Upsher-Smith

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kenneth Evenstad

Great place to work!

ProsGood pay and benefits. Many incentives.

ConsMay not be a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Dismal at best.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThey always need employees in Denver so jobs can be found. Good location in Denver.

ConsPoor management which is not dedicated to employees or performance. Management seems apathetic to employee complaints and morale. High employee turnover. Poor benefits. Low pay but high demands on employees. Over the last few years the plant has severely declined and no longer a comfortable working atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be changed. Management has become comfortable in their long-term jobs and no longer proactive and seemingly unconcerned with workers and their performance and concerns.

Dedicated team that works hard and passionate about the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated people. Strategy is good.

ConsThe culture is mostly top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower more people to make decisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family business with many dedicated employees

ProsThe culture is work-hard, play-hard

ConsThe kinds of isssues would expect with a private/ family owned business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team

great

Scientist (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIt is a relatively small company

ConsThe company is located far from home

Great employee treatment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maple Grove, MN

ProsDecent benefits, lots of employee acknowledgement events. Rapidly growing and therefore plenty of potential for opportunities. Overall, very good culture.

ConsOccasionally people are "let go" randomly. Most of the time these things make sense, for instance when someone is consistently tardy etc. however often times there is no explanation and the employee may have been providing what seems to be quality work for years. This "hidden agenda" from supervisors can be nerve racking and confusing at times. Its understandable that for privacy and other reasons these things wouldn't be announced, however it creates an interesting work environment when its left unexplained.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel upper Management is doing a phenomenal job at managing the company. The cons section is most likely common in other companies and could very well be the best for the business, it is honestly the only negative I could come up with. The commitment and the passion of the Upper Management team truly trickles down to the supervisors and employees.

Deadend Job

ProsYou work for a paycheck...a small paycheck. Some good workers at the low levels. Nothing else.

ConsLow pay, absolutely no management whatsoever in Denver, no training, no ethical guides, low morale, no direction, few perks, high benefit costs when you earn little, company ONLY interested in profit, company does not build any loyalty from employees, good workers overworked and overlooked while lazy workers rewarded with promotions, company has no focus, and much more.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to wake management up. Need a complete reorganization of the Denver plant.

A me-too pharma company nothing in pipeline is unique

Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) Maple Grove, MN

ProsGood people to work with

ConsNothing unique in the product line, they copy other companies products or market other companies products, very little Research and Development at all

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to increase your market share on the CNS product, you should call me, you all know how good I am at getting continuous improvement in the sales process

What does the future hold?

ProsNice People, Nice office environment, Consistent

ConsNo original ideas from Mid-Level Managment, Mid-Level Management has not proven that they can attain their goals. Poor benefits, Too much micro-managment, No innovative products.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick with generics

It used to be a family oriented company, it became too political.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree pop in the lunchroom. Generous amount of days off around Christmas time. Friendly co-workers.

ConsToo many to mention. Little to no pathway for advancement. Loosely defined and unsupported expectations to name a few.

Worked for Upsher-Smith? Contribute to the Community!