VIPDesk

3.1

Mary Naylor

Good, reputable company

I worked at VIPDesk full-time

Pros

No issues with payroll. Help and coaching always available.

Cons

Pay rate does not increase with service time.

Offer yearly review and pay increase.

Not what I signed on for

Current Employee - Concierge in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Concierge in Remote, OR

I have been working at VIPDesk full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at home is the big draw. Pleasant trainers and management. Interesting job.

Cons

Full-time at $13 an hour barely pays the bills...in fact not all of them. Two months into the job, one hour a day is slashed from the weekly schedule. There goes 12.5% of my income that already was inadequate. I am now looking for a better place to land.

If you expect kid glove treatment of your high net worth customers, how about treating your working poor work force with a little dignity and respect. Or is that too much to ask? Such uncool moves you are making now. I feel like I just wasted the last two months of my life working for you, while I could have been beginning a career at a company that appreciates my talents and capabilities.

FANTASYLAND FOR EXECUTIVES, "OZ" IS MAINTAINED FOR CUSTOMERS, WORKER "ZUGS" NOT SO MUCH

I have been working at VIPDesk full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to work from home. Ability to stay with company for years, albeit with poor pay.

Cons

Management lies frequently, (such as the management-written phony positive reviews) assumes workers are stupid and worth very little, other than for lip service. Forced to lie to customers, and pretend that the company's services are exclusive and first rate when exactly the opposite is true. IT department is TERRIBLE and online resources are very sub par. No internal opportunities for growth, training is very sub par. Bathroom breaks are given in minutes, and mid management monitoring is depressing. Hours being cut to allow for poorly trained new recruits. They don't supply your hardware, their system crashes on a daily basis, and you are forced to wait around WITHOUT PAY until it is up again. The actual morale of a great number of employees is very low.

How do you tell management to start a fresh approach, act out of integrity and honor, defend the employees instead of degrading them to customers? Why would they revamp a pay system when they recognize that many employees are trapped there with handicaps / are single moms / or older, and feel like they have to stay regardless of payroll cheating and lack of genuine incentives or benefits?

Insufficient Training is a Problem

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at VIPDesk full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Trainers knowledgeable & nice as are most of management.

Cons

Biggest problem was not enough training to help callers in HomeAdvisor sector. Most of training was to navigate software & try to keep consumers on phone after the shock of realizing the contractor they were trying to reach was not who answered the call. Also worked with Bluefly client. To keep up with daily email discount click-throughs, coupons, etc... required much time prior to start of shift and even then, often prices would not reflect discount causing many upset customers. Rarely got to finish an assigned shift and project ended early.

Extend training for HomeAdvisor to better include how to help the customers that do stay on the line.

Amazing experience

I have been working at VIPDesk

Pros

There are so many opportunities to grow, and the corporate structure has an amazing work life balance outlook. Amazing people, work, and over all environment.

Cons

I do not have any cons to say.

current overnight employee

Current Employee - Customer Care
    Current Employee - Customer Care

I have been working at VIPDesk full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

work at home, steady hours. salary is base no commission on overnight and bonus but very small.

Cons

Poor pay, no base raise in 5 years. Salary is set with very small bonus. Cost of Insurance is way too high it eats up a major portion of my pay.

cost of living has raised in last 5 years i can no longer make a living on my single salary and have had to take a second job., this negatively effects my performance for your company. with at least 2 law suits regarding fair labor practices i suggest a major over haul in pre and post work requirements. (ok maybe not requirement but performance can be negatively impacted if you do not spend 30 mins a day pre work reviewing emails and sometimes just signing in to the system takes that long I can see with no pay for technical difficulties why multiple fair labor disputes are pending. ) . perhaps scheduled time off the phones prior to or post work would help.

I worked from home in my fuzzy bunny slippers...

Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at VIPDesk part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from the comfort of your own home is a huge pro for me, no commute, no dressing up, just you and your fuzzy slippers. Training was an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Management needs to listen to the people on the "front lines" Pay scale is average, hours can be dropped, although that is unusual in a training position.

Listening to the people that deal directly with customers should be a priority for management, and it most definitely is not.

Garbage

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at VIPDesk part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Working from home I guess.

Cons

Horrible line, HomeA and their scams to get "leads". They have shady practices and I would not be apart of it.

Too many systems to log into and the "commission" is the only way to earn a decent wage. Which is you only get for example 12.99% out of 13%, you get nothing. There are better work from home companies out there with better pay and better practices.

Terrible

Current Employee - Ambassador in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Ambassador in Newark, NJ

I have been working at VIPDesk full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You make money off of your sales

Cons

The whole company is based on lies. Management is nasty with nasty attitudes. They cut hours whenever they feel like it. They lost their contract with eddie bauer to west at home.

You reap what you sow.

Good company well managed by owners

I worked at VIPDesk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Women owned company who do not believe in small salaries. The companies promotes from within to qualified candidates. The work is interesting and there is always something new to learn.

Cons

Business process outsourcing has its typical downfalls of clients not renewing. Business needs may require you to work nights and weekends.