VETS Reviews

1 Rating

I love this company!

Current Employee - Independent Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at VETS as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

This company, owned by a service-disabled veteran, understands the needs to balance work and life. They are not only willing, but actively encourage, teleworking and flexible schedules. They are amazing with their "forward-thinking" approach to both management and projects and they let you take on whatever additional tasks you want to do and support you doing just that.

Cons

Because they are a relatively small firm, the work is occasionally a little thin on the ground. They are a government contractor so they can only offer work for which they win the contracts.

Small company, but not small company feel.

I have been working at VETS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HR staff is responsive, especially when there are questions. Training is up to individual employees and VETS offers online training in many areas, free to the employee.

Cons

Little to no contact from VETS with their offsite employees makes it easy to feel detached from VETS. Guidance is only offered if employee specifically asks a manager. Otherwise, employees are on their own and work at the whims of their client. No guidance as to what is within or not within your responsibilities. It is easier to identify with the client company than with VETS and employees feel they belong more to customer than to their own company. No feedback from VETS, whether you are doing a good job or not. Professional goals are more to fulfill basic HR practices. No follow up on goals achievement. If VETS is getting new business, employees are not hearing about it.

Connect to your employees who are on customer sites. Give us news besides the quarterly newsletter. Newsletter only talks about awards and award winners and not about the rest of the company. Make sure your managers are connected to your employees, if you are not going to bother. Let your offsite employees know about wins or proposals that are in the pipeline.

The company was great to work for.

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at VETS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can grow with this company

Cons

I have no cons with this company

The contract ended with the VA

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company if You are close to Corporate Office

Current Employee - Systems Operator  in  Fairview Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Operator in Fairview Heights, IL

I have been working at VETS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent and benefits are above average.

Cons

If you do not work at or close to their corporate office, forget the support you will need to advance your career. Management does not have a clue what I do or how well I do it. I feel very underappreciated and undervalued.

Value your employees no matter where their work location may be. VP, don't make promises to employees you had no intention of keeping in the beginning.

VETS Response

May 31, 2013VP, Recruiting

VETS, Inc., prides itself on being a company that respects its employees and provides the necessary support to succeed and grow along with the company. The company has grown exponentially in the ... More

Growing company with no value for retention of competent employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at VETS

Pros

Competitive Salary in the job market

Cons

Poor Management
    Weak internal communication
    No value for retention of competent employees
    No perks to employees
    No welfare policies for employees
    Absence of life-work balance

Pay attention to the morale of your employees. They are the backbone of your corporate objectives and business growth.

VETS Response

May 31, 2013VP, Recruiting

Worked for VETS? Contribute to the Community!