Urban Lending Solutions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Sanders

Pros
  • Met some great people who were also trying to support their families(in 6 reviews)

• I also like that the dress code is relaxed(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication from upper management down to workers poor(in 9 reviews)

• Team Leads are out for themselves or out the door(in 7 reviews)

58 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Unhappy Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGreat location in Broomfield, Colorado with amazing scenery, lots of parking, and newer buildings.

ConsIt's tough to stay upbeat when you're surrounded by people unhappy with their jobs. Most of the unhappiness seems to be related to the company culture as well as the below average pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to change the company culture and create more cohesion among the different departments. Company-wide meetings and events would be a great start.

Hunger Games of Employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

Prosgood money, lots of hours, great people

ConsAlways living in fear of being let go. thrown to the wolves....

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people in upper mgt are good but of course there are a lot of people who have been there for a long while that are terrible I cant wait for Karma to get those people that have let so many good people go.

Mortgage Underwriter III

Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsVery relaxed place to work.

ConsSupervisor/Managers were always too busy to assist with any question or concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees reflect on management. Management needs to be more helpful and assist employees to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management change needed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsCo-workers, benefits package to support my family

ConsExecutive leadership is disconnected from what is going on on the floor. The accounts are promised a level of work from the existing work force and the workers have to increase production, learn new systems and sometimes at a decrease of pay. No room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to graciously manage people. Telling your team that they are lucky to have their jobs and that there are a lot of people that will take it is no way to encourage and motivate the retained workforce.

Just a number

Cet (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsHere are some good people that work for the company and have a wealth of knowledge

ConsNot a place for people with their masters degree as they tend not to promote people of intelligence. They don't care about you and have no problem giving pay cuts year after year. Been there 3 years and have taken a pay cut every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the educated people as an asset and not a threat to your job. They can help and some have great ideas hat could help move the company forward

The most miserable, misrepresented working experience I've ever had.

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe only pro is the initial training program.

ConsFirst of all, Smith Global Staffing is the worst temp agency ever and should be shut down. They misrepresented the position entirely. The management at Urban was unresponsive, unprofessional and unwelcoming. The job itself was horrendous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like human beings, not rodents. Introduce new staff members in meetings except saying nothing and making them feel completely out of place. Share breakfast that you bring in for your team with new employees!

Knowledgeable employees not valued, only looks are valued

Operations Department (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe time goes by fast as there is a lot of work to do.

ConsNo raises or bonuses, hard to move up as friends are promoted from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf an upper management employee causes us to lose a contract, don't reward that person with another contract to ruin. Promote from within instead of hiring family and friends. Production senior leadership is good but it does not trickle down to the staff, learning organization has great programs but horrific management, human resources needs help and some new staff. They should not fire people based on one person's opinion or without at least talking to the accused person before they kick them to the curb.

I've never worked for a management team so incompetent and detached from what it takes to run a successful business.

Mortgage Services (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe unlimited overtime was great, while it lasted. Pay was decent, I suppose.

ConsI could write a novel in this section. The company over-committed to its client and was subsequently flooded with more work than they could handle. As such, they hired anyone with a pulse and ran everyone through an abbreviated training program. Coupled with a lackluster focus on discipline and enforcement, the client's files were routinely in the hands of staff that weren't capable of working them. The customer service to the clients was poor, with long delays, and innumerable excuses for the excessive amount of time it took to process the files. Staff would take 2 hour lunches on the clock and either the managers were unaware or unconcerned. When the client began to wise up to Urban's inability to handle the contract, the client drastically scaled back on the files being sent. Reactive in nature, the company tightened up on overtime, started enforcing rules, started disciplining the staff for previously acceptable behavior, and started disciplining the staff for production issues regardless of effort. The training department was regularly attacked when the staff was incapable of required duties; in reality many of the staff problems were attributable to hiring employees with insufficient experience to function properly in this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. As executives, your reckless approach at leading is a joke to all of your subordinates.

High stress and long hours but good pay.

Rrt (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGreat pay for entry level position. Many opportunities for education and building skills. Frequent opportunities for advancement.

ConsLong mandatory over time and hours. Politics effect work relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, with Urban Lending it is hit and miss. If you end up on a good team your job is great. If you happen to end up with a negative UPM or team lead it makes work life increasingly uncomfortable. Im not sure how to resolve this issue unfortunately. Perhaps anonymous reviews of leadership. Over all the executives and Mr. Sanders are great and seem to care a great deal for the employees. Unfortunately this does not always translate to the immediate supervisory team.

Team lead default mortgages

Team Lead (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsMet some great people who were also trying to support their families.

ConsCompany didn't care about employee needs. Being in a position where you have no power but are constantly forced to give bad news to your employees regarding days off or breaks or overtime was emotionally and physically draining.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency and treating your people like people (ie: understanding they have needs and demonstrating a willingness to listen/work with them within reason). There was no respect from upper management.

Worked for Urban Lending Solutions? Contribute to the Community!