VNA-TIP Healthcare

Susan Chandarlis

Awful Place To Work

Current Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Metropolis, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Metropolis, IL

I have been working at VNA-TIP Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The patients are wonderful. The work is not hard. Most of them just want companionship.

Cons

You will drive a lot. You will spend lots of money in gas. You can drive for one hour to two hours between destinations and have 3 to 4 places planned for your work day. The pay you recieve above the $9.50 base pay as an incentive pay will only cover your trip there and back, so you will break even. You will find that you are working for free.

Treat your employees as an asset. We are people, not numbers. We are valuable and represent your company, VNA Tip, out there in the field. You need better qualified managers. And these 2-3 hour assignments are ridiculous to say the least! You are cheap and need to pay better. Some of your competitors start their base pay at $14.00 an hour!!!

VNA-TIP Healthcare Response

Dec 19, 2013HR Generalist

We are always happy to hear the response of our employees, and it saddens us to see such a review. We here at VNA-TIP Healthcare encourage all of our employees, both current and past to utilize our ... More

Work Here For Free

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Metropolis, IL
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Aide in Metropolis, IL

I worked at VNA-TIP Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The patients are nice and friendly and make the job tolerable.

Cons

You will do a lot of driving. I spent $80 in gas a week driving 1-2 hours between set destinations and they gave me an "incentive pay" over the base pay of $9.50 an hour to 10.50 or $12.00 an hour which broke even on the trip and back. You are working for free if you have a job here. They do not pay mileage unless it is after the second assignment. I spent about $350 in gas and $40 for the company uniform.This job is perfect for a housewife with a wealthy husband that just needs something to do for the day!

Fire some of your rude branch managers and start treating your employees better!

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at VNA-TIP Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The patients and close to home.

Cons

No support from management, lying, backstabbing, do not pay overtime, lack of control over schedules. Should have known it was a bad place when they make you pay for your own background check. People do not stay here because it is a sick abusive environment.

Start treating your employees as what they are: your best resource.

Poorly ran. Management is unprofessional and just all round lack of communication

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Alton, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Alton, IL

I have been working at VNA-TIP Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

one on one patient care. The patients make the job tolerable.

Cons

Low pay, long long drives and ridiculous amount of being on call. They do not pay overtime despite the fact that you will work well over 40 hours per week. Company currently being sued over this issue.

Fire some of your branch managers and treat employees well. You might take a look at why you have such an enormous turn over rate!!

VNA-TIP Healthcare Photos