Urban Lending Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
Charles Sanders

Pros
  • Met some great people who were also trying to support their families (in 6 reviews)

• relaxed dress code and can listen to music via headphones during work hours (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Ever changing schedules and hours without little or no notice (in 8 reviews)

• Communication from upper management down to workers poor (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The best career decision I ever made

Pros

My overall experience working for Urban has been amazing. I was dedicated to become successful with this company and my efforts did not go unnoticed. I have been promoted twice in the last year and given multiple opportunities learn and grow professionally. By letting my managers know what I wanted to do and where I wanted to be, they did everything they could to get me there. I am now in a position where I am thriving and I couldn't be happier. I work with amazing people and my pay/benefits/PTO are great. The environment is relaxed, but motivating. We have potlucks regularly. We get to wear our jerseys on Fridays during football/baseball season. Everyone is a team player which encourages you to be your best. I would absolutely recommend working here!

Cons

On the last Thursday of the month, they do refrigerator cleanings. It is nice, but EVERYTHING that is not taken out by 6 pm gets tossed. that includes tupperware and full bottles of coffee creamer. We all know its coming, but it still hurts!

Advice to Management

Bring back the Christmas party!

2. Overall a good company to work for

Current Employee - CFPB UW in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - CFPB UW in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have been working with urban for more than 3 years. The initial training is good. Very nice co-workers & Team Leads.

Cons

High rate of layoff. Sometimes it is difficult to understand how people are laid off because you can see some people who had high performance & quality laid off.

Advice to Management

need to have better communication with employees.

CFPB Underwriter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

met many good people, monthly incentive was nice and had to be earned, which I appreciated. hours were relaxed as long as you were there for an 8 hour shift each day

Cons

no room for advancement within the department, you were essentially stuck there until you moved to a different department or left the company

Advice to Management

treat your employees better. they are what made the department successful and deserved much more credit and respect than you gave them

5. Mortgage Specialist - Processor

Former Employee - Document Specialist - Mortgage Loan Processing in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Document Specialist - Mortgage Loan Processing in Aurora, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment was upbeat and fun. Everyone seemed to get along and enjoyed working together.

Cons

The lack of work at times. Some days there would be an endless amount of loans and then other days, there weren't any. During those moments employees would take 3 hour lunches, go shopping at the mall, play football, talk all night on the cell phone or with others. Not any real supervision at times. Management did not seem to have a direction or plan. Everything was ad hoc. Unstable work environment.

Advice to Management

Develop a sound action plan moving forward; respect the talents of employees; encourage, coach and actually TRAIN associates appropriately.

Underwriter I

Former Employee - Underwriter I in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Underwriter I in Westminster, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They had a decent training program.

Cons

The management/employee relationship has deteriorated over the 3.5 years I was there. I was a temp ("contract" by their definition) employee for 2.5 years, and and actual employee for 11 months. I was part of a group of folks who were also originally temps, and we were laid off without severance because we had not been employees for a full year. I applied for another position with ULS, a telephone interview was set up, and the recruiter did not call.

Advice to Management

Your talented employees are the company's backbone, and your greatest asset.

Research Analyst II

Current Employee - Research Analyst II in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Research Analyst II in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to gain experience for a future job that pays better. Lax dress code. As long as you do your job correctly it's easy going.

Cons

Little to no room for advancement. Frequent lay offs. The company seems unstable and doesn't appear to be doing very well.

Advice to Management

If you want to reduce the amount of turnover give regular raises and incentives. Especially to your long term workers who don't make mistakes.

8. ULS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Felt like part of a team

Cons

Loan Modifications sucked you never felt like part of a team and were expected to have a 95% everymonth.

9. VP

Former Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting and ever-changing. Very quick to adopt new methods and achieve greater work opportunities.

Cons

Forever ever-changing and a little hard to keep up on the most current policy, procedure or distribution list.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people DOING the work.

CFPB Underwriter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Company will hire you without previous mortgage experience (for some projects) and train you. I had previous experience and was able to maintain quality and quantity requirements.

Cons

The training provided is not adequate for those without previous mortgage experience. I saw many individuals hired just sink.... many team leads would not take the time to help them swim. They did not pay well for people with experience. They hired, hired, hired then laid off, laid off, laid off.... Either you worked 60+ hours a week or you couldn't go over 40, very inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Hire staff with adequate mortgage experience and pay them what they are worth OR provide more detailed training to transition from other careers.

WORST COMPANY I HAVE WORKED FOR

Current Employee - Hss II in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Hss II in Troy, MI

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program provided based on the company you will be doing business for and great training on what is to be expected to be taught by the lender who urban Lending does business for. Great group of employee's to work with and a few honest, caring, and fair manager's who seem to truly care about their employee's, team, and ensuing they are happy, however, this is VERY FEW AND FAR BETWEEN!

Cons

Constantly takes on new projects and initiatives for lending they are doing business with without any notice to employee's and expect employee's to know everything, do everything correctly right from the start of the "New Rule" that is randomly thrown into your job, and you are left to sink or swim after you are done with training and are placed into an area where you are "suppose" to get additional new hire assistance from a different trainer )Not your team or manager), but a trainer who is assisting 20+ other people along with you. If you have a question on their 1980's dos based system and how to proceed on your new loan, which they start assigning to you right when you are released to the floor and your team after training, and you WILL GET more than 1 loan assigned to you a day, you have to wait for help or find someone new to ask that you know in order to not sit and wait. NO ONE, NOT EVEN YOUR MANAGER helps you out! It's sink or swim and adapt to the changes or else your butt will be ridden!

Advice to Management

Quit treating your new hire employees as disposable employee's and actually show you care by putting in the effort to help your new employees! Don't just pass them off from the time they start with the company until they are actually placed onto your team! The managers ARE HORRIBLE AND INCONSISTENT AT MANAGING ANF ASSISTING THEIR EMPLOYEES! THEIR LACK OF CARE, CONSTANT INCONSISTENTCY ON EACH TEAM OF HOW YOU DO YOUR JOB AS THE COMPANY DOESN'T REQUIRE MANAGEMENT TO MANAGE THE SAME WAY AND ALLOW YOU TO BE REASSIGNED TO NEW TEAMS ON A CONSTANT BASis, WHICH ONLY CREATES MORE CONFUSION, STRESS AND LACK OF INCONSISTENCY! You guys need to get your heads out of the clouds and see what your doing to your company, employees, moral, reputation and how you are destroying your reputation with all of us in the mortgage business! We all talk and word is going around about how this place is and has become a hostile work environment not only in the Troy MI location but also in your CA and CO locations. Keep up the good work Urban, I'm sure you will eventually lose your contracts, employees, and get a class action law suit for the way the employees are forced to work in such a hosts work environment that not even HR does anything about! TTHINK TWICE BEFORE TAKING OR ACCEPTING A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY!

RSS Feed </> Embed