Vacancy Filler

Updated February 25, 2015
4.8

CEO

Early Impressions

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Loughborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Loughborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Skilled developers to work alongside
    Very relaxed environment, which helps counteract the more stressful aspects of software engineering, such as tight deadlines or indecisive customers.
    Good salary.
    The company looks after its employees, with personal development plans which actually get implemented. Very eager to help you with any courses with you want to do that are work related and free lunch on Fridays.
    Great support in day to day work if you need a hand understanding anything and will offer constructive criticism on how your work might be improved rather than just telling you to improve without any guidance.
    Allows working from home.
    Will listen to any recommendations you have about the development process, any tools you may want to bring into the work place, any best practices you think may be good to start following, or even new libraries to work with.

Cons

Bit low holiday allowance, but not so low as to be an Issue... for me at least.

Keep doing what you're doing, company is growing. Hiring policy seems to be working great as everyone really gets along with one another.

Together we can do amazing things!

I have been working at Vacancy Filler

Pros

Vacancy Filler has a culture of valuing everyone's contribution, the management recognizes all departments need to work efficiently to provide both customer and staff satisfaction.

There is a creative atmosphere where we are encouraged to always think of way to improve both the software and the company, feedback is always taken into consideration, there is never a sense that you should only focus on your own role and department.

Free hot drinks, crisps and pizza are available, a takeaway lunch is provided on Friday's.

Cons

It can be hard to resist the free food if you are dieting!

Great place to work, the staff definitely make this place what it is!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Loughborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Loughborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The team is great to work with, cheery and no animosity. Good product that actually adds value. Innovative company that I can see going places.

Cons

Low Holiday Allowance. No added benefits for length in service.

Adding an extra days holiday per year of service up to 25 days off plus bank holidays would be a nice incentive.

A great team makes a great company to work for!

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A relaxed environment, but not too relaxed. Some companies struggle with finding the balance between professional and relaxed, but it comes naturally here at Vacancy Filler. I think it's because we're all pretty much on the same page about what we want to achieve, and most stress is self-imposed, as we all care about delivering the best to our customers.

One of the best parts about working at Vacancy Filler is that management is open, available and always willing to listen and you're valued as an entire person, rather than for just your professional skills. Your input is valued, goals are set in a collaborative way and there is no unnecessary micromanagement.

Add Free Food Fridays, a stocked kitchen, and coming soon, a small gym, and most of all, the people, and it's a great place to work.

Cons

Additional holidays based on service would be nice.

A Company That's Going Places

Current Employee - Project Manager in Loughborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Loughborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Having worked in software and IT for a number of years I have experienced some of the best and some of the worst business practices, cultures and management practices out there. Vacancy Filler have all of the best attributes of these businesses combined into one company, having managed to attract some very bright, highly motivated and talented people with a common philosophy of being proactive, working as a team, and maintaining the drive to meet some very lofty and ambitious goals. Going into the office is a pleasure; the general ethos is positive, there is a real vibe about the place, and this creates an infectious desire to work beyond the scope of your expected role and produce a level of effort that you know will be recognised and rewarded. Vacancy Filler works hard to get the best out of its people, and to develop them personally,with ongoing training and personal development plans driving the staff to achieve more.

Cons

The coffee could be better. Really very little negative to say as any issues are dealt with and actioned out immediately

Don't lose sight of your goals and keep going the way you're going - you're on the right track

Working at Vacancy Filler Recruitment Software

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Vacancy Filler for almost 6 months. I love the fact that your ideas are taken seriously and that you are encouraged to be creative and innovative on a daily basis. I work with a fabulous team of people who are passionate about delivering the very best customer service. We have a unique culture here, where everyone works together to deliver that one call and support is never too far away.
    I love coming to work everyday to be a part of the future of a fantastic organisation.

Cons

Absolutely nothing at all, a great place to work!!

We just need to remember to bring the people with us always as they are the ones that will make this company a success. This is a fabulous place to work and we should never forget where we have come from and where we are going to!

It's never a job when you love what you do..

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I made the decision to work for Vacancy Filler over three years ago and I have never looked back. The company has strong foundations with incredible cultures and values. Everyone employed at Vacancy Filler are experts in their field and the solution we provide is outstanding but, with an ever changing market we have the support and experience to keep our fingers on the pulse to continuously improve our products and services to meet the needs of our clients. Every member is professional, supportive and creative in every way. We have employee of the month where hard work and new ideas are always rewarded and announced. Birthdays are celebrated, free food Friday's give us a chance to eat together as a group, catch up and grow closer. I have never worked within an organisation where everyone pulls in the same direction with no exceptions. As we are the developer and supplier of our solution we have no restrictions in what we can do for our clients or the directions we can take so there is no doubt in my mind that we have a bright future ahead.

Cons

Can't think of any to hand.. Maybe a bigger car park ?

Best place I have worked Yet

Current Employee - Sales in Loughborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Loughborough, England (UK)

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The personal one to one training and development in place is perfect for my career. Its a challenging role with the benefits and rewards being limitless. A recommendation for anyone who wants to further themselves as a person and at the same time be rewarded for that.

Cons

I don't feel that there are any down sides working at vacancy filler. Everyday is a new day with new challenges.

A challenging yet highly rewarding work environment with a fantastic culture.

Current Employee - Sales in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Vacancy Filler

Pros

I have worked here for two years and I find that my co-workers are excellent to work with and each member of the company works well with each other. There is a great opportunity to expand knowledge and learn new skills in a rapidly growing company. Many perks and benefits include free company lunch on Fridays and regular team nights out allows us to bond well as a unit. By far the best employer I have worked for in my career.

Cons

No downsides at all to working here.

Make sure you maintain the family environment we love so much no matter how much we expand!

Vacancy Filler is a great place to work

I have been working at Vacancy Filler

Pros

I have worked with Vacancy Filler for just over 3 years now and have enjoyed every moment of it.

The office environment is always proactive, energetic and professional. Everyone takes pride in their role and works to the best of their abilities, ensuring they give the best service they can.

Management are always looking to promote feedback from us all and reward those who show initiative and make Vacancy Filler a great place to work.

Vacancy Filler is continuing to grow and bring in new talented individuals who will with their skills and experiences help to make the future even better.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Vacancy Filler Response

Feb 24, 2015Marketing Manager

We're glad you enjoy it so much here...

Vacancy Filler Photos