Urban Lending Solutions Reviews

138 reviews filtered by

This company is burning

Current Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed dress code, free coffee

Cons

The executive and senior leadership is negligent. The pay is far below national and even local standards. App dev and support is a black hole for projects. There is no formal structure to anything. Initiatives are often discriminatory. We've got very, very expensive automated infrastructure collecting dust while we employ hundreds of people to do the same job at a time when the company is unprofitable. We bleed money into the pockets of consultancy firms that don't achieve goals. Centralization and standardization efforts fail because everyone's got a fiefdom to protect. Many lines of business are inherently unprofitable. This company is burning and bleeding and no one seems serious about putting out the flames or stemming the flow. Even when someone does get serious about it, they put out a match flame, ignore the inferno behind them and continue to make bad decisions while patting themselves on the back.

There are so many things wrong at this company that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

2. NEVER WORK THERE

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

There are no pros to working there

Cons

They are the worst company to work for. They work on a DOS system that is not the best and they are over hiring right now and the only thing that I can see is a MASSIVE layoff. Also, this company doesn't care about your family or health. So hopefully you don't have either because they will make your life miserable.

Nothing. Management SUCKS.....

You never know

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and people

Cons

You never know if the contract you are working on will end and you job with it. You're a number to upper management and completely dispensable.

Treat everything like they matter to your company

Growing pains

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities and a start-up atmosphere

Cons

Start-up atmosphere. Lack of rigid hiring standards has allowed Urban to accumulate a relatively untalented workforce.

Invest in HR. They're horribly understaffed.

Worst experience of my professional career!

Current Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck, decent benefits package, meeting and working with some exceptional people

Cons

First, I'd like to address a previous reviewers comments alleging that those who post less than favorable reviews are "disgruntled" by default ... Such sweeping, derogatory labeling of others who express their honest reviews / experience is both juvenile, and unprofessional however, based on my personal and professional experiences at ULS, such behavior is not surprising to me -

That being said, Where do I begin?
    - Little to no training relevant to the actual job duties
    - No respect and / or regard for people .. Essentially, you're a "number" at Urban - Not a human being
    - Insane work hours which included "mandatory" overtime - Expected (not asked) to put in 50/ 60 hours per week
    - Lower / middle management rules by fear and intimidation versus positive reinforcement and encouragement -
    - Distinctive "class separation" between lower / middle management and staff - Employees are considered as "less than" and basically treated as "things" rather than human beings / educated professionals -
    - Unobtainable goals placed on staff by management -
    - Verbally / emotionally abusive lower / middle management - I personally witnessed lower / middle management people verbally / mentally abused more than one employee to the point of tears - Inexcusable!

In summary, Urban was / is the absolute worst company I've ever had the displeasure of being associated with and would never recommend it to anyone unless that person enjoyed being treated like a dog, over worked, under paid and disrespected on a daily basis

My recommendation list would be far to long for this review . I'll summarize by saying "lead by example" instead of the " Do as I say, not as I do" policy currently in effect - Also, never forget that your people (management) are your most valuable asset & that without them, Urban would be nothing - Mutual respect, Genuine concern, positive input are simple things that cost the company nothing but if implemented daily, bring huge returns.

tam lead

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

people i worked with were great

Cons

they don't care about you... will let you go at the drop of a hat when coontracts wash up

The client is god so whatever they ask for they get, employees lives are not considered even a bit

Former Employee - Several in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Several in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth, Opportunity, decent pay for what you are asked to do

Cons

Micro management, constant monitoring(depending on role expect to explain why you took a bathroom break) no real review process

try taking an active interest in developing your employees, you will be shocked how they respond

Horrible company

Former Employee - Underwriter in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent but you earn every penny.

Cons

Training is poor. Inconsistent information among leadership regarding expectations and job duties. Ever changing schedules and hours without little or no notice.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING.

Current Employee - Customer Escalation Specialist in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Escalation Specialist in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was close to where I live. Some co-workers were great with teaching new people like myself on all the systems. Other than that I can't find anything good to say about my time there. I'm over 60yrs old (the only African American in my age group) in the building and I've had a lot of jobs but the management there is the worse I've EVER experienced. People working in a team lead or unit manager position with no training on how to manage others in a diverse work place.

Cons

Gomer Pyle (TV show from the past) use to say, "Shame, Shame, Shame" when ever his person in charge would do something under handed or just out right wrong to someone. That's what I say to the management and HR. Can you believe in a minority (AA) owned company that there is not one AA in a leadership role? Not even a token. At least there are none where I worked. If a person has a medical disability supported by the Veterans Administration Doctors you know what they do? You guessed it. (Find something else to get you out of here.) I left a job to take this one and moved across town to be close to work. I messed up this time. I plan to move forward. You should too.

Get some training

Terrible place

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This might be a good job for someone coming into the mortgage industry

Cons

Unorganized , no one knows how to do there job. Hired BofA employees who never did mortgage before. Employees are over worked for the amount of pay they are getting. Place needs to be seriously reorganized and have qualified staff who can assist with questions.

No advancement