VP Games Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Stefan Von Imhof

1. VP Games offered the most opportunity for personal growth I've received from an employer.

Former Employee - Office Manager in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Goleta, CA

I worked at VP Games

Pros

When I worked for VP Games, they gave me a lot of opportunity to experiment with my undeveloped but potentially valuable skill set. I was fortunate to make some minor improvements from the very beginning, which gave them confidence to let me branch out. I think many companies make it difficult for their employees to experiment with better ways of doing things, and thats bad for both parties. By letting me try increasingly difficult programming projects aimed at automating time consuming and error prone tasks, they allowed me to develop personally while also giving me a way to contribute more value that I could have otherwise.

Cons

The company is still young and is limited in it's ability to increase wages or offer promotions.

Advice to Management

Give every employee you have the opportunity to experiment the way I did. Remember how close I was to being the warehouse manager and consider how things might have worked out differently if I was.

2. Happy company that sells video games.

Current Employee - Shipping Department in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Shipping Department in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at VP Games

Pros

is a great company to work for. They treat me fairly and pay pretty well considering they are an internet startup company, and we are in the middle of a recession.

Cons

Well I only work part time but they want me to work a lot of hours, like 35 hours a week right now and I don't get any benefits. But that's just because it's Christmas which is the busiest time, it's not always like that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a great job and will continue to succeed if keep at it.

RSS Feed </> Embed