VMC Consulting

Be The First To
Add Photos

VMC Consulting COO Ron Hurle

Ron Hurle

Pros
  • There are some great people, I've established a great relationship with a specfic recruiter which has absolutely advanced my career(in 3 reviews)

• Pay, managers and work environment(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management with zero regard for employee morale(in 5 reviews)

• If you're a full-time employee with VMC who manages the vendor contracts, as opposed to one of the actual contractors, it might be better(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work for!

Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Las Cruces, NM

ProsLaid back environment, with hands on learning and guidance.

ConsVery small break room, could use a larger one.

The good and the bad

SharePoint Online Support Engineer (Current Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsDecent pay and hours. Being a vendor for Microsoft isn't bad because you get a few of the perks. Alright benefits once you qualify.

ConsYou are still just a vendor. In my experience, you are almost always hired by an employment agency, then they will keep you on after a year. During that year, you pretty much get no benefits (vacation, PTO). No real opportunity for advancement.

Most unprofessional place I have ever worked

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThe admins were all great to work with

ConsThe COO of the company, is Verbally abusive, belittling, condescending, and yells obscenities at the top of his voice. Human Resources does nothing, except store any complaints about him under the carpet. This man has had so many people complain about him, but the Manager's turn a blind eye. If you decide to become an admin there, remember you are expendable and you don't matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people that actually do the work, instead of just the brown nosing managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love the job, hate the company

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsThere are some great people, I've established a great relationship with a specfic recruiter which has absolutely advanced my career. There are a lot of job 'options' so you can always utilize different skills. A good company to get things to put on your resume, but not a career.

ConsBenefits are a joke (it's a 'savings opportunity') which is essentially coupons worth less than your weekly premium. I lost my $500 FSA last year to a company no one could ever get me in touch with. They take a LOT of your salary, they have to in order to cover the ridiculous overhead. I have 3 direct managers at VMC (all of which have changed at least once in the 5 months I've been here) and they can never directly answer my questions, it takes at least 5 emails to get an answer to "where can I pick up my paycheck?"

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the middle man, or at least 3 of them.

A worthwhile venture if you enjoy fast paced environments.

Support Engineer (Former Employee) Fargo, ND

ProsThis position is based in an excellent environment and the culture is second to none. There are several other companies working in conjunction in this environment with many many opportunities to advance or change roles.

ConsCan be stressful when it gets busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementReducing the team size will not increase productivity. It only generates more stress from higher workloads.

Horrible place to work, even worse if you intend to make a positive impact

Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsDecent salary, but nothing close to industry standards.
    Impressive contracts, although quickly driven into the ground by incompetent management

ConsHorrible "stab you in the back" mentality from anyone above middle management
    No support from HR when reporting unethical or harassing behavior
    Faulty HRM systems, constantly messing up paychecks
    Upper management with zero regard for employee morale

Advice to Senior Managementlearn from your failures. Perform a top-down scrub, and remove "leadership" positions where all of the work is delegated to subordinates. Offer reasonable benefits

Massive Turnaround

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Las Cruces, NM

ProsDecent salary for the area.

ConsLack of proper oversight. Inconsistencies in management styles. Poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were many inconsistencies in what we were told to do, what our client Apple told us to do, and what worked.

Only suggested as a place to jump-start a career but not stick around

BPOS and Office365 Tier III Support (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood Training
    Opportunity for growth
    Some rewards for doing well
    Friendly People and Environment

ConsGorilla tactics by management
    Never knowing what to expect from Day to Day.
    Lack of communication from Upper management.
    Treats Support Engineers like underlings with no voice of their own
    Does not follow HR procedures and will make up excuses and false allegations to downsize employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together!!! Start listening to your employees and communicate with them.
    Stick with one management team and dont change the structure every month.

Providing a useful service in my position.

Graphics Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) Fort Collins, CO

ProsYou're allowed to work independently and do your job. There is no micro-management and the on-site management doesn't watch over your shoulder at all. It's assumed that you know your job. In my case, I do have a good boss who will find resources for me when I reach the end of my own resources. My boss does look for ways to make us more useful to the company where we are consulting.

ConsThis company operates like a temp agency; they are not a true consulting company. There is no reward for achievement and upper management doesn't have any intention of investigating how to make it better. I've been in my job for 7 years; one co-worker has been in his position for over 10 years. We stay because there are very few other opportunities locally and we don't want to move to another city. The clients of the company have long term positions for which they don't want to hire permanent employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about profit sharing? How about better benefits for those who are long term employees? When you have an employee for over 5 years, can't you find a way to compensate them for long term service?

cattle call

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

Prosprovides some flexible work scheduling

Conson call equals cattle call

Advice to Senior Managementcattle call

Worked for VMC Consulting? Contribute to the Community!