Urban Lending Solutions

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
1.7

Charles Sanders

Pros
  • Met some great people who were also trying to support their families (in 6 reviews)

• I also like that the dress code is relaxed (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Little or no communication from upper management (in 7 reviews)

• All upper management does is spreadsheet after spreadsheet (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

The client is god so whatever they ask for they get, employees lives are not considered even a bit

Former Employee - Several in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Several in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, Opportunity, decent pay for what you are asked to do

Cons

Micro management, constant monitoring(depending on role expect to explain why you took a bathroom break) no real review process

try taking an active interest in developing your employees, you will be shocked how they respond

Works as a real team-player. I bring the best out of the people, I always do what I think is best for the company.

Current Employee - In-Line Auditor in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - In-Line Auditor in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Never get everything done on my todo list. I suggest we solved your time management
    problem together.

Cons

A change in work role – level of responsibility, requires me to handle responsibilities that are in some way unfamiliar.

Do you involve employees in decision making? Encourage employees to come up with ideas? Act upon feedback received, or explain why you haven't if you don't? Work as a team?

Excellent training and collaboration with co-workers, but the high turnover is disconcerting.

Former Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As I was only a contractor working at this company, I can only say that most of the Urban Full Time Employees expressed satisfaction with their benefits. They are a resilient group, but it is fair to say they have had their career expectations reset repeatedly as they are called upon for different job roles.

Cons

The turnover of the team leads is disenchanting. A lead or supervisor will tell you to do your job very succinctly in one way and then the next day they are gone and a new lead or supervisor will tell you that you are now doing your job wrong. I get that every one needs to work together to get the bugs out of the procedures. However, saying that a person who doesn't work there any more told you to follow outdated instructions still sounds like you didn't do a good job to begin with. And you get stuck with that scorecard.

IT Urban Lending Solutions

Current Employee - Contractor (Senior .NET Developer) in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Contractor (Senior .NET Developer) in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have need of IT People to do development work and analysis

Cons

The management has a very poor understanding of how to manage their clients

none

The worst company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company other that the co-workers are nice. Worst environment to be in.

Cons

No room for growth, stressful job every day coming to work, inconsiderate management at its best. Worst training ever.

Better pay, better benefits, more time off.

Asks their employees to lie

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

Salary is decent in comparison with similar jobs.

Cons

Lying on behalf of Bank of America is something that no one should be asked to do. It is fraud. Urban Lending is NOT Bank of America's Office of the CEO and President. Forcing homeowners into foreclosure will make anyone lose sleep at night.

Grow a conscience.

Worst Company to work for

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are NO pros to working here.

Cons

They are strict about time. They have the slowest system around. They are working with a DOS program from the 1980's. I have never worked for a Manager that lies to your face. I should have never started with this company. Once it switched over from Bank of America it became all about them and YOU mean nothing. All upper management does is spreadsheet after spreadsheet. If you are looking to work in TROY, DON'T!!!!

Take this advice. Make sure you have an open door policy. Because right now I feel you don't. I can't go to upper management about my Team Leader because they will believe them over you.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! SLAVE MASTERS IS ANOTHER WORD FOR ULS.

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

There are no pros at Urban due to their lack of opportunity.

Cons

Management, No support, Failure to follow protocols on standard Labor Laws in multiple states, Turn over rate, and no direction given, including cut rate 'training'. There is no motivation for performance and declines at an outstanding rate, employees can be belittled in front of everyone with minimal consequences.

Integrity and ethics need to be addressed at this company as they show that they do not have any. This is demonstrated through the multiple lawsuits for breaking FMLA laws, wrongful termination laws, and other laws company wide.

Urban Lending Solutions Response

Oct 7, 2014SVP, Human Resources

In response to your posting, the type of experience which you have summarized below is not reflective of the intentions of our organizational standards or goals. We are committed to continually ... More

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Underwriter
    Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good health benefits, 401k matching after 1 year of service

Cons

Executives and the majority of management lack the foresight to hire knowledgeable people or provide training for existing ones. People are placed into leadership and management positions that have absolutely no clue how to inspire people to do better because they aren't leaders. It seems that the majority of them are just "yes-men" who will do what they are told but lack any ingenuity when it comes to actually providing leadership and training so that good service can be given to the clients. Pretty much NO training-it's a sink or swim type of environment. They will hire people who have hardly any experience so they can pay them less, yet expect high quality results, and then fire them when they can't do their job yet they never even tried to set them up for success. It's one of the most upside down companies I've worked for.

Clean house! Get rid of people with egos so big that they can't take advice on what will actually make this company a GREAT place to work. Stop hiring ill-equipped people just to save a dollar-in the long run the clients you serve are not happy with the quality you give them. If you choose to keep hiring ill-equipped people, at least adequately train them so that they are set up for success. Stop misplacing blame and just hold people accountable for their positions (i.e. stop shucking responsibilities on other departments because the original ones couldn't do their jobs, train the original ones to just do their jobs right). Provide financial incentive to do better. This company has one of the lowest pay rates, expects excellent results, yet provides almost no training. This makes absolutely NO sense! Listen to your employees. SOOOOOOO many people express how they are not trained, how there is no motivation to do better because the wrong people get promoted and because there are no financial incentives to want to do better. STOP acting like no one has a life outside of work by respecting personal time. That means keep to a reasonable schedule, not mandating OT (how are there not multiple lawsuits against the company for this?!), not changing a person's schedule at the drop of a dime (people have child care and pets and carpools and lives. Do you not understand how difficult it is to adapt to a new schedule every few weeks?), stop making people work on holidays (do people and the clients REALLY need a file worked on the 4th of July or Veteran's Day or Memorial Day while the rest of the US celebrates with BBQ's and such?). Stop being bullies.

Urban Lending Solutions Response

Oct 6, 2014VP Corporate Development

Thanks for your comments. We agree that we need more training, specifically for our managers. And you're right that our production environment often requires that we change schedules quite rapidly ... More

Poor and undertrained upper management who does NOT care nor value their employees

Current Employee - DSCR Advocate in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - DSCR Advocate in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are OK.

Cons

what is the point of working your tail off when no one appreciates your work? Seniority means NOTHING here. Management does NOT value their employees. Constantly reminding everyone that they can be "replaced" and should be grateful for their jobs. There is always a constant change in pay, position and work hours. They expect their employees to drop their personal lives on a dime and accommodate their needs with little to NO advance notice. HR SUCKS. they seems to NEVER respond to ANY employee inquires. there is no career growth here. everyone is out for them selves, if you're lucky you might get a good team lead who will train you properly, but after you're all on your own.

Value your GREAT employees and get better upper management ie HR!