Vacation Rental Pros

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Steve Milo

1. Great experience, positive growing co., room for advancement, solid teamwork and given necessary tools to function.

Current Employee - Service Representative in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being part of a hard working team, solving critical problems, when tough situations are rectified it's very rewarding. Management is supportive, intelligent and understanding. This job allows me to balance my work and personal life very manage ably. We're reputable and stand by our word creating positive professional relationships. Since we're growing at a fast pace there's room for advancement and cross training for an excellent learning opportunity. We're paid on time every week, benefits are a plus, we accrue paid time off for sick and vacation.

Cons

Some of the challenges are negativity in of the office and the lack of knowledge of processes for the newer employees so things get disorganized at times. We that's a learning opportunity for the newbies and can be rectified.

Advice to Management

Reward the more efficient employees so that they make more than the "bodies" that fill the desks. Remind us of the positive aspects of our work rather than only the negative.

2. Incompetency Runs This Company

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros could be summarized to a three-word phrase; It's a job. Nothing more comes to mind.

Just filling out the twenty-word minimum this section requires.

Cons

Your values will be tested on a daily basis. Trust no one.

Lower management, using "management" loosely, are narrow-minded and take more pride in their title than the work they actually produce.

The managing body, in general, point fingers rather than work in coming up with solutions to problems. This company is not equipped with problem solvers in any area that I could see.

If you want to be part of the "revolving door" Vacation Rental Pros is becoming known for, then this will suit you just fine. VRP has more turn-over than your local pastry shop.

Problems are fixed with "masking" tape. I chose this analogy as it fits perfectly with how problems are temporarily fixed and hidden from Steve Milo. "Solution" does not exist in this company's vocabulary.

The lack of employee handbooks for safety and procedures are nonexistent. New employees beware, you either hit the water swimming on day one or you will sink. There is nothing to guide you through VRP "procedures"... literally.

Advice to Management

This section is quite moot. Advice is not received, only orders are given.

Again... just filling out the twenty-word minimum.

3. They were very narrow minded and judgemental i am gay and on probation and my manager was drama yet he said I was proble

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Ponte Vedra, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Ponte Vedra, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros

Pros

Money but the stress and drama and judgemental rich people aren't worth the hassle! Beware the manager Lee was talking behind my back beside of me and the minute I said something I was fired! Bogus! The week before Christmas! I had 20 years customer service/sales experience yet they let me go knowing I was at risk of homelessness!

Cons

I think I explained this in the pros oops lol

Advice to Management

Get rid of hateful mean dramatic management and your turnover wont be so high!

5. Fast paced, growing fast, so lots of opportunities, great learning experience, solid team work, rewarding job.+benefits

Current Employee - Service Representative in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed working at VRP for about 3 years now in the operations/service department resolving property maintenance issues. We maintain positive relationships with many vendors and work together fluidly as a team with solid intelligent management that provides us with the tools we need to be functional in our positions. We are a reputable company who stands by our word and are pretty ethical as much as we can be in tough situations. We try very hard to please our guests and owners.

Cons

The pay could be better and recognition for hard work could be noticed a bit more as well.

Advice to Management

Maybe share a Christmas bonus, definitely keep letting us know where we need to be more strong, but also let us know when we're doing a good job. Pose good ideas to solve problems when we don't have the answers so that we can become better.

6. Great Challenge and Great Opportunity

Current Contractor - Photographer in Saint Augustine Beach, FL
    Current Contractor - Photographer in Saint Augustine Beach, FL

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was hired at a time when the company was just getting started. We all had to figure out best way to do things efficiently. The incredible rate of growth required a lot of extra effort from everyone, and didn't leave much room for an easy going work attitude.

For anyone who was looking for an opportunity to grow with this highly successful company it was great. The company has a leader with a very clear picture of what he wants and will answer questions and provide help practically 24/7. I have always felt that I am in good hands.

The company is still growing super fast in spite of the bad economy and the atmosphere may still be somewhat intense, but I believe that people need to understand that they are part of a great success which is a challenge to maintain.

Cons

Challenges and hard work may not be for everyone. Of course there are things that may be improved, but that is true for every company.

Advice to Management

Company is obviously on the right track and improving constantly, so I would just say keep it going.

7. Great opportunity with a growing company

Current Contractor - Marketing
    Current Contractor - Marketing

I have been working at Vacation Rental Pros as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to work with Vacation Rental Pros several years back. Since then, I have learned a great deal from the people I've been fortunate to enough to work with and continue to be impressed by the forward momentum of this company within the Vacation Rental industry. There is opportunity here for learning and growth as well as the chance to work with some very talented folks.

Cons

Lots of growth = lots of projects. This is to be expected, so not entirely a con for those who are up to challenges and the excitement of not doing the same thing day in and day out!

8. Ive never been so angry in my life`

Former Employee - Service Desk in Ponte Vedra, FL
    Former Employee - Service Desk in Ponte Vedra, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

besides casual dress. absolutely nothing

Cons

Working under a dictator, unorganized, lack of training, Yell at employees , and do not treat their employees with any kind of respect

Advice to Management

Should have an enjoyable work experience instead of yelling at people and having attitudes all the time, reason why so many people quit (or get fired) . I could never see any of the other supervisors working the help desk . that was the most stressful and worst position ive ever experienced

9. Unorganized, frantic workplace.

Former Employee - Maintenance Representative in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Maintenance Representative in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is relatively easy to get, interview is a no-brainer, and the hours are decent and flexible. I was a service representative, taking customer calls and dispatching maintenance personnel to make repairs. The job itself was easy. The owner, Steve Milo, genuinely cares and works hard on his business, the problems with the company are with the day to day managers of the business. A lot of the problems that come up are hidden from him, unfortunately.

Cons

There was little to no training, and really no guidelines to speak of. The maintenance department takes a lot of shortcuts when it comes to getting work done, and bends over to the residences' owners' demands at the expense of the renters. A lot of work that should be done to make a place livable for a renter is ignored because the owner of the house doesn't want to spend the money (ex. inadequate pest control/cleanup, continually broken appliances). Customers are generally talked bad about in the office, like the employees can't seem to put themselves in the customers shoes.

Advice to Management

Complete replacement of the maintenance department with all new personnel with some respect for the customers. Also, stand up to owners who refuse to allow critical maintenance. One last thing, if an employee tells you that a policy is a violation of a federal law, don't fire that employee and hope nobody else notices the violation.

10. The worse work experience I have had in over 20 years!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at Vacation Rental Pros

Pros

If you want to work very long hours and not get paid then this is the company for you.They are no pros to working for this company.

Cons

No consideration made to having a personal life, no pay for any overtime, no job advancement, no fun, you co-workers are sacked just because the owner does not like them. No benefits.

Advice to Management

Get someone who can stay in a management position for any length of time to know what they are doing!

RSS Feed </> Embed