VMS

VMS President David Stephens»

David Stephens»

Very friendly working environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsVery free to employ any new technology you want for RFC. A very lay-back working environment as long as you get the work done in a reasonable time.

ConsNeed more leadership. People work too independently with out leadership and that lead to fragmented code and design.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmaller team.

Company is out of business

Business Development Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey had the industry-leading platform for monitoring competitive advertising...

Cons...but they fell apart because of mis-management, and for not keeping up with the times (their platform did not track digital advertising).

Very good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging environment for the most part.

ConsNot sure if growth is easy here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall not bad

Ad Identifier (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe hours were flexible and the work environment was not as toxic as you'd expect. Decent people and absorbing work all around. My manager on tje night shift was the best. Go Scott.

ConsNo mobility; you remain in the position in which you were hired. The pay wasn't great and the job ended way too soon. Company closed, I believe.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish I'd had the opportunity to see the company enter a new era but it went out with the old rather suddenly.

Good people, bad company direction

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWas a great place to work at first, last few years there went bad, then company just up and died overnight. The work was very interesting and cutting edge. We had a great CIO.

ConsIt went belly up overnight and did not have any warning. The direction of the company was offset from reality of modern media demands. The executives and owners did not understand the technical side of the business enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dump the company next time. Listen to employees more, less draconian methods of running things.

Good foundation, No Vision

Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsKnowledgeable colleagues who really know their industry and pride themselves on knowing what their clients want and need. Great technology and delivery of services. Good feedback from colleagues.

ConsZero vision for the future. Inability to compete on pricing. Lack of desire to promote from within and inability to keep promises for promotion from within. Bad management, particularly at the executive level. This is why the company failed after 35 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with young talent.

Old company in the valley

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

Prosnice area, helping people, NY stock exchange

ConsOld building, not much career advancement.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

Company That Needs to See Writing on the Wall

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWorking with clients (the ones that weren't overly needy) on a daily basis, helping them get the most out of tracking their media coverage nationwide.

ConsSometimes unreasonable expectations from management - mainly, the NYC headquarters - on sales goals for a particular month. Also, a general refusal by management to listen to input from those dealing with customers on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and listen to your staff in the various offices, as these are the people dealing with the bulk of VMS' clients on a daily basis. They're not the ones signing the big 'headliner' contracts, but without those clients, the company is headed for ruin.

Was fun while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsInteresting business, nice colleagues, great IT team, great location (Time Square)
    Company tried to transform itself rapidly, but unfortunately failed.

ConsThe company went under, so there are no more opportunities in this specific company, although many former employees now work for competitors

Advice to Senior ManagementA better strategy that would have enabled the company to survive would have helped. Perhaps management needed to be more reflective.

it was good

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

Prosnice workplace and collegaues opportunity to grow and good salary package

Conscompany is not stable financially

Worked for VMS? Contribute to the Community!