Ustream
www.ustream.tv San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Ustream Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
Ustream – “gameplay live!”

Brad Hunstable

Better than I expected

I have been working at Ustream full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits and perks are SF standard / slightly above. Location is A+ for me (Soma, right next to Caltrain). The product, technology and brand are dominant in the space.

ConsI arrived in the middle of a pivot and quite a few folks (including VPs) have been replaced since then. Not that I minded most of these changes, on the contrary...

Advice to Senior ManagementBuilding a real business is equally as important as changing the world. Keep focusing on it.

Video company with amazing tech

Customer Success (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than a year

ProsSuper impressive technology and product, big vision, amazing office space in the heart of SOMA (near caltrain), good CEO, improved management team, hot industry (video and SAAS).

ConsI'd like to see more training opportunities for employees to set us up for greater career growth. There are still a few bad apples we should let go. Open air office is great but we could use more breakout rooms or places to have private conversations. Maybe some dividers to cancel out some noise.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut together some cool new training programs for us to expand our skills. This will help the company more and keep us moving forward in our careers.

Exciting SAAS Company growing rapidly

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than a year

ProsNew management team is much better. Great office location, space that is creative and collaborative. Great new focus on businesses vs consumer.

ConsInter-company communication can improve. Still a few employees not fully on board with the SAAS focus. Need to cycle them out.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbably move too fast at times and could benefit from slowing down adding more strategic planning resources

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very nice office, amazing colleagues!

Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than a year

ProsAmazing team to work with, great office space, really powerful product that can change the world. Fast pace like a startup should be.

ConsStill working through our shift to SAAS from consumer. Its exciting though and challenging. Some times the dogs bark too loudly and I hear complaints about that. Startup life can sometimes be stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management changes have been very positive. Keep communication across departments improving.

Fun and Exciting Start-up with GREAT technology!

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than a year

ProsThe environment is fun. Every employee is given the tools that they need to get the job done. Teaming is the motto at Ustream.

ConsToo much food! Very hard not too eat all the darn day!

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on all of that food and keep doing what your doing from a management perspective as the teams are coming together more than ever!

On the brink of blowing the market open...Great place for those wanting to make an impact

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for less than a year

ProsPassionate employees who are changing the future of business communication and helping society. Good fun environment. Getting in a good mix of people and experience. People are being promoted and rewarded for doing great work.

ConsSometimes it feels we could move faster and other times feel we are moving too fast. The typical start-up dilemma though.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the same path! Its great to work at a company that values collaboration.

No direction and weak leadership. Very young company with inexperience employees.

Sales/Marketing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than a year

ProsThey are near public transportation and ball park. Free snacks & beer.

ConsLow office morale, high turn-over, and not profitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending money and focus on fixing problems at hand. Get rid of dead weight and hire competent and professional employees. Executive team needs some serious help.

Great Company, Great people, Growing rapidly

I have been working at Ustream full-time for less than a year

ProsStrong culture, great people, and office management team. Awesome location right in SOMA. An opportunity to learn and grow every day without micro management.

ConsSometimes there are things lost in translation with our Hungary office

Advice to Senior ManagementIt always feels good to be recognized for your work.

Incompetent Executive, not profitable, and bad office morale...

I have been working at Ustream full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCool technology and website. Office is nice and set up like typical start-up.

ConsIncompetent Executives and subpar CEO. High turnover, low morale, company is not profitable, and sustaining off VC money only.

Advice to Senior Managementhire competent people...

Fun work environment, not much leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ustream full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat, young, vibrant environment. Lots of food, snacks, beer in the office. Plenty of parties and after work events. Company pays 100% of health insurance premiums.

ConsFeels like there's little direction, all the upper management tends to work against each other. So many projects/initiatives going on many tend to go unfinished. Pay is only okay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your pride aside and find better ways to work together. Encourage your teams work cross-functionally as well

Worked for Ustream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ustream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ustream CEO Brad Hunstable. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by Ustream employees.