VWC Reviews

1. It is great work at VWC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at VWC

Pros

IT department is great. Management is reasonable in terms of delivery expectations. Good work life balance. I am happy to work with many talented people on the team.

Cons

Technology stack includes JavaEE and JBoss tools. There is room to improve the architecture.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

2. I have mixed feelings about my work place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at VWC

Pros

The company offers a good benefits and generous time off.

Cons

There is no opportunity for an advancement if you are an accounting professional. Salary is below the average. Unfair job distribution.

3. Great co-workers; Good benefits; Poor upper management

Former Employee - Lead Software Tester in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Software Tester in Richmond, VA

I worked at VWC

Pros

The people I worked with are excellent. Many are very talented and almost all are fun to work with. The benefits are good, better than most and the work/personal life balance is very good.

Cons

You will not be valued by upper management. You will be viewed as replaceable even if that clearly is not likely. I gave 4 weeks notice to be kind but was let go immediately so they would not have to pay for holidays that were coming up... I was let go the week of Christmas. When interviewed for the position I was told that they wanted me for a managerial position and that the compensation would be greatly improved when that happened. It never came to pass. Do not trust any promises or representations made to you during the interview. There are no performance bonuses. COLA increases are the only way outside of promotion or change of position for an increase in compensation. Get the highest salary you can when you start as you will not likely see a significant increase for several years.

RSS Feed </> Embed