Urban Trust Bank Reviews

1. Disorganized

Current Employee - Banker in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Banker in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Urban Trust Bank

Pros

decent bonus
    work well with if you need time off

Cons

no one knows anything
    no training
    a lot of favoritism

Leadership is horrible

2. Employee

I worked at Urban Trust Bank full-time

Pros

Very little pros at this establishment. Branch managers and upper management is a JOKE! The whole company is run on favoritism and will only promote people that are in the "inner circle".

Cons

Like I stated earlier, everything about this establishment is a joke. There is a lack of good managers starting from the branch managers to upper management. The only way to move up in the company is to join the "inner" gossip circle--which requires no talent and a keen sense of trying to get over on everyone. Branch managers are only there to gossip to upper management about employees instead of helping to fix issues at hand. Very dissatisfied with my experience at this establishment. My experience there was comparable to being surrounded by a group of hungry vultures waiting for demise.

Completely remove and replace management starting with branch managers. From the perspective of a branch employee, branch managers are chosen not by their efforts put forth for this company but by who is part of the "inner gossip circle". I am honestly very surprised how these branches-- having such horrible managers-- are still around! Maybe that's why they re-named the bank! Instead of re-naming the bank they should of re-named management.

3. Complete Chaos and lack of knowledgeable management in IT

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Urban Trust Bank full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Many great co-workers made many great friends there. Amazing upper management Just wish they would step in more. Overall I think the company has some good but our dept. was in chaos with no planning and an irresponsible leader.

Cons

My experience there was like a circus sideshow. I started and got a new manager in IT 30 days in and this guy knew nothing and it was like working for a crazy man. He would run around like a chicken with its head cut off constantly micro manage in a bad way that he would be at my desk every 20 minutes with random thoughts spinning me in multiple directions. He did not have the slightest idea of many of the basics in technology constantly just plunging and unplugging things and it would take down the entire network. there is no planning in anything we had a meeting one time about a phone system that was a huge mistake to inclement I brought up the fact that our fax system would go down he blew it off rolled it out and took down company faxing for weeks. Its the most unorganized dysfunction I have ever worked in.

Check with departments and step in our dept. was a mess with lack of a knowledgeable manager I loved it if it wouldn't have been for him.

5. I enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Banker
    Former Employee - Banker

I worked at Urban Trust Bank

Pros

Flexibility, pay, co-workers, hours, customers - all very nice

Cons

Not enough product training, reimbursements are slow

More training needed on products sold