Upp Technology Reviews

Updated June 4, 2014
Updated June 4, 2014

3.7

Scott Upp

A multi-faceted corporation with a good mix of proficiency and delight

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Lead  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Lead in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continuous training with people around you who only thrive for your success is a definite plus. Being empowered with responsibilities at the same time with full assistance and support is one trait of this company that one would only long for all companies to have. Diversity is also well respected and welcome. This is a mentoring company (they would teach you till you reach your full potential and maturity to the extent that you can pay it forward to your other colleagues.)
    I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm excited to be with company and looking forward to staying with them for quite some time.

Cons

Pressure is evitable but that is true to companies everywhere. With that said they would still provide you tools not just for your survival but rather your triumph.

Great Consulting Opportunites

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Business Consultant  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Business Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to work on important projects in a variety of industries. The projects were challenging and gave me a chance to develop my professional skills within large companies. I had the honor to work with executive leaders and key business units to produce high growth results and profitability for significant organizations.

Cons

Sometimes I had a break between projects, but not too long. There was always consistent feedback on the status of my candidacy.

The best place to achieve a progressive career

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

UPP is a great company to work in as it offers a wide range of opportunities for talented individuals and has a strong and structured organization that claims its integrity and name. As an employee, this company has effectively nourished my skills and abilities as a recruiter.

Cons

I am currently working as a Technical Recruiter with Upp Technology under the National IT Talent Management department, and I have yet to see any big issues.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Upp Technology

Pros

I have been employed at Upp for a while, and every day I get the opportunity to work with excellent coworkers, candidates and clients. Our dedication and aptitude to connect the best candidates with esteemed clients is second to none. I have had unending opportunities to grow professionally with Upp, and look forward to a great future.

Cons

No major cons to review.

they have a yearly blood-letting in recruiting

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Upp Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice kitchen area with 2 televisions running all day with news, sports
    deli and work out facility in the concourse
    ample underground parking
    cell phone and laptop during duration of employment

Cons

The "work-life" balance in non-existent. they expect you IN YOUR DESK at 8am, or you will get reprimanded by management, and if you think you are leaving at 5pm, FORGET ABOUT IT ! The "Recruiting Manager" matriculate from her 7th floor corner/window office, to a cubicle near the exit of recruiting at about 4pm, and monitor when employees leave. So you feel compelled to sit at your desk until 6-ish, whether you need to or not, which is ironic because they give you a 4g cell phone and laptop, so on one hand, they try to appear to be a forward thinking company, but then slip into the prehistoric era when it comes to treating employees like adults. This all while ignoring the fact that you may have come in on Saturday for 5 hours, or worked from home until 9-10pm on occasion. There is an insanely mind-numbing weekly meeting that lends zero to productivity.

Quit firing recruiters and sales people on a yearly basis.....it has become known in the recruiting industry as Upp's "yearly blood-letting". I was there approximately 18 months, actually quite long for an Upp recruiter. I was the 5th recruiter there when hired. In my year and a half, I saw no less than 10 recruiters come and go, and at least 6-7 salespeople......Advice to management.....lose the "dead wood", i.e., high priced overhead that do noting, reduce your burden that hamstrings sales, and treat your recruiters like ADULTS, not like kindergarten students the current manager likes to do.

Company is out of control

I have been working at Upp Technology

Pros

Good people with one thing in common... Their dissatisfaction of the leadership and out look for their career.

Cons

No one can get along with the owner who is nearing 70 and has eliminated freedom of thought. Not a good situation for a technology company.

Get a business plan.

Worked for Upp Technology? Contribute to the Community!