Urban Lending Solutions Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
143 reviews filtered by

This was without a doubt the worst work experience of my life.

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

Good insurance and PTO benefits.

Cons

My immediate boss was an alcoholic that everyone knew about and ignored his performance. I'm not sure he ever worked a 40 hour week, which made it offensive when he would always respond he didn't have time to look into a customer issue or other problem. That led to all of the team to be depending on mainly one long time employee on our team who knew more than anyone I know. The boss even went to that guy daily for answers! I bet 80% of the employees there 'steal' from Urban by not even starting their work day until 30 to 45 minutes after they clocked in. Coffee, chit chat, walking to talk to other co workers on the floor. All of that was disruptive and ignored. It also cut into Urban's bottom line, which obviously didn't mean anything to the management around. As long as BOA didn't catch them doing anything out of regulations, they just slinked by. Thievery is what I call it. If you don't have the integrity to clock in and start work then daily, then you deserve to be at a place like Urban that treats you with no respect and has management that likes to boast of their status and not do the things to respect the owner of Urban by not stealing from him. - Westminster.

Advice to Management

Start earning respect, your title and salary. Work at least 40 hours a week and help those under you instead of walking by and ducking your head to not have to speak to anyone. Oh wait, how can you do that if you feel the guilt of not doing your job? Sorry.

2. I work in the collection department, Fast pace environment, call center atmosphere. Very clean work space.

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

Very clean and plenty of parking. New computer equipment and fast pace call center environment.

Cons

Room for advancement is limited. Know training to advance to the next level or programs setup to establish training.

Advice to Management

Need programs to grow associates to new positions .

run from urban lending

Current Employee - Concierge in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Concierge in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

people decent benefits great lunch room. nice mouse pads

Cons

this is probably the worst place I have ever worked. they operate fully by intimidation. they did a survey of employees and one of the questions was, ' how likely are you to find another job in 30 days. unlikely, likely or very likely?" 72 percent said very likely 72 percent!! there is a reason for it. they treat there employee's like crap. there is a women who walk around and looks at your desk. she has a list and checks to see if your drawer is locked, there is no cell phone and no paperwork on the desk or wall. if there is anything, it is an automatic write up with a final warning. she stands behind you while your on the phone sometimes. the listen and record your calls and mark you down for almost anything, even if they never trained you. the first month I was there 3 people, from my team, were fired the first month. One of them was the supervisor. they write people up for the littlest things. Our team is constantly being threatened with termination and write up. read the previous reviews. go do indeed and read the reviews. its not just me, educate your self

Advice to Management

I don't know what business school you went to that taught you that you can get the most out of your employees' by constantly threating them but you should go back to school and get your money back. One of two things are going to happen, your either going to get sued or something worse may happen. I am just going to get another job because I have choices. I feel sorry to the manager who has to meet the guy that does not have a choice and has nothing to loose, just saying

Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent work environment, fantastic associates, steadily evolving: management, employee culture; adequate benefits; amazing health club membership available!

Cons

Employee flexibility needed to thrive here; ability to change direction as industry dictates. Salary a bit low.

Advice to Management

Personally, I've watched this company grow for five years and know firsthand how management planned for future expansion, diversification and diminishing core client projects that would phase out due to government programs. It's been educational to see their vision unfold. From basically a start up company, ULS grew rapidly to meet client demands, and there wasn't a lot of "nice to haves" that many businesses enjoy, and there were many, many, overtime hours. Management did whatever it took to meet deliverables to the client; who in turn generated even more work as those deliverables were met again and again. ALL levels of associates worked very hard to get the company where it is today, and as it matured, employee culture began to catch up with growth. I feel Management is very aware of all aspects of rapid growth and the price paid by hardworking associates in overtime, time away from families, etc. I only hope they are able to share the wealth in bonus incentives and compensation as in years past. Associates need to keep in mind there are hard decisions to make to run a viable company. Management are people who have to make the best business decisions for the owner and stakeholders. Disgruntled people make loud noises, and many never get to know the Executive team and the why of some of the decisions they make. I know first hand of decisions senior management made that were both hard on them and others, and also of phenomenal support for the associates, both individuals and groups. My only advice would be to share more with the associate base on the wins and new lines of business. Let us know any losses as well. Hold "All Hands" meetings once or twice a year and telecast it to the many monitors hanging from the walls. We want to know when there are new clients or a new LOB and care about the wins and losses.

Sad. Frustrated and Fearful.

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

Co-workers. I worked with great people that wanted to support their family and do a good job. It was because of these employees that I even stayed that long. There was one girl in the Human Resources department that really tries to help. She talked to me like I was a person and it was obvious she really cared. The benefits are okay and the vacation is good too.

Cons

It's a fear by intimidation management style. Not to mention the empty promises made by managers and lack of advancement. Supervisors are promoted to positions that they had no experience or background to even be in. It was sad. I applied for several openings to never hear from anyone. And I was qualified. I never got any response. The pay is sub-par for experience and I didn't get any raise for almost 2 years.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Don't make every thing so secret. We want to know how we can contribute to the company. Stop treating us like children. Don't hide behind company policy. Pay your employees better and treat your employees like they are humans. Because we are.

This company is burning

Current Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed dress code, free coffee

Cons

The executive and senior leadership is negligent. The pay is far below national and even local standards. App dev and support is a black hole for projects. There is no formal structure to anything. Initiatives are often discriminatory. We've got very, very expensive automated infrastructure collecting dust while we employ hundreds of people to do the same job at a time when the company is unprofitable. We bleed money into the pockets of consultancy firms that don't achieve goals. Centralization and standardization efforts fail because everyone's got a fiefdom to protect. Many lines of business are inherently unprofitable. This company is burning and bleeding and no one seems serious about putting out the flames or stemming the flow. Even when someone does get serious about it, they put out a match flame, ignore the inferno behind them and continue to make bad decisions while patting themselves on the back.

Advice to Management

There are so many things wrong at this company that I wouldn't even know where to begin.

8. NEVER WORK THERE

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions

Pros

There are no pros to working there

Cons

They are the worst company to work for. They work on a DOS system that is not the best and they are over hiring right now and the only thing that I can see is a MASSIVE layoff. Also, this company doesn't care about your family or health. So hopefully you don't have either because they will make your life miserable.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Management SUCKS.....

You never know

I worked at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and people

Cons

You never know if the contract you are working on will end and you job with it. You're a number to upper management and completely dispensable.

Advice to Management

Treat everything like they matter to your company

Growing pains

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunities and a start-up atmosphere

Cons

Start-up atmosphere. Lack of rigid hiring standards has allowed Urban to accumulate a relatively untalented workforce.

Advice to Management

Invest in HR. They're horribly understaffed.

Worst experience of my professional career!

Current Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Underwriter - Mortgage Modifications in Highlands Ranch, CO

I have been working at Urban Lending Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck, decent benefits package, meeting and working with some exceptional people

Cons

First, I'd like to address a previous reviewers comments alleging that those who post less than favorable reviews are "disgruntled" by default ... Such sweeping, derogatory labeling of others who express their honest reviews / experience is both juvenile, and unprofessional however, based on my personal and professional experiences at ULS, such behavior is not surprising to me -

That being said, Where do I begin?
    - Little to no training relevant to the actual job duties
    - No respect and / or regard for people .. Essentially, you're a "number" at Urban - Not a human being
    - Insane work hours which included "mandatory" overtime - Expected (not asked) to put in 50/ 60 hours per week
    - Lower / middle management rules by fear and intimidation versus positive reinforcement and encouragement -
    - Distinctive "class separation" between lower / middle management and staff - Employees are considered as "less than" and basically treated as "things" rather than human beings / educated professionals -
    - Unobtainable goals placed on staff by management -
    - Verbally / emotionally abusive lower / middle management - I personally witnessed lower / middle management people verbally / mentally abused more than one employee to the point of tears - Inexcusable!

In summary, Urban was / is the absolute worst company I've ever had the displeasure of being associated with and would never recommend it to anyone unless that person enjoyed being treated like a dog, over worked, under paid and disrespected on a daily basis

Advice to Management

My recommendation list would be far to long for this review . I'll summarize by saying "lead by example" instead of the " Do as I say, not as I do" policy currently in effect - Also, never forget that your people (management) are your most valuable asset & that without them, Urban would be nothing - Mutual respect, Genuine concern, positive input are simple things that cost the company nothing but if implemented daily, bring huge returns.

Urban Lending Solutions Photos