VCE

VCE Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

VCE CEO Praveen Akkiraju

Praveen Akkiraju

Pros
  • No doubt one of the best products (Vblock) in Cloud Computing and Converged Infrastructure(in 14 reviews)

• Depending in the area you work, it can be a fast paced, exciting place to work(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work/life balance (expect 80-hour work weeks)(in 8 reviews)

• Too many "rich" parent companies calling the shots(in 11 reviews)

Pleasant, but no growth unless at HQ. This is NOT a start-up company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeading-edge Converged Infrastructure technology and vision.

ConsTerrible work/life balance (expect 80-hour work weeks). Extremely limited job growth unless in Richardson (HQ). Bound by parent companies (primarily EMC). Proceed with caution before signing on.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to and GROW your team.

Exciting company - Leading the industry

ProsThe company offers a one of a kind product and more and more companies are learning the benefits of choosing VCE. This is an exciting time to be a part of VCE to work towards the rapid growth and high expectations for this company. I am always learning something new and there are plenty of people to turn to for guidance.

ConsWorkspace is limited but should be expanding in US locations.

Great Internship Experience

ProsThe management at VCE is very supportive and wants you to succeed. There is plenty of room for growth and advancement. I have learned a ton at this internship and have been able to apply the knowledge I gained in college. Great working environment!

ConsVery fast paced, can be challenging to keep up as a new hire

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job, keep supporting your workers and they will do the same for you!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fast paced job with tons of opportunity and growth.

Manager (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe people here are really good. They are some of the best and brightest in this industry, and each has a hunger to make VCE a better place, and to help grow the business. Several times I've seen the management at VCE step up during times of crisis for it's employees. It's a fast moving job with high expectations, but when it comes down to it VCE understands and appreciates the value of work/life balance and strong employees. We are working in a bleeding edge industry and we've been able to stay ahead in a market that is increasingly more challenging, and that is a testament to the dedication of our people.

ConsVCE is a fast moving work environment, changes comes quickly and you need to be ok with it to do well here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the emphasis on building up and training your people, re-enforcing the work/life balance and protecting the VCE brand.

Great Environment

Pros-incredible growth rate
    -good benefits
    -work environment is very nice
    -people are very friendly

Cons-As the company continues to grow at a high rate, more space is needed
    -lack of communication sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementMore company events and perks to keep employees happy.

Fast-paced, Energetic, Great Culture

ProsThis was definitely the right choice for me: being able to make immediate impact to the business and see results. Leadership has its gaps but overall, everyone seems to have the same vision in sight. But with all the typical company growth issues, it's really true: #IncredibleHappens @VCE

ConsAs with any startup company, there are aches and pains towards a mature model, but if you're attuned to that type of environment and are willing to wear multiple hats, take risks, and work hard, then this is undoubtedly the right place!

Onward and Upward - Hang on for the ride!

ProsEven with the financial backing of some very successful companies, VCE is still a very entrepreneurial place to work. After only 3 years, its beginning to really form a name for itself without the bureaucracy of similar sized organizations. Depending in the area you work, it can be a fast paced, exciting place to work.

ConsSome of the key challenges that face VCE are its dependence on it's parent companies, minimal back-office policies and procedures, and undefined career progression. Over time, VCE will have more intellectual property of its own that will help it stand on its own. They are working on established back-office procedures but not a primary focus. In terms of career progression, only time will tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your investments in Employee development. Help identify career paths for mid-level employees. Bite the bullet and invest in critical back office applications to make decision making easier!

Great company, rapidly growing

Anonymous (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsAccess to brand new technology and being able to leverage 3 of the premiere companies in IT makes VCE a great place to be. Not many dull moments and the potential keeps growing. #incrediblehappenshere @VCE.

ConsSometimes the work can seem overwhelming, but having a lot of work is better than none at all. You know you're doing something right when customer after customer keeps signing up for your product.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing on more clients!

Best place to work, if you're into working!!

Senior Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

Pros1. You can truly make a difference, every single day.
    2. If you're asked to get on a rocket ship, don't ask which seat to take, just get on and make the most of the ride!
    3. Collaboration is paramount, you'll be challenged to use every skill you've ever learned, and fill shoes you've never thought you'd need.
    4. It's far beyond the job description, the environment and atmosphere are very open and forward, we are all in sales, whether we are operations, finance, services, engineering or sales.
    5. You can make your own way here. It is what you make of it, and the possibilities are endless.

ConsI can't personally call it a "con" ... most aren't ok with always being "on" but it's the nature of the business. People we support work all hours of the day and night, so it means a lot to someone if you quickly respond to their email at 10 PM with the answer they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more with people that you don't interact with or depend directly upon daily, they value that. Fireside chats, small Q&A sessions, talk to the people, ask what they want, empower everyone!

Training opportunity - all employees must take basic Vblock classes & be Vblock certified. It'd give everyone more empowerment and appreciation for what we talk about day in and day out.

I can't imagine working anywhere else

Director (Current Employee) Marlboro, MA

Pros* Access to the technologies of 3 of the top tech companies in the world in EMC, Cisco and VMware
    * Work is hard and there is never enough time to do all you want, but hours are flexible and I have a great management team above me supporting my organization. That is the definition of a high-tech fast-paced company...
    * Flexible work locations, we work from home whenever we do not need to be in the office
    * The salary and overall comp structure is very competitive. I have never before been in a company where you actually get more money when you outperform your goals. Others have claimed that, only VCE has delivered.
    * I have been on the IT side and vendor side in both sales and engineering, and I love my current position so much that I can't imagine going somewhere else and taking a step down.

Cons* With 3 really big investor companies, they put a lot of unreasonable and even impossible demands on us to deliver for them.
    * Hours are long and then work is never done... but show me a fast paced hi-tek company that is actually TAKING market share which isn't demanding of its staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur systems and processes MUST evolve to enable us to be both more nimble, and act as a large company should act.

Worked for VCE? Contribute to the Community!