VIVUS

Be The First To
Add Photos

VIVUS President, CEO, and Director Leland F. Wilson

Leland F. Wilson

Promising company destroyed by proxy fit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros-learning experience
    -work / life balance
    -best-in-class product

Cons-upper management (put in place after proxy fight)
    -culture (completely changed for the worse after new leadership)
    -compensation is below market rate

Great place for prima donnas who can't get a job elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting work; small start-up environment for some projects anyway. Flat organization, not a lot of hierarchy. They don't overdo meetings. Friendly co-workers.

ConsInept management, inept board, inept CEO and President (several of them this year alone!), inept sales and marketing staff. Took them 20 years (literally) to get a product approved. No HR department -- it's run by a consultant who has some sort of personal relationship with some high level person there. As soon as Yahoo! banned telecommuting, Vivus did, too, which was so ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate. There are people here who are extremely talented and excellent workers. Do not keep the choice projects for yourself.

Roller coaster

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsMost exciting product I've ever sold and a HUGE population of people that need it desperately.

ConsNo autonomy. Forced to do things that make no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet seasoned sales people have a voice. If people have an alternative plan, at least hear them out or explain why you won't listen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

VIVUS was a great place to mark time while workig on my education

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lakewood, NJ

ProsSlow paced, quality driven work environment that allowed anyone to halt production if quality problems were noticed. Management recognized that employees needed time for personal reasons and were happy to work with vacation/personal time on short notice.

ConsThe management at VIVUS was unresponsive to suggestions for improvement. Management was content to keep the status quo with no drive to modify or improve any function, afraid to make any mistake. This attitude resulted in the sale of the NJ manufacturing plant to another company, Upper management has not managed to bring any new product to market since the introduction of its lone ED product, Muse, over 12 years ago. Alibra, Qnexa, Evamist, and one or two other products never made it to market under the guidance of VIVUS management

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would have been nice if the employees at the Lakewood facility were suported and made to feel like they were actually part of the company. Senior management did not even visit the NJ plant for over six years and basically pretended that it did not exist.

Worked for VIVUS? Contribute to the Community!