VMC Consulting

Updated January 14, 2015
2.3

VMC Consulting COO Ron Hurle
Ron Hurle

Pros
  • There are some great people, I've established a great relationship with a specfic recruiter which has absolutely advanced my career (in 3 reviews)

• Pay, managers and work environment (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management with zero regard for employee morale (in 5 reviews)

• If you're a full-time employee with VMC who manages the vendor contracts, as opposed to one of the actual contractors, it might be better (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Doing fine and like many

I worked at VMC Consulting as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Doing fine trying to handle all the changes in personnel, project managers, technical staff and support.

Cons

Short handed and unable to deal with job required over time and fast changing job requirements not being fully or accurately provided to vendor staff in a realistic time frame. The caused excessive miscommunication with vendors and the new job requirements and skillset changes.

Probably just hanging on to the excessive unrealistic changings and time frames. Making the bet of it.

No one steering the ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting

Pros

Great talent pool. Recruiting is good

Cons

NO leadership. Previous leadership team has been replaced. New leader was brought in and bolted soon after. Double dip with VMC and VIS so client gets charged twice. Contracter's are body slammed and y employees stay because of path of least resistance. Childish, Petty, Toxic. Run away

Longtime customers are leaving once contracts expire

get some leadership

Very unprofessionally run organization

Former Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

In my six months there, I did not encounter any pros working with the organization.

Cons

I encountered poor leadership, poor benefits, poor work life balance. I worked on MS campus as a consultant and was given little to no support or background to do my job. I was never given a set of job expectations and was treated atrociously when I failed to live up to the unknown expectations over a weekend when I worked Mon thru Fri. Benefits are a joke. There is a real lack of integrity there.

Look at your leadership group instead of the bottom line.

I worked at VMC Consulting as a contractor for more than 6 years

Former Employee - Hourly Worker in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Hourly Worker in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at VMC Consulting (more than 5 years)

Pros

That’s a hard one, they came to me when the last contracting place lost the bid.
    Pay was OK untill they took a cut.

Cons

They cut your pay then a few years later they will give you what they call a raise that’s less than the pay cut, the dysfunctional huffy project coordinator will laugh if you mention a cost of living raise.

Management through intimidation.
    Take better care of the people that are doing the work.
    Ron Hurle: egotistical, self-admiring.

I wouldn't recommend a job here if I liked you!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They do a lot of work with some of the top clients and the folks on the line do a great job so within the client companies the reputation of the company tends to be they are expensive but good.

Cons

Internal systems and policies are terrible, hard to get anything done, The company culture is that of udder chaos a whole new management team has come in over the last year, and they are putting together the direction and focus without asking anyone who has been around doing the work. Fear based leadership had built a culture where no one wants to talk or ask questions for fear of being fired.

Look around you have some amazing talent working for you, but if you continue down the path those people won't stay around for long.

Friendly environment, professional training

Former Employee - Microsoft Xbox Escalations Support in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Microsoft Xbox Escalations Support in Irving, TX

I worked at VMC Consulting as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Microsoft, Contract, Las Colinas TX: Friendly co-workers, beautiful campuses, free sodas, great food at decent price, break time entertainment (fooseball tables, shuffleboards, tv's). Managers worked with you to ensure you understood your job, adequate training.

Cons

Microsoft, Contract, Las Colinas TX: Mass lay-offs were abrupt and very sudden. No opportunities for raises or bonuses, few promotion opportunities, and procedures are still in early-development-like stages, even though the place has been around since before 2005.

Microsoft, Contract, Las Colinas TX: Provide advance notice for mass layoffs.

One of the worst most disorganized companies I've ever worked for

I worked at VMC Consulting

Pros

There are literally no good things you can say

Cons

Management has no idea what's going on and they constantly enact policies that have little relevance to employees. They emphasize policy and procedure and forget about the service they are providing. No one ever has any idea what's going on and most employees run around confused and frustrated

Worked in the Redmond area for more than 5 years

Current Employee - Chief Bottle Washer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Chief Bottle Washer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance are provided as they win contracts and jobs lost when they lose them. It is the same for all of the vendor companies in this area. Great place to work to gain knowledge.

Cons

Office culture is cold, work-life balance has improved over the last year, I think there is promise here, but would wait until they figure out and openly communicate where they are going.

Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nothing? they got me a job? but the only thing they gave me was a foot in the door

Cons

VMC will get you placed but they take more than any other contracting company and you'll wish you weren't associated with them. Trying to move up or on-ward is completely impossible here. Some recruiters are nice and will help as much as possible but the company as a whole can't do anything.

Paying double over-head to VMC and Volt really keeps us from getting even close to what we deserve.

Apple Tier 1 Support

Former Employee - Apple Tier I Support in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Apple Tier I Support in San Antonio, TX

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Coworkers are friendly and managers are friendly

Cons

- You job only depends on customer surveys