Urban Lending Solutions

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Sanders

Pros
  • Met some great people who were also trying to support their families(in 6 reviews)

• I also like that the dress code is relaxed(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication from upper management down to workers poor(in 9 reviews)

• Team Leads are out for themselves or out the door(in 7 reviews)

Unhappy Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsGreat location in Broomfield, Colorado with amazing scenery, lots of parking, and newer buildings.

ConsIt's tough to stay upbeat when you're surrounded by people unhappy with their jobs. Most of the unhappiness seems to be related to the company culture as well as the below average pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to change the company culture and create more cohesion among the different departments. Company-wide meetings and events would be a great start.

Hunger Games of Employment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

Prosgood money, lots of hours, great people

ConsAlways living in fear of being let go. thrown to the wolves....

Advice to Senior ManagementSome people in upper mgt are good but of course there are a lot of people who have been there for a long while that are terrible I cant wait for Karma to get those people that have let so many good people go.

Mortgage Underwriter III

Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsVery relaxed place to work.

ConsSupervisor/Managers were always too busy to assist with any question or concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees reflect on management. Management needs to be more helpful and assist employees to succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sold by Bank of America

Collector/Loss Mitiagtion (Current Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits upon hire. Able to stay in same team with current manager. Same job. Same hours. Nice building, love the area.

ConsThey took over loan servicing from BAC. Once they took over we were advised of having to work every 5th Sat/Sun as business needs demanded. 5am to 12pm. 6.5 hours with a floating day during that week. You also have to make up that 1.5 hours you lose in pay. Worked it during the week added to normal schedule. In the state of California if you work over 8 hours a DAY you have to receive overtime. They broke the law and some how tagged it on to the Saturday I worked. Very little notice. Advised if we worked Memorial day we would receive double time. After working Memorial day it was ooops our mistake. No double time. You get a floater day. They then hired 60 new hires for our collection dept and put some of them in underwriting. never offered the position to any people on the floor. Little or no communication from upper management. Stress is very high. Bonus date keeps changing. With no regard to our own financial needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees. Especially the ones with years of experience. Do not hire 'trainees' at a higher rate of pay and except no one will find out. Advance your experienced employees before new hires. Remember we are human beings not robots.

Management change needed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsCo-workers, benefits package to support my family

ConsExecutive leadership is disconnected from what is going on on the floor. The accounts are promised a level of work from the existing work force and the workers have to increase production, learn new systems and sometimes at a decrease of pay. No room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to graciously manage people. Telling your team that they are lucky to have their jobs and that there are a lot of people that will take it is no way to encourage and motivate the retained workforce.

Executive Customer Relations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay is pretty good!

ConsUnderstandably that process change every day but management was not good at training and then you would get dinged for not doing it correctly when you were never trained.

Just a number

Cet (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsHere are some good people that work for the company and have a wealth of knowledge

ConsNot a place for people with their masters degree as they tend not to promote people of intelligence. They don't care about you and have no problem giving pay cuts year after year. Been there 3 years and have taken a pay cut every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the educated people as an asset and not a threat to your job. They can help and some have great ideas hat could help move the company forward

No Communication so many mistakes and no proper training

Concierge (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe Benefits you receive a date of hire

ConsThe environment is stressful and management is not helpful and never around when you need them and nobody seems to know anything here and the HR lady they hired is rude and also has no knowledge of anything pertaining to her position

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease wake up and take a look at what is going in with the individuals you leave in charge who do absolutely nothing all day long but yet they get a managers salary and they have little to no knowledge on anything they are doing and all they do is hide in their office all day long and Ping their friends or MOC all day long!!!!

The most miserable, misrepresented working experience I've ever had.

Customer Advocate (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsThe only pro is the initial training program.

ConsFirst of all, Smith Global Staffing is the worst temp agency ever and should be shut down. They misrepresented the position entirely. The management at Urban was unresponsive, unprofessional and unwelcoming. The job itself was horrendous.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people like human beings, not rodents. Introduce new staff members in meetings except saying nothing and making them feel completely out of place. Share breakfast that you bring in for your team with new employees!

Run, don't walk from Urban Lending Solutions

Underwriter (Former Employee) Westminster, CO

ProsNothing, there is nothing positive about this company.

ConsBroken promises, wage cuts, abrupt changes in job description, when you move to different location, you move yourself (what a joke). Team leads and unit managers are idiots (what else do you expect for light weight high school graduates, with little or no college education). Corporate environment more like high school cliques. Urban Lending Solutions nothing more than a slave to Bank of America. BOA say jump, Urban jumps, BOA say sit, Urban sits. That's what Urban is, that's what Urban will ever be. Chuck Sanders, owner of company comes to job site, walks around like he's Hitler, no hello's, no how are you. Bio says he was a former NFL player. He was in NFL for 1-2 years, never played in games. His corporate leadership is like his NFL experience. Some say his wife is the brain trust behind the company. Whatever it is, Urban Lending Solutions is absolutely the worst company I've worked for and glad I no longer work in this pathetic corporate hell hole.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice, they know who/what they are and they don't care because they are the only ones running all the way to the bank. Just another example of corporate greed.

Worked for Urban Lending Solutions? Contribute to the Community!