VMC Consulting Reviews

Reset
2.4
VMC Consulting COO Ron Hurle
Ron Hurle

Pros
  • Opportunities to advance are provided as they win contracts and jobs lost when they lose them (in 6 reviews)

• I dealt with two reps; the first was very communicative, the second, not so much (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management of Team managers doesn't care about what's going on within teams (in 5 reviews)

• Advised by many not lo list VMC on resume as a Full Time Employee; say you were a Contractor or it would be the kiss of death for any interview (in 3 reviews)

1. Support Engineer

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunity for jobs and potential to advanced to companies they are hired by

Cons

They care more about numbers than employees

2. VMC Call Center

Former Employee - IOS Technical Advisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - IOS Technical Advisor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Fast paced energetic environment, many shifts to choose from, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, strict call center

Advice to Management

More flexibility

3. Unstable Leadership

Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Redmond, WA

Pros

Won some great new projects and accounts. Could have lasted longer with better leadership at the top.

Cons

Too many changes in a short amount of time. Average tenure of COO over the 2013 - 2015 is less than one year. Not a stable platform for growth or even maintaining accounts.

Advice to Management

Get your vision and goals solidified. Take care of the employees that have produced results.

5. Operations Manager

Former Employee - Data Center Operations Manager in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Data Center Operations Manager in Fairfield, CA

I worked at VMC Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Work Life Balance was good, but primarily due to my manager, not the company.

Cons

HQ is not really connected with work sites.

6. Easy work usually comes with Low pay

Pros

1. The work is easy. In fact, it's the easiest work I've ever done in my life. You are allowed the freedom to do other things on the computer while working. 2. People are usually nice. 3. A great place for a Non-Francophone 4. Management is mostly cool, expect for some individuals

Cons

1. Gotta face the fact that it's not a career path. 2. Some projects are brain numbing to the point where you gradually feel your brain rotting away.

Overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vast network, opportunity to find decent contract work. Fairly responsive IT department that is available and maintains well-functioning hardware. Great individuals scattered throughout.

Cons

Favoritism, disengaged, overwhelmed, overused: terms to describe mid-level managers. Call center operations poorly run; too many great reps fired while poor ones retained. Discouraging.

Advice to Management

Care for your low-level people as much as your C-level execs.

8. Technical Advisor

Former Employee - Technical Advisor in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Technical Advisor in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will sometimes work with your schedule if you are a student.

Cons

Management is extremely poor in this company. Not only are they never present, but the individuals who are employed as "managers" are extremely inept and unprofessional; they lack the necessary leaderships skills. They will accuse employees of doing things "wrong" however, they are so uneducated and unprofessional that they can't even tell you what it is that you are doing wrong; thus leading in a lot of unfair terminations of good employees who truly are doing their job and going above and beyond for their customers. For what they pay, which is $9.50/hr, they definitely are exploiting their employees by expecting so much out of them with very little pay and no incentives. If a company expects stellar service out of their employees, pay definitely needs to be increased and better management to correctly lead their employees; especially when working for such a major telecommunications company. The center lacks the proper equipment to do your job right. Not only are there no headsets, the very few headsets available are either broken or malfunctioning. Management has been promising new headsets for over a year now but the employees are yet to find those new headsets to properly do their job. Amongst management it is more about socializing amongst each other and what they will be doing for lunch rather than fixing the issues in front of them.

Advice to Management

Hire better qualified individuals who actually have leadership experience and will be present rather than just wondering and socializing around the site during their work hours; extremely unprofessional and unethical. Make sure that they are educated as to why they are terminating individuals so a lot of employees won't be left in the dark when they are told "we don't know what you're doing wrong sorry."

Would avoid if you can

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Issaquah, WA

I worked at VMC Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had great co-workers It was a good opportunity to work for a large software company.

Cons

They treat you more or less like a commodity. VMC took a high ratio of my bill rate compared to other contracting companies. The benefits are minimal and what they do provide forced either by law or by the company they are vending for. Had a ridiculous policy regarding holiday pay making it very difficult to qualify for it. The only reason that I had a chair when I started was because I took one from a conference room. Had to fight to get ergonomic equipment. Ended up buying my own keyboard to use. Had to use reams of paper as monitor risers. I received a working headset for the phone only because someone else was let go and I inherited his.

Advice to Management

I think it would be difficult to improve unless there is a serious change in policy regarding benefits. Though a good start would be to provide the necessary equipment for the job. Also make it easier to obtain ergonomic equipment.

manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at VMC Consulting (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and easy parking.

Cons

The scope of work is narrow

Employee Experience at VMC

I have been working at VMC Consulting full-time

Pros

VMC has established great service offerings and value to our customers. The focus on core service offerings in the last few years is refreshing and will play well in the future success of VMC.

Cons

The current leadership is more focused on issues that do not provide the ability to grow revenue that company is not focused on the right things value to the client and growth

RSS Feed </> Embed