Vacations To Go
www.vacationstogo.com 150 to 499 Employees

Vacations To Go Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Vacations To Go – Houston – “5851 San Felipe Street”

R Alan Fox

Upper Management creates negative work environment

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat co-workers & vacation perks

ConsUpper Management is not in tune with other employees & is consistently demoralizing

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide better compensation & be more appreciative

Dreadful

Travel Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time for more than a year

Prosflexible hours and shifts, extra vacation time, paid training, great managers, a lot of support

Conscommissions the first year are terrible, dull work, repetitive, call center environment, no paid vacations, benefits are terrible, favoritism, you are simply a number in this company

You get out what you put in

Cruise Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time

ProsFor the most part, the atmosphere in the office is positive. The co-workers are very friendly and management wants you to succeed. There are contests to keep you motivated. The earning potential is very good. You get out of it what you put in.

ConsSmall mistakes can cost you commission. You work nights and weekends during the first 2 years. 40 hour weeks won't make you the big paychecks. Top producers work 6-7 days a week.

Not worth it unless your desperate.... keep looking for a job anyways

Travel Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Vacations To Go full-time for less than a year

ProsSome of the older employees were great to work with.

ConsI have never worked at a company that has treated there employees so horribly. From not providing coffee cups to the President & COO, Emerson yelling and cursing at his employees in front of the whole company. The company only looks out for them selves and really doesn't care for the employee. You will be treated like its a call center and have noticed there has been a very high turn over.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your biggest assets. Start treating them better.

You get what you give

Travel Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEveryone wants you to succeed, great commission potential, casual dress, great training.

ConsBusy schedule, the atmosphere could be more cheerful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving for flexibility and fairness.

Vacations to go is a great place to work

Travel Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFull commission with no caps lets you decide your own earning level based on your schedule.

ConsFull commission so during slower months there is no safety net. Hard for people who have never worked this type of job.

Ok for a few, but not a good work/life balance

Tour Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vacations To Go full-time for more than a year

ProsLow pressure from management
Good co-workers
Huge discounts on trips all over the world
No cold calling, working only incoming leads

ConsYou will not make decent money working only your regular hours. Must work at least 55+ hours a week for decent money. Customer service goals and not obtainable. To earn good money you must neglect customer service and you can not spend time helping people who are not ready to book. 100% commission.
Takes about 2-3 years to get a decent schedule. Company does not allow you to keep gift cards that the operators send you as an award. Small mistakes can cause big problems and come directly out of your pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake customer service goals more obtainable. A "good" on a survey should not hurt an agent.

Love working there.... but there a while along with many, many others

I have been working at Vacations To Go

ProsGreat opportunity to make good money. lots of comraderie, social, free travel benefits

ConsCan be some long hours on some days (if you have lots of sales,) no 9-5 works schedule within the first two years, insurance is just okay, only paid one a month if you work in sales.

Disappointing organization, has a well developed deliberate churn and burn mentality.

Master Cruise Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vacations To Go

ProsGreat initial training, decent money six to eight months of the year if you are willing to work extra hours. Great website that does provide in bound calls plenty of opportunity to sell.

ConsTo make decent money $60K+ you must ether get one of the very seldom big calls or work many hours. Top producers often work long hours, 6-7 days per week. Above average agents make more than the cap on entry level managers, yes you must agree to a pay cut to become a manager or a low earner.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe current culture is set up to reward churn and burn agents. An improved model would reward customer service, closing ratios and agents who develop repeat customers.

Not a Bad Place to be

I have been working at Vacations To Go

ProsLaid Back, low pressure from management, you are not micro managed

Cons100% Commission, hours are not very good for first two years, constantly dealing with issues beyond your control. Customer service goals for bonuses are unobtainable for 99% of employees. Paid once a month

Advice to Senior ManagementSmall base for employees during slow season

Worked for Vacations To Go? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vacations To Go reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vacations To Go CEO R Alan Fox. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Vacations To Go employees.