www.upp.com

Updated February 16, 2015
Updated February 16, 2015
3.9

Scott Upp

The company has invested in its people and products to continually provide value to its clients!

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great People! Upp spends a lot of time finding employees that match their core values. Consequently, the organization is filled with smart, entrepreneurial spirited people.
    - Upp has made huge investments in their software products over the last five years and now have solutions that are industry leading. Cloud solutions that are running at the enterprise level. All new integration layer of the IT stack allows solutions to connect securely, quickly and cost effectively. iOS mobile platform is intuitively easy to use and contemporary.
    - Upp has proven documented processes for developing software and implementing systems.

- Entrepreneurial work environment. Upp recently implemented the EOS system so all staff can contribute ideas and voice an opinion. Weekly meetings where anything and everything is encouraged to be discussed. Very effective communication tool to generate new ideas and complete tasks.
    - Work environment promotes trust and fairness. Hard charging but fun!
    - Upp is good about having optional corporate outings for all employees. Last Summer they had a VIP suite at the Chicago White Sox and in the Fall did a roof top at Wrigley! Really fun!
    - You control your own destiny. Smart hard driving employee's that bring value to the company and clients are recognized and highly compensated.
    - You will be around very smart people and in some of the best conversations of your career.
    - Good career advancement opportunities.

- Upp recognized the fact that some employee's did not want to commute from down town, so they opened a satellite office in the loop. Pretty nice.
    - A+ Corporate Headquarters with all the amenities (on site cafe, gym, post office, bank machine, 24x7 security)
    - Great benefits
    - Good work/life balance. Good about vacation time off.

Cons

- Self starters will thrive. If you need a lot of direction with a big corporation mind set, probably not a good fit.

Thank you for investing in our people and products.

Great company to work for.

I have been working at Upp Technology

Pros

Upp Technology gave me an opportunity to quickly move up through the ranks, simultaneously being well compensated. I was surrounded by smart people, an entrepreneurial environment, and the desire to succeed. I have had personal growth through the training and experience I have received, and have been supported by both upper management an ownership.

Cons

You have to be self-motivated. You are not always given clear-cut directions, so a sense of creativity and self efficacy is required.

The company is an exciting, innovative, entrepreneurial environment perfectly suited for self motivated high achievers.

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time

Pros

Ownership and management are interested in giving highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be successful by providing employees the tools necessary to grow and prosper.

Cons

This is not a highly structured organization with definitive job descriptions. What you put into the opportunity is what you will receive in return.

Be diligent in hiring individuals who exhibit qualities that support the culture of the company. Those who do not possess the attributes necessary will not thrive.

---BEWARE--- Didn't want to share, but notice it is all 1 or 5 star ratings. The 5 star ratings are all FAKE!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Upp Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a very nice office and there are good people in the company, but... WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANY FRIEND TO WORK HERE OR ANY COMPANY TO USE THEIR SERVICES/SOLUTIONS

Cons

- 70+ year old CEO of a tech company who cannot even type
    - Micromanaged by Presidents, because CEO rides them and they have no idea how to actually manage
    - Sexual harassment
    - Negativity is every conversation
    - Kitchen talk is always focused on "how are we still in business"
    - Lawsuits with probably 50% of customers
    - CEO is getting desperate. He sets goals based on what the business needs, but are wildly unacheivable.

To CEO - cut your losses. You are providing a disservice to your employees and your customers.

Other Managers - Find a new job. The grass is dead, wherever you go the grass will be greener.

Former Employee - Controller in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Controller in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Upp Technology

Pros

The organization is filled with great people who make work enjoyable! Individually owned and operated. The company is always making strides to improve themselves and what they can do for their clients.

Cons

Located in a very busy place in Downers Grove making the drive a challenge at times. Need to add a little extra travel time to get to the office depending up on the traffic flow coming off of Highland Avenue to 31st.

Provide working from home one or two days a week.

Fast moving, fun company to work for

I have been working at Upp Technology

Pros

This company is growing and growing quickly. It is an excellent place to come work if you are self-motivated and enjoy working independently. It is really a company where the more you put into it, the more you get out.

Cons

As a start up, there was not a formal training. This makes the learning curve difficult especially for new hires.

One of the worst companies I have worked for

Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Healthcare Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Upp Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The two offices were nice. I wish I had more pros to list. There were a few people that were nice meeting.

Cons

Upp Technology is spiralling downward at a rapid rate. Their business strategy is outdated. I agree with one of the other reviews, for a technology company they don't utilize technology. Their number one sales technique is still cold calling for heaven's sake! Time to work smart and not hard! As for the management, they do not respect their employees or their clients. Their presidents also sexually prey on the recent addition of young, female employees. Many of these young women refused to speak up due to the lack of confidentiality and acceptance of any sort of complaint against the CEOs executives. It's unfortunate that the owners can't see that their "presidents" are one of the main reasons the company is losing business and great employees.

The company is top heavy with no middle management. A chain of command would be of great help to the CEO since his presidents cannot be trusted. The Upps are good people but they are being deceived by the people they have placed at the top of their company.

Rather than inspire, respect and be a part of their teams, these leaders have their employees feeling fearful instead of empowered. They will continue to lie to the owners in efforts to hide their own shortcomings by blaming their employees and other divisions. Teamwork and trust are two things that you won't find there.

It's a hostile working environment all around. These presidents are destroying this company's reputation. I wish I had known how disorganized and hostile it was before working there. I should've known based on the high turnover rates and unhappy employees. And those batch of fake positive reviews below are clearly in response to the honest and real reviews they received.

Rethink your current presidents, build a middle management and put more responsibility into the hands of your staff. Try asking your clients about them. They will praise your staff and not your leadership. Good luck to the decent few I left behind. There are a couple of people still there whose talents are under utilized. I myself couldn't be apart of a company like that or be subjected to that abuse any longer.

Great Consulting Opportunites

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager/Business Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to work on important projects in a variety of industries. The projects were challenging and gave me a chance to develop my professional skills within large companies. I had the honor to work with executive leaders and key business units to produce high growth results and profitability for significant organizations.

Cons

Sometimes I had a break between projects, but not too long. There was always consistent feedback on the status of my candidacy.

A multi-faceted corporation with a good mix of proficiency and delight

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Lead in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Being empowered with responsibilities at the same time with full assistance and support is one trait of this company that one would only long for all companies to have. Diversity is also well respected and welcome. This is a mentoring company (they would teach you till you reach your full potential and maturity to the extent that you can pay it forward to your other colleagues.) Continuous training with people around you who only thrive for your success is a definite plus. I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm excited to be with the company and looking forward to staying with them for quite some time.

Cons

I have the pleasure of working with the Talent Acquisition team. Pressure is evitable but that is true to companies everywhere. With that said they would still provide you tools not just for your survival but rather your triumph.

A multi-faceted corporation with a good mix of proficiency and delight

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Lead in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Continuous training with people around you who only thrive for your success is a definite plus. Being empowered with responsibilities at the same time with full assistance and support is one trait of this company that one would only long for all companies to have. Diversity is also well respected and welcome. This is a mentoring company (they would teach you till you reach your full potential and maturity to the extent that you can pay it forward to your other colleagues.)
    I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm excited to be with company and looking forward to staying with them for quite some time.

Upp Technology Photos