VMBC

My dream job

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

VMBC is by far the best company that I have had the pleasure of working for. The culture here is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Working here, you are not just another face, you are part of a team that empowers one another, and genuinely cares about your success.

I know a lot of jobs can be very repetitive, and once you get in a groove, you seem to do the same monotonous task every day. That is NOT the case here. You will be challenged from the get go with various projects, and a constant changing type of workflow. To me, this is the best thing that a company can offer. It gives you the opportunity to spread your wings and learn something new, and also you will NEVER be bored.

The management here is truly invested in seeing their employees grow within the company, and cares about the well-being of everyone. If you are in a role here where you aren't tasked with the things that gets you excited to come to work, and what you like to do, management will do everything in their power to put you in a position that makes you happy. They believe that the best performing employees are the ones that are happy with their position and do what they can to create that fit for you.

Cons

My con isn't really a con. This is definitely a fast-paced work environment, and you are expected to be able to keep up with the challenges that may come across you. This helps in your personal development, and I know for me, I have learned a great deal juggling many projects at once and have learned how to prioritize appropriately. Hard work is expected, but it is also rewarded. And with a company as great as this one, it is easy to put in the hard work because you automatically want to participate in the company's success.

Keep doing what you are doing! This is truly a happy home.

"Best and longest job of my career."

Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice, relaxing, and flexible working environment with many opportunities for growth and challenges. Leadership with great knowledge and visions of how to take the company to the next level. This company offers great employee's benefits and compensation by far beats all others company I've worked for. I am very grateful and glad to be part of going on 12 years this month and many more.

Cons

You would have to be on top of your games a majority of the time but I love the challenge so not a big deal.

Keep up the great visions.

Wonderful place to work!

I have been working at VMBC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for many different companies throughout the years and VMBC is by far the most exciting, fun, challenging, and successful business yet. I wake up happy to come to work every morning and look forward to spending the days with such an amazing team of people.
    This is a place that respects their employees, encourages growth and actually supports individuals in their personal and professional goals. Ideas are listened to, praise is given for a job well done, and constructive criticism is given when needed.
    I work very closely with management and the owner on a daily basis, so I see first hand how the CEO cares about his company and employees deeper than I have yet to see of anyone else in his position. He is constantly thinking of new ways to help employees feel appreciated and empowered. The teams in US and Argentina work together wonderfully considering they are thousands of miles apart!

Cons

As with any business there is always room for improvement. The great thing about VMBC is that improvement is something thought about and worked on daily, which is more than can be said for most companies!

Favorite Place to Work For

I have been working at VMBC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for several companies over the years – Oakley (at the innovative corporate headquarters building), a corporate telephone company, a high end corporate real estate leader, an extremely fancy country club, etc…. I have never worked at a company that was as enjoyable, fun, and exciting as VMBC. Not even close.

From day one, I have been empowered to hit the ground running. Each day is delightful – I am challenged yet supported, driven, recognized, and able to move quickly.

I enjoy learning from the big vision and experience of the executive team. They are very personable and involved with the rest of the employees, more so than any I’ve ever worked with. They think outside the box and bust through stale thinking. They drive the company to strong success and nurture the crew along the way.

The entire team works together very well. It is awesome to work with such an intelligent, motivating, supportive, and big thinking group as the one here at VMBC. As they only hire the best and brightest (and are quick to get rid of those that don’t fit the bill – which at times end up bitter such as the two posters here), it’s fun to work with like-minded people, not being held back by slackers and those that are unmotivated. The people are truly fun to spend time with and great to work alongside.

The culture here is more successful than any other I’ve experienced in that the vision is actually what you experience. It’s innovative, creative, driven, intelligent, self-aware, full of integrity, responsible, and dependable. People treat each other as true team members and collaboration happens daily.

There is a lot of ability to creatively develop the work that you do. Opinions are appreciated, valued, and desired. Development is encouraged – not only professionally but also personally. The offices are the best I’ve ever had the pleasure to work in (and I’ve worked in some very cool locations). We always get great feedback from visitors and people love to come in. They provide snacks, daily fresh juices, drinks, etc. The few suggestions I’ve had have been received warmly and implemented quickly.

I also love that the leaders are involved in my goals and have discussed my path to growth from first month, continuously. And last, but not least… after working in Laguna Beach, I love that there is plenty of parking!!! :)

I highly recommend VMBC for those that are innovative, creative, intelligent, and want a place to thrive in.

Cons

Wish the Argentina office was closer...maybe Hawaii? :)

Keep doing what you're doing. It is greatly appreciated.

Challenging, Hard Work, Great Clients.

Current Employee - Not Saying in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - Not Saying in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at VMBC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The clients they have are 100% some of the best in the industry. Great exposure to really smart people in Fortune 100 companies and their clients love them

Great company culture. Focused and driven but still somewhat chill. I love working in the new office, very modern, great fridge, great benefits, great location and makes me feel like I'm working for google or Zappos. It's really different from anywhere I've worked before.

Owners are intense, but I feel like they really care about my success. The company is very successful and has been around for many years so it feels very stable. Most of the employees have been around for at least 5 years and there is almost no turnover, except for the people they have fired.

Cons

Since the company is growing so fast, things change really fast. I think they could be better planners.

They get rid of people who don't perform, but I think they could be nicer about it.

I'm addicted to this job, I love it and I hate it at the same time.

I would like to see more growth in the US. It seems that there is so much focus and so much investment in Argentina that sometimes I feel like we have more opportunity here. Not to say that i don't love you guys in Buenos Aires, but hey, we need some love too :)

Job is ok unless you work with management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at VMBC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

pay and benefits are good and for the most part compared to other united states companies that are in Argentina.

Cons

Just not a place open to outside opinions. There have been some smart people working here but they leave after a short time. nobody can use any of their education or experience as this company because of the owners. they go on and on and on with hours long speeches which lead to nowhere and they tells the programmers how they should program

Build for success

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at VMBC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

VMBC is a company that shows continuous growth in a warm, reliable, well prepared environment where one feels comfortable to express their ideas and propose improvements along the way.
    One of the main assets from the company is their philosophy "We are a family" that's the feeling that you get straight away when you work in this company, whether is from your co-workers, managers or the CEO itself. It's a consistent message that you receive when working in this company "you are part of our family".
    I believe that the level of professionals that work in VMBC is one of their greatest assets and a definite pro when working here. Nothing pushes one forward more than being surrounded by people that knows their business and are enthusiast about it!
    Another amazing quality from this company is the constant moving forward, they are always looking for new ideas, new business, new clients and makes you think that you are part of a constant growth that never stops! It's empowering to feel you are part of a living structure.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Keep working on pushing everyone forward as you already do!

Allowed to excel at my strengths

I have been working at VMBC full-time

Pros

+ Having international F100 clients, and an amazing portfolio of work
    + Modern office with a slew of awesome amenities
    + Continued growth and ability to learn new skills and techniques
    + Management wants you to succeed and produce your best results
    + Stable management always coming up with new ideas and business practices
    + Great benefits and health plan

Cons

- When something is due, it's due and you stay until it's done (normal agency type setting)
    - Some projects are on such a tight turn around you have to be able to think on the fly without a lot of direction
    - Although the upper management can be intense, it's for the company's best interest. You have to learn to roll with the punches. Again, it's an agency type of job, so you work until the work is done.

More follow up review time on finished projects and what we did well, and could have done better.

A great pleasure working at VMBC!

I worked at VMBC

Pros

I recently left this company and I have to say that it was a great pleasure working at VMBC. My time as an employee was challenging, rewarding and a growing experience. I was constantly challenged at my job and sometimes felt frustration, but the work I was doing was amazing. The management team took the time to explain the process, what they expected and how to get it done the right way. The owners are tough but they are fair. They expect you to work hard and do your best. If you don't have that work ethic then you wouldn't fit in with this company. The employees that don’t have work ethic get let go. They don't waste their time with people who don't have the same passion as they do.

There is an open door policy at VMBC so whenever I became frustrated, didn't know an answer to a question a client presented to me or was having a bad day, they were always supportive. In my role I worked long hours and even sometimes, weekends. When I did a good job, I was rewarded with praise and sometimes with a very nice bonus!!

Due to family responsibilities I had to take a leave of absence. The management team offered for me to work from home and come in once in a while for staff meetings, but I really need to focus on my family. This company cares about their employees and making sure they are happy. They feel that if you are happy, that you will produce better work. It’s true! Every company has growing pains but this company wants their employees to be a part of their growth. The product they offer is cutting edge and I am honored that I was a part of it.

The office space is amazing!!! I worked at several world renowned ad agencies and the VMBC space is very chic. It’s important to be in an office space that makes you feel good. It has a great vibe!!!

Cons

Yes there are some negative things about this company....but every company has them. But the best thing about the place is that I felt I could talk to my supervisor and he would listen and try to make some changes.

I was surprised when I saw those negative reviews on here. For the most part, people are pretty happy at the company and like what they do. I know that there were some people who got let go recently, I guess somebody always has an axe to grind.

Poor leadership, old technology, unhappy employees

Former Employee - Programmer in La Plata (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Programmer in La Plata (Argentina)

I worked at VMBC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not any I can think of right now

Cons

The management in this company is clueless. You have to sit in meetings and listen to the hours long speeches that the company president REQUIRES you to attend, and when you try to apply sound work and sound programming practices, you are shot down, accused of not collaborating and your job is threatened. They expect you to work as many hours as they say you have to, but don't realize that people are really not interested in working an unlimited number of hours per day, especially not technology professionals. There are too many good jobs out there to choose from.

Hire enough qualified people to handle the workload. Students will work for cheap but this puts an terrible load on the few experienced programmers that are in the company. This will reduce the constant turnover, angry burned out employees who are not interested in the mundane and repetitive projects. Let the people with the "smarts" run the technology sector. Just because someone is an owner or manager doesn't mean they know a lot.

VMBC Photos