VPD

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Shannahan

A great organization with great people!

National Sales Administrative/General Manager (Current Employee)
    Folsom, CA

ProsVPD is a successful company that bleeds success from the top down. A leading company in the industry who has been able to withstand many market trends downs. Culture is one that very rarely do you see and employees come to work happy and ready to work. VPD is family, that is not something you can say in most organizations.

ConsThis company has sold and will be closing in Oct.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture is one that can not be mirrored. VPD has always been the best kept secret in the industry. I have learned so much, skills that I have implemented in my life and they will last a lifetime.

Good

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsHad good things for people bonuses,trips a lot of good people work there.ceo cares about people.I enjoyed working there.

Consthe industy is not doing well.dvd's and games are a dying breed.Movies are going more to a streaming format.Look at the Blockbuster chain...gone....Hollywood video gone.....Why pay five dollars for a dvd rental when a membership to Netflix is 8 dollars a month.....true they don't have new releases....but what a choice you have...Redbox is a dollar a movie to rent....there is no way rental outfits to compete with that.........VPD will have to retool to survive... I worked there a long time raises were far and few between......I felt I was underpaid.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your staff more the people on the floor doing the work such as warehouse..I thank and think the best of Tim the CEO really looked out for people gave bonuses and gifts to us...Thank you! I miss working there and wish the best for all of VPD!! I hope things turn around and becomes the success that is known for!!

Fantastic Company.

Sales Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Folsom, CA

ProsGreat environment and a really fun industry. Most importantly, VPD is a proponent of the home video industry.
    Tim Shannahan (CEO) sets a tone for the company that inspires VPD's employees to do their best.

Cons-The DVD industry seems to want to implode regardless of the opportunities out there. (I blame the major movie studios).
    -With the consolidation of the industry, the amount of work can be overwhelming as well as the recent restrictions place on distribution by the vendors.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing Place wtith OUTSTANDING PEOPLE

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Burlington, VT

ProsType of work, culture, great co-workers

ConsThere are no cons at all

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing because it works:)

Awesome place to work, Owner of the company looks after his employees

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsPrivately owned by same owner for over 20 years
    IT Manager is open to new ideas
    Freedom to explore and improve inefficiencies within the organization

ConsSmall Department
    Technology is slightly outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement truly care about their staff. VPD is a wonderful place to work.

A great place to work that really recognizes its people

Suwanee, GA

ProsGreat people to work with
    Great incentive plans
    Good insurance plan
    Great 401K plan
    Always changing, making the job challenging and leaving me feeling like I have made a difference

ConsLighting too high...not much to complain about, huh? And they are working on that.

Advice to Senior ManagementCooperate offers lectures, perhaps makeing this an option for other sites as well for those who want to improve and apply what they have learned to their jobs.

Great place to gain some experience. Good "stepping stone" company.

Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Folsom, CA

ProsFun, positive environment, end of the month raffle, some free movies.

ConsLow pay. And most of senior management has been there for a very long time, so each department is pretty "locked and loaded." Advancement is a long shot.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that the cube dwellers are the ones that really do all the work, not upper management. Reward them with more money, not movies. The perks are nice, but they don't pay the bills.

Worked for VPD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VPD reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VPD CEO Tim Shannahan. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by VPD employees.