VISANOW

Robert C. Meltzer

They Really Care About Their Employees

Attorney (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at VISANOW full-time

Pros- Excellent work/life balance. Except for busy cap season VISANOW is amazing about creating a healthy balance between your personal and professional life.
-Amazing health benefits package.
-Great people. I think the poor reviews from several years ago on this site are a thing of the past.
-HR cares about you! The office manager is truly one of the nicest people and goes out of her way to make sure all employees are happy.
-Innovative and on an upward trajectory. VISANOW is definitely going places and has seen nothing but increases in sales and positive feedback lately.

Cons-Salary is lower than that of big law firms but VISANOW makes up for it with the many benefits of a pleasant work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on improving minimizing turnover to keep legal department running smoothly.

Hard work and dedication pays off and prepares you for further career steps

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at VISANOW full-time for less than a year

Pros-fun, exciting company culture
-opportunity to learn about immigration in a very hands-on and progressive way
-hard work is definitely noticed and rewarded
-overall really great people
-independent work environment- you are able to budget your own time to get things done

Cons-a very difficult first job for those without experience
-some people find it very hard to focus on work in this environment
-growing fast (both a pro and a con!) but makes it hard to get to know everyone

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to show your employees that they matter through great benefits packages-this is a huge benefit and we appreciate it. Encourage more continuing education. Look to hire more experienced AEs when possible

Work Hard and be Rewarded

I have been working at VISANOW full-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture is great, and it's refreshing to see so many employees moving upwards in their career here. They are consistently the ones who put in extra effort for the company. People who don't work out here (and then write poor reviews) are the types that only want to put in a lazy day of work, and then leave at 5pm.

ConsIf you want to work 40 hours per week, that's fine, but don't expect any upward mobility in your career at VISANOW.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the 401(k) benefits, everything else is great.

Excellent Growing Company

I have been working at VISANOW full-time for more than a year

ProsVISANOW is a rapidly growing company which offers its employers and its clients a wonderful opportunity. VISANOW strives to revolutionize the legal service industry by delivering its clients the ultimate client experience. Since VISANOW is growing so quickly, it pushes its employers to challenge themselves and pursue their highest potential.

VISANOW offers a young, fresh, and friendly environment. It offers GREAT benefits and fun events for its employees.

ConsSince VISANOW is growng so quickly, your job sometimes requires to to wear "mutiple hats". If you are just wanting to go to work and not casre, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the talent you have, and do everything you can to retain it!

Experience builder, yet poorly managed and unrewarding

Attorney (Former Employee)

I worked at VISANOW

ProsThe coffee is free and the location of the building is in the heart of downtown.

Cons- Management has no clue as to how to train their employees as they have no knowledge of how to do anyone's job. Just think, a non-attorney managing a group of attorneys on how to do their job!
- Too many ethical issues to discuss, i.e. non-licensed employees providing legal advice
- No work life balance. They expect you to work immediately after you have a kid!
- Turn over of their employees is ridiculous! Management considers such job security fear as motivation
- If you have little experience then you are expected to learn on your own. Your only guidance are cryptic emails from senior staff discussing your mistakes and that email has everyone in the company blind copied.
- The only ones who stay longer than a year are the ones who physically work from home. That should say something.

Advice to Senior Management- Stop considering the company is unique. It has been around for over ten years! Fragomen is much better and offers the same technology!
- Firing people is not a motivator, it is a scare tactic that only makes someone work hard enough to not get fired.
- Enough with the useless meetings that do not improve anything!
- A successful business should have confident and happy employees.
- The company has ridiculous profit margins! How about paying your employees at normal rates?

Some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of working with--great collaborative energy.

I have been working at VISANOW

Pros--Awesome people
--Casual dress code
--Good Benefits
--Free coffee & tea
--Employees really care about their work
--Great teamwork atmosphere
--Gorgeous office in a great area (River North)

ConsThe hours can be long and the work load can be pretty overwhelming sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementSince I've been here, it seems like there have been lots of changes for the better. All the changes can make things complicated, but I think things seem like they're moving in the right direction. When I first came in there was a lot of negativity here, and that seems to be turning around.

The feeling that tomorrow could be your last day is miserable

I have been working at VISANOW

Pros-Casual work attire permitted daily
-Coffee and tea provided free of charge
-The occasional barbecue once a month
-Better than average employee benefits

Cons-Zero room for growth, management is rarely promoted within
-Over 50% yearly turnover
-Employees are given "shelf life" within company bounds
-CEO promotes turnover as a positive to moral
-Yearly goals are inflated to provide no chance of ever getting bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to treat employees fairly and like human beings, stop treating it like a start up, its over 10 years old.

Good place to earn experience, not good for money.

I have been working at VISANOW

ProsGood communication. Friendly environment and co-workers.

ConsLow base salary, even the company has good benefits.

A Company that Should Excel, but Won't Because of Very Pool Managment

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at VISANOW

ProsSome Salaries for certain positions are High. The product is new to the market and has great potential.Some great employees.

ConsHorrible Management and Decisions of Management.
Extremely High Turnover
Very Small Company with often Large Company Politics
Constantly Changing Comp Structures and Lowering Salaries
CEO Hires extremely poor upper management.
A million meetings that do not help productivity of company or employees.
Management can be very micromanaging.
Daily fear of getting laid off - zero job security for anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees happy and your company will thrive. Management needs to respect employees and make the company a great place to work to limit turnover. Micromanaging will only work to demotivate employees.

Poor management and passive agressive behavior compounded with ethical issues .....not a positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at VISANOW

ProsEntrepreneurial environment and great Chicago River North location. Feels like a startup even though it has been in business over ten years.

ConsCompany is run by a micro manager and I had a very bad experience dealing with ethical and integrity issues. Also the culture was passive aggresive with one senior level manager trying to undermine another manager's efforts and that being supported by the leadership. I would not recommend this as a place to work with the current management. The leadership and endorsed behaviors start at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to work on a trusted and inclusive culture where there is respect for all and integrity always. Be transparent and ethical.

Worked for VISANOW? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VISANOW reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VISANOW CEO Robert C. Meltzer . All 17 reviews posted anonymously by VISANOW employees.