Ustream

Video is the future!

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I think video is the future of the internet and Ustream is a great company leading the way. Office culture is very fast pace, but friendly. Benefits are very strong compared to my last company. They pay Caltrain. Good medical. Great office and snacks. Lunches, bagels, etc. I like our vision and direction

Cons

No real complaints. Starting to get bigger and more processes. I guess that can be good and bad.

Let's do more training for career development. Also, more feedback would be good.

Top video company

Current Employee - Customer Success Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great engineers and outstanding product. Career growth as been good for me (got first promotion). excellent industry (video) and opportunity to have an impact on the world. Product seems to be so much better than our competition.

Great friends, good growth opportunities, smart people

Cons

Sometimes finance needs and business needs don't align. Not sure the right balance, but we much work on this more. Sales team could be better at following policies.

The more focus we can do the better

High tech video company with great culture

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture with high energy team and offices. Good pay and perks. Overall has been a very rewarding experience and enjoyed working in the video space. Smart employees and management. Focus on Enterprise is smart.

Cons

Fast pace, quick moving. Finance team can be tough at times. Overall though enjoyable, learning experience.

Keep moving towards enterprise. Would love gym membership comps!

Positive Work Environment - Good Industry - Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are good for company of this size. Management is very approachable. Company working to be open to employees about where it is going and challenges. Live streaming is good space to be in for a company. Company is open to change and new ideas. Positive vibe in the office.

Cons

There is alot of work to be done, so there is not much down time.

Keep up the current direction. Continue to communicate with employees. Be open to input from employees.

keep looking!

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ustream full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

convenient location if you take public transit, snacks, start-up perks, young employees, cool software.

Cons

young employees, company is not profitable, CEO not around much, high employee turnover, no transparency, constantly switching directions. Very competitive market that offers lower rates and better service.

share more with employees and improve employee retainment

A+++ company with great people!

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Passionate CEO who inspires. The technology is powerful and has many great applications for enterprise. Video is a very hot market which is exciting having come from an old industry. The team of people really gel well. Transparency has really improved over the last few years. As a team we focused more on our culture over the last year and our values which I think is important. I learned alot about this during the my experience here.

Cons

No real cons. My only complaint is sometimes people bring dogs in the office, so if you aren't a dog person (I'm not sorry!) then this might be an issue. It's not too bad though.

The weekly huddles and town-halls are great. The energy over the last 6 months is amazing so let's keep it up. I think we need to send people between our Europe and California offices more to build more relationships. Sometimes knowing a person in real life is better than just over email.

Great R&D department to work with in Hungary

I have been working at Ustream full-time

Pros

Office culture has improved a lot in the past year, now it's a vibrant proactive community with emphasis on less stress, more playful challenges. CTO and management getting more and more transparent.

Cons

Almost no perks outside the office. Management is experimenting on new business directions, often without enough clarity on the reasons why directions from the last company meeting are to be dismissed (again). There is a bit of a disconnect between teams in San Francisco (eg. Marketing, Sales) and in Budapest (eg. Product, Development) due to lack of personal involvement in daily discussions.

Improve transparency of business decisions. Put more emphasis on trans-Atlantic personal relations.

Good technology, dreadful management team

I worked at Ustream

Pros

Easy to use product, great location

Cons

benefits are minimum, management team does not know how to lead or motivate team. Do not seem to value employee's time. Deadlines are hard to meet and after wasting a weekend to create reports, management changes its mind and does not want the report after all.

Figure out what you want to be when you grow up and stay the course

Better than I expected

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits and perks are SF standard / slightly above. Location is A+ for me (Soma, right next to Caltrain). The product, technology and brand are dominant in the space.

Cons

I arrived in the middle of a pivot and quite a few folks (including VPs) have been replaced since then. Not that I minded most of these changes, on the contrary...

Building a real business is equally as important as changing the world. Keep focusing on it.

Video company with amazing tech

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ustream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Super impressive technology and product, big vision, amazing office space in the heart of SOMA (near caltrain), good CEO, improved management team, hot industry (video and SAAS).

Cons

I'd like to see more training opportunities for employees to set us up for greater career growth. There are still a few bad apples we should let go. Open air office is great but we could use more breakout rooms or places to have private conversations. Maybe some dividers to cancel out some noise.

Put together some cool new training programs for us to expand our skills. This will help the company more and keep us moving forward in our careers.