VTech Electronics North America

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Allan Wong Chi Yun

It was a good opportunity to learn a lot of things as things were not very organized.

I have been working at VTech Electronics North America

ProsYou learn to find out solutions on your own which gives you a great experience to be problem solver and a leader.

ConsThe management is very ad hoc, doesn't not have a long term vision and hence does not give you specific goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore trust, more delegation,

Beware of Hong Kong management

Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at VTech Electronics North America full-time

ProsThe US team is great to work with. Everyone is helpful and supportive. Compensation and benefits are good.

ConsHong Kong is compulsively hands-on and cares very little about real experience from US employees. Despite being removed from the market they feel they know it better than those working in it everyday. So much time is wasted on work that ultimately gets overridden by the overseas team.

The Marketing team is grossly understaffed. Hong Kong gets frustrated that our competition has much stronger market awareness, yet they are content with a marketing department of only 2 personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great opportunity with your team in the US. Either invest in them and see your US presence rapidly grow, or take the entire business back to Hong Kong since you seem to feel like you can do everything better anyway.

Poor management, poor treatment of employees at VTech Kids

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I worked at VTech Electronics North America full-time for more than a year

ProsWork in the learning division is varied

ConsEmployees are treated sub par, expected to work very long hours, get berated by upper management and in the area I worked in I was exposed to environmental hazards. There is an I don't give a darn attitude toward one's concerns and most suggestions are thrown on to the scrap heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some Western world better practices, learn how to treat employees as people, not disposable
pieces, listen up to what the employees are trying to tell you, don't expect workers stateside to have the same standards as those in Asia.

Worked for VTech Electronics North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at VTech Electronics North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for VTech Electronics North America CEO Allan Wong Chi Yun. All reviews posted anonymously by VTech Electronics North America employees.