Upstream

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marco Veremis

Caring and Ethical

ProsBeyond business and management practices; Upstream is a company that cares for employees as well as the community and proves it in a number of ways. When employees are faced with difficult personal situations, managers are there to help, support, motivate and encourage. Always in a discrete manner. It’s a company with ethical managers who act as role models and encourage similar behaviours for their teams.

ConsWork hours – there are times that the nature of our business requires sacrificing your personal time off. Annoying? Sometimes. To compensate for that managers give additional time off.

A Great Place to Work

ProsUpstream is a place that rewards talent, encourages creativity and values diversity. People are intelligent, committed and most importantly-fun! Senior managers are always around to provide guidance and boost morale.

ConsGiven the nature of our business, some overtime is inevitable.

Copywriter

Copywriter (Former Employee)
    Athens (Greece)

ProsMulticultural and ethnic ambient. Laid back work environment which helps to develop a creative approach on all the projects we are working on.

ConsHaven't personally experience any negative aspect while working here, except I didn't see an effort by the board of directors regarding career opportunities to those who are able to step up the ladder in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop career programs in order to enhance the chance of being promoted by meritocracy - of course.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding hard work

Athens (Greece)

ProsPeople - One of the best assets of the company - intelligent people, committed to succeed
    Growth - Growth has been phenomenal, providing plenty of opportunities
    Benefits - Several benefits to all employees
    Premises - Athens Office is a great workplace with restaurant and gym
    Salary - On the higher end

ConsWork/Life Balance - Due to the nature of the business, the business needs are quite often difficult to predict, resulting in people sometimes working outside normal business hours with short notice

Life at Upstream

Campaign Director (Current Employee)
    Athens (Greece)

ProsIt has been a pleasure working at Upstream for the past 4 years. Upstream is a fast-growing company, highly adaptable, giving plenty of opportunities to its employees. Operating in different countries all over the world, Upstream offers to its employees the challenge to deal with different cultures and produce results to sometimes "unknown" markets. Given its management team's vision and its employees' hard work, Upstream has managed to become among the leaders in the mobile marketing world offering its clients safety and steadiness.

ConsWork/life balance and working hours are among the cons of working at Upstream. Given the extremely fast-paced environment to which it operates, it is often difficult to find the balance between work and life as well as plan ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should continue being close to the rest of the employees, listening to its concerns and motivating them.

3 years and counting....

ProsIntelligent, committed, hardworking, efficient, enjoyable people. We know what it takes to win and we know how to celebrate it. Unique benefits (massage, yoga, dance, parties, beer Friday and baby sitting to name a few). International outlook with unlimited opportunities. Smart, efficient management team, who knows how to run the business and select the best. HR is considerate & drives new initiatives.

ConsWorkload frequently interferes with employee’s personal life. Initiatives are there to address it, management is aware, still work to be done. More training on cutting edge technologies will be appreciated by all.

Sensible, successful company with great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Some of the smartest co-workers you can find in Greece; This needs to be stressed: Some of the best, kindest, smartest friends in my life are people I met at Upstream; the company always had a remarkable ability to attract, filter and nurture some of the best individuals in the market
    - Above average salaries, benefits and workplace quality
    - A good place to learn and be exposed to international-scale business
    - Multicultural and open minded environment, failry meritocratic
    - Respected and well known, the company's global network and reputation are a valuable asset to anyone that worked there
    - Approachable management with integrity and the right intentions

Cons- Sometimes growth comes with instability that confuses or overworks people, although the company is addressing it and it's become less of a problem than it was a few years ago, parts of the company are still operating in a slightly chaotic way here and there
    - The company's focus on a very specific product category may turn off smart people who will seek new challenges after a few years doing the same things again and again; although I hear that management recognises this problem and is taking steps to address it

Advice to Senior Management- Diversify product portfolio to give new challenges to talented people

It is hard work but worth working for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people, Considerate HR, Good facilities and great work environment. The employees are educated and you can always learn from them.

ConsNot much place to progress, The managers are not professionals and sometimes their behaviours are not pleasant, The salaries are not fair.

Lots of opportunities, lots of work

Athens (Greece)

Pros- Great people - most everyone who works here is above average
    - Challenge - if you like to be challenged, this is the right place
    - Flexibility - as long as the work gets done
    - Rapid growth - things are constantly evolving, lots of opportunities

Cons- Rapid growth - this comes with a bit of chaos, shifting priorities etc.
    - Workload - the job needs to get done...

Avoid - if you are ethical and honest

London, England (UK)

ProsThe salary is good at mid-level but then they have to hide behind it because unbeknownst to you - you are entering hell.

ConsThere are so many - I don't know where to start - the management team are bullies, clueless and unfortunately think they are always right. They practice I'm almost certain unethically as a business. The leaders think you ought to be able to read minds and as someone else as noted - unless you are a 'yes' lackey you will not last. HR is a joke because they report to bullies.

Advice to Senior ManagementI live in hope that you will recognise at some point your actions and treat your employees with respect and also realise at some point the auditors will catch up with you.

Worked for Upstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Upstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Upstream CEO Marco Veremis. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Upstream employees.