Urban Behavior Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
CEO

1. Urban Behavior was good when they had a vision and were operating as a business

Former Employee - Store Manager in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Canton, OH

I worked at Urban Behavior

Pros

It was a small Company that was easy to deal with corporate on an every day level.

Cons

Unfortunately the Company shut most stores down in the U.S. It was not portrayed to employees until just before, so a lot of trust was lost in the end by several. Before the Business issues, it was not a bad place to work and a shame it didnt take a chance.

Advice to Management

Not much to say since business is no longer there

2. Good Part-time job for high school student

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, CT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Farmington, CT

I worked at Urban Behavior

Pros

The store carries fashionable clothing Good employee discount Supportive Management that provides guidance Good first job (a little above minimum wage)

Cons

No real growth potential within the company (unless your willing to spend years climbing) Don't get to choose your own hours (part-time) Other sales associates can be very unprofessional

Advice to Management

Corporate Management should part take in the interview process in order to maintain consistent brand image. There are managers that can act quite unproffesional

3. minimum wage management

Former Employee - Department Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at Urban Behavior full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced working environment, opportunity for career growth.

Cons

After working for this company for 2 years i got promoted to a manager with only a 1 dollar raise. was expected to work overtime without extra pay.

5. Pretty good, managers were not

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Urban Behavior part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was super fun working with everybody since most people hired were in the same age group so everyone had a lot in common, the store atmosphere was great. There were promotion competitions but the prizes were for gift cards at tim hortons so pretty low incentive. Work-life balance was alright, a lot of pressure to work more and compromise on agreed upon things. Training was very comfortable, easy to learn!

Cons

There were a lot of issues with management, our store was really big. No real perks, break policies were reasonable. Management was oftentimes unprofessional and it reflected in their interactions with eachother.

Advice to Management

Make sure you know how to schedule and mediate in a conflict. Also try not to fight with each other in public.

6. Pretty great first job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Urban Behavior part-time

Pros

People were amazing to work with. Gained a lot of experience. Got a lot of hours. Discounts.

Cons

Hard work. District manager scary as hell. It was extremely tiring but I enjoyed my time there

7. Very good

Former Employee - Mens Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Mens Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Urban Behavior full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, and was a great canadian company

Cons

Long hours for management and senior staff

Advice to Management

Cut back on micro managing

8. Work you to the bone.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I worked at Urban Behavior

Pros

Discount on clothing Mall Hours Some Medical

Cons

No security tags. No security cameras. Would work alone for hours while being in charge of merchandising, fitting rooms, cash, greeting and sales. Head Office staff would often send out tasking jobs and then notify us to ignore it after we've already changed the store around. You can't move up unless you be buddy buddy and fake to upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. When there is a problem and they go to you for assistance, somehow it gets turned around and the staff member is made to look like they're not being part of the team. They are in fact trying to keep the team together and trying to keep the store above water.

9. Great Place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Urban Behavior

Pros

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Customer service is top priority. The customer base is young but respectful. The discount offered was incredible 40% off of retail. The visual merchandising was well thought out and made for a lot of traffic through the store.

Cons

The room for immediate advancement was limited. the store is based out of Canada so they are still in the infant stage in the US. Therefore advancement would cause for a major move across country or crossing over the border.

Advice to Management

The management style was very effective. The one thing that could be approved upon would be an increase in store managements salary's. The manager I worked under , was extremely hard working averaging 60- 70 hrs a week for peanuts. I believe that their pay should reflect the amount of hours they work more efficently.

RSS Feed </> Embed