrate on really advancing the organization, rather than just keeping their jobs.

Uponor Russia management is quite weak

Former Employee - Head of Marketing Department in Moscow (Russia)
    Former Employee - Head of Marketing Department in Moscow (Russia)

I worked at Uponor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In comparison with Russian companies of the same size not bad social package and salary is allways paid on time. In some departments work is fine

Cons

In Moscow location is bad- far from metro and near railroads, low level sales staff, salaries are below the market, soviet corporate culture, poor communication between sales dept and others, often useless and even distructive back and forward changes in corporate structure. No high-profile managers who can be a teacher for young professionals and managers.

Russia is Edem for European companies because of many economy reasons, and Russian office is deserved stronger management team. Low level management team can't manage high-profile staff.

Invaluable experience

I worked at Uponor (more than 3 years)

Pros

excellent staff, products and vision. The Uponor brand is leading the way in sustainable use of construction materials. TABS buildings have to be the future for office design and flexibility.

Cons

limited market opportunities in recession

Longer term view in the UK in necessary

Change is the one constant

I worked at Uponor full-time

Pros

-Proactive environment that is family oreiented that values education and tries to maintain work/life balance.
    -Management stays up to date on current market trends and recognized the value of technology. They leverage the resources within boundaries of the organization and understand when help is needed.

Cons

-Career advancement is very limited within the organization.
    -Compensation is not up to par with market.
    -Management sometimes gets blindsided by the short-term decisions made within the organization.

Very instable, high personel turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

I worked at Uponor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products, reasonable efforts to save and improve.

Cons

High personel turnover; an unsure feeling on the future.

Focus on employees. Improve the climate.

Warn your friends: Uponor harasses former employees

Former Employee - Corporate R&D and Systems Manager Controls in Upplands-Väsby (Sweden)

I worked at Uponor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As long as I was working at Uponor I was very pleased and everyone seemed to appreciate my work. I left to start my own business in Finance, it could hardly be considered a threat to Uponor which is in the sewage plastic pipe business. I even made one of the Uponor directors business partner in my company, and it wasn't until after I removed him from my board that Uponor started screw me, so that's good.

Cons

Since I gave notice Uponor has removed my name from several international patents, ignored to pay any innovation rewards, and even refused to provide me with a certification of employment documenting my position and work. Thus, Uponor has violated both international patent laws and Swedish employment laws, but they don't seem very concerned. E.g. the Swedish CEO recently commented the missing certification of employment by writing that I should consider it sufficient to have good recommendations on LinkedIn... You and your friends are welcome to connect to me to show your support! anders.widgren@home.se

As one wise man once commented "When a company starts to screw its own people it is too late for good advice.