Upsight Reviews

Andy Yang

1. Exciting mobile start up with tons of potential on the horizon

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Upsight for 2.5 years and it's been one of the most fulfulling jobs I've ever had. Working at a start up, you just expect that the next 6 months to be unpredictable and typically this would be a negative, but in this case it's a positive. Andy Yang, CEO, and Josh Williams, CTO/Chairman, have no intention on building a stagnant business and are consistently keeping their fingers on the pulse of the industry, customer needs and our product to keep us moving forward. With this comes change, but in a positive way.

Benefits are great and work/life balance is flexible. The company definitely places an emphasis on being accountable to the team and the company, but you are given plenty of opportunities to decide what they means for you.

The executive team is transparent and values an aggressive but humbled workplace.

Cons

Big ambitions, scaling resources.

2. Great people, great office, lots of perks and company events but a lot of company changes in the last year

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Upsight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

High growth industry, great people, great office, perks, free lunches and breakfasts, table tennis, company events,

Cons

Too many changes in the last year, connection between all parts of the business (product -> customer success -> sales) could be better.

Consider internal promotion MUCH more than you have in the past. It's a very powerful influence on motivation and performance (not only for people who are getting promoted, but everyone else observing it).

3. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Honestly the best company culture I've ever been a part of. The executive thoroughly believe in a solid work-life balance and go the extra mile to provide a superb work environment.

There is never a dull moment. My team is working hard to solve some of the biggest problems in the mobile analytics & marketing world... and its exciting. This product has major potential.

The Recruiting and People team are on another level. My experience has been excellent from the day the recruiter contacted me. I am honored to be part of this organization and wake up everyday excited to come to work.

Cons

I guess there could be more transparency and communication around company direction. Other than that, it is hard to think of any negatives.

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. Best Company I've Been At

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been at companies where the positive reviews were clearly written by marketing and the negative reviews were warning signs, but this place is the best place I've ever worked.
    Everyone is fun and easy going, ZERO weird politics. Mobile analytics is still growing exponentially so the industry is the right one to be in.

Cons

Been several months and I have not found a con yet.

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture here seems to be a lot due to the management's methods.

6. Upsight was amazing because the Human Resources team I worked with was so welcoming and a lot of fun to be around.

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Upsight as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

They have great perks and benefits set up for their employees, there is also a great fitness reimbursement program that. Upsight has a wonderful culture and environment that is inviting and allows for creativity. While this company is creative and fun it also creates a space where serious work can get done efficiently as well. Upsight has created the perfect balance of entertainment and serious a work environment.

Cons

Upsight was recently in a merger and so the office is in a bit of a transition which is a bit difficult, but I could even see the transition getting easier in the amount of time I was there.

Exciting environment, fun people, interesting projects

Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Upsight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working on an established product with very high API request rates and an interesting feature-set makes for very exciting and rewarding work. Office environment is great with plenty of time dedicated to fun team-building activities.

Cons

Although there is an ongoing effort to standardize development and testing processes/tools, it isn't quite there yet, adding overhead to some tasks which should otherwise be simpler.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Upsight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- People are just awesome
    - You solve great challenges at big scale

Cons

- The company is moving fast, adapt faster

Increase communication about product vision and strategy

9. A marketing intern formerly at Kontagent

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Upsight as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Good people, startup culture, on the leading edge of analytics in Facebook apps (at the time) and now mobile apps.

Cons

Uncertainty about general product/company direction.

Great culture and people

I worked at Upsight full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Fun and smart co-workers
    -Nice office
    -Pay is not bad
    -Flexible hours

Cons

-Feels like the company is in firefighting mode (fixing bugs, fixing tech debt, etc) instead of developing new stuff
    -Budgets cuts on various benefits

-Upsight needs to release new products, nothing new has been released for the past while.
    -Too much time is spent on firefighting, and not development.
    -More transparency (management is trying, but it's not enough)

11. Lots of good people with lots of good intentions, and mostly good execusion

I have been working at Upsight full-time

Pros

Upsight has come a long way in improving employees' experience the last year. Advancements, raises, increased opportunities are plenty. The benefits are great, and the work is interesting. Upper management tries to be transparent, to somewhat varied results. Despite some effort to standardize culture across the different offices, each one has its own atmosphere and culture, and that's a good thing, as it allows the people there to define their surrounding.

Cons

There are still some problems in the processes. Recruiting is understaffed; engineering keeps switching focus and restructuring in attempts to improve; sales seems to have a high turnover; customer support teams (both business and technical) seem to be in the best shape.